Being discussed on talksport.

What are we getting upset about here, all the callers said it's on the Government as it's not inside Ibrox. Jordan says it's on the Government and could be extremely embarrassing if they haven't got themselves in order. If there have been crisis talks then the Gov need to say we asked you to do xyz did you do it? If no then it's on the club, if yes then it's on the Gov.
Jordan speaks well at times but he misses some gaps which I can understand because he doesn't live here and his source for Scottish football is clueless Jum. What he's missed is the Gov lying saying they didn't receive communications from Rangers after they emailed 25th Feb, forgetting it was Rangers who initiated contact on the 22nd Feb and were waiting on instruction right up until 3pm Saturday (seemingly so were the polis who have been asked to protect an impossible law)

Regardless of what you think of him our fans broke lockdown and gave them a stick to beat us with so we’ve not really a leg to stand on if I’m being honest
You are correct. Didn't go myself when I would at any other time, although I have to say I enjoyed seeing the fans.

However, I think a large percentage of Rangers fans feel that we are going to be criticised whatever we do and have therefore started to ignore these sources of criticism.

There is a perception that the mainstream media and government are against us and we have few friends in positions of power. This has meant that there's not been enough of the carrot and too much of the stick in the way we are handled.

It's unbelievable how far we have moved as a support over the last 10 or 15 years in terms of toning down behaviour but I have the feeling that it will never be enough, and that's what leads to ignoring advice from people in positions of power.

Regardless of what you think of him our fans broke lockdown and gave them a stick to beat us with so we’ve not really a leg to stand on if I’m being honest
By 'us' I guess you mean the fans but what can they beat the club about?

Discussing it again now - phone in.

As one caller said - Rangers can be responsible for 50,000 inside Ibrox - but when private citizens do things outwith that, Rangers cannot be held responsible.
Right
Discussing it again now - phone in.

As one caller said - Rangers can be responsible for 50,000 inside Ibrox - but when private citizens do things outwith that, Rangers cannot be held responsible.
Listen to this! I’m watching the show on YouTube live which started this week, the very same bear mentioned about how the sight of the union flag would get Nicola’s blood boiling and it’s all to do with the Indy ref etc! I laughed and wanted to record that part for a mate, so I put my Alexa on as I know on that the shows probably 40 secs behind the YouTube feed, when I turned it on the same caller had just started his call, the part about the union flag was surprisingly cut out!! Very strange behaviour! Surely the union flag isn’t an embarrassment to anyone no? Sorry for the long winded post lol.

Basically saying public order is the responsibility of the police and government. This would have been foreseen and they’ve been ill prepared, as a club we can only do so much but outside the ground there’s little can be done. I don’t think a tweet from the club would make much difference!

Thanks Mr W.

Seems far too sensible for our country.

It is the hypocrisy of it that is wrong.
Protests are ok, St. Johnstone can celebrate, Celtc can attack their own players and staff, and polis, but when the big boys turn up, they are being told ....YOU can't do that!

Im
Worried by this .
Well you remember what happened to Lennon. I don’t advocate violence, but if someone or people angry enough that we’re being backed into a corner and certain groups getting away with the same thing without the same outrage ie BLM, then someone is going to say enough is enough.

Last edited:
Its the double standards. So what if people gathered we have a vaccine now. The sooner people start waking up to these politicians and those in the media the better we dont have to follow a word they say. It's all a power grab they dont want to let go of.

Does anyone else think that this was meant to happen? everyone and their dog knew fans would want to celebrate, Let’s let it happen and blame Rangers, make sure all our lapdogs are ready to slaughter the club.
they will never criticise their voters who mostly support a club from the east end.
they would have been shiiit scared to criticise the BLM marches, but we prove an easy target.

Well you remember what happened to Lennon. I don’t advocate violence, but if someone or people angry enough that we’re being backed into a corner and certain groups getting away with the same thing without the same outrage ie BLM, then someone is going to say enough is enough.
ookkaaaay then......

If I ever have the misfortune to be in his company, however unlikely that is, I would develop a tick and loudly shout "Arsehole".

Sudden onset Tourettes. I believe that he is one of the biggest causes of this unfortunate condition.

Arsehole.

Ah ya bastard, there it goes.

Back