Bear in Mind - Can you name the 3 bears from snippets from their Wikipedia? (Sunday 12th)

MrBearightside

1) "He first joined an English team in 2000, after signing a season-long loan deal at Fulham where he helped them get promoted to the Premier League. He played for the France national under-21 football team, impressing the likes of Rangers in the process, for whom he joined on loan in March 2001, scoring on his debut for the club, from 20 yards out against Motherwell.

In December 2001, he moved to Southampton, making his debut in a defeat to Leeds United, and played in many games during the season, despite sometimes being hit with injury."

Clue - Initals
FF

Answer -
Fabrice Fernandes

2) "After the match against Nottingham Forest on 2 November 1991, he signed for Scottish club Rangers for a fee of £1,200,000.

He scored twice on his debut for Rangers against Dunfermline Athletic and went on to win two Scottish Championships, the Scottish Cup and the Scottish League Cup.

He joined West Ham United for £750,000 on 8 July 1993, but his career at Upton Park was disrupted by injuries.

Clue - Initals
DG

Answer -
Dale Gordon

3) "He began his full-time professional career in 1983 with Dundee. During his early career, He played mainly as a striker. In 1987 he was transferred to Blackburn Rovers, where he was converted into a defender."

Clue - Initals
CH

Answer -
Colin Hendry

3/3. Don’t know why I have always remembered Fernandes’ name, as he’s someone easily forgotten. It’s probably only because of the debut goal. If it wasn’t for that he’d be filed under “Oh aye, I forgot about him”.

2/3 :D converted to a defender at Blackburn was a dead give away for Hendry. And I wouldn't have got the first one if it hadn't been for the initials clue. Even then, had to rack my memory.

3/3

But the first one took me ages, I knew who he was but could not remember his name, kept thinking it was Franz Ferdinand

Never getting #1, got 2 with initials, had 3, but doubted myself as 1983 seemed awful early, checked initials and I was right first time, no concept of time obviously lol

3/3 !!
Although I needed the intials for the second one.

Strange how different we all are in our memories -- I got the first one right away!

Back