Beaton - compare and contrast

I may be wrong , I thought the player had to be facing / looking at ref when being carded ? If so it looks like the 2nd card was waved in the managers direction when his back was turned
Personally Rangers should ask that these @ officials “ do not officiate at any more Rangers games I’m sure a couple of EPL clubs have done this

He was miles behind play last night, so I can accept that he never had a clear view that it was a penalty.

He had 3 choices:

Penalty - Correct decision.

No action - Wrong decision. People would have been annoyed, but most would have accepted it.

Yellow Card for simulation - Wrong decision x 2. If he never had a clear view that it was a penalty, then he obviously never had a clear view that it was simulation and he produced a Yellow Card purely on Alfie's mhedia driven reputation.

As SG said, he can understand one official getting it wrong, but all three, when the Livj manager, all the TV pundits and all viewers could see it? That's more tha a simple error.
Even Andy Walker said it was a stonewall penalty, Did any one else think Sky must have had a few words with Crocker and Walker? Commentary last night was almost decent.

we should get refs from other countries, then again, some of them are mince too judging by our last europa league game

Last edited:
John Beaton learned early that penalising RFC had no adverse consequences for his lucrative part-time job. But last night revealed an ugly, egotistic personality trait.

John Beaton learned early that penalising RFC had no adverse consequences for his lucrative part-time job. But last night revealed an ugly, egotistic personality trait.
I wonder if he will apologise for not giving us the penalty, just like the way he crawled up Brendan Rogers arse.

Itten should have had a penalty late on as well when he had his jersey pulled, however we didn't get the pen and Itten wasn't booked for diving (which he didn't anyway)

just shows the reputation for Morelos is based on the media, not the player

This goes back to our first season back in tbe top flight.

Rangers Hibs at Ibrox.

Morelos through on goal, Darren Mcgregor rugby tackles Alfie, in mid air two arms around his waist. Pulls down Morelos preventing a clear goal scoring opportunity. Red card and free kick to Rangers.

What does Beaton see? A fould against McGregor.

This cheating bastard needs hounded out

No neck Beaton and his like continue to ruin football. Protected, unaccountable, arrogant, discourteous and contemptuous. They must be the centre of attention. SG deserved huge credit for keeping his cool when confronted by that.

Probably got a buzz out of sending off Gerrard. He's such a coward as well, not sending off the Aberdeen player against us recently as he'd already sent one of them off.

Even Andy Walker said it was a stonewall penalty, Did any one else think Sky must have had a few words with Crocker and Walker? Commentary last night was almost decent.
This is a trick that Walker plays.

Whenever he knows that a decision has gone the wrong way against Rangers that would have benefitted us but now won't, he plays it up in order to sound like he is impartial.

When it is something he thinks we could be punished for he repeats it over and over in order to influence the narrative.

Back