Ben Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it is personal reasons despite what has been said elsewhere, he was injured and is back training this week.

If it was what is being suggested here would we really have asked him to do the fanzone duties on Saturday? Surely that points to it indeed being an injury like he was telling people on the day?

I don't think it is personal reasons despite what has been said elsewhere, he was injured and is back training this week.

If it was what is being suggested here would we really have asked him to do the fanzone duties on Saturday? Surely that points to it indeed being an injury like he was telling people on the day?
Hopefully, but Souttar also played against Livi just after his brother died. It’s possible Ben didn’t want to bring attention to it. Hopefully I’m wrong.

The curse continues when will it end.

Hopefully he can make a career up here but it’s looking like a John Eustace mark 2.
Rumour I heard was his wife’s cancer has returned and is not on a good way. To label ot as Eustace mk2 might be a bit off.

Maybe if he has said it injury it’s because he doesn’t want to get into discussing a deeply personal matter with someone he doesn’t know well.

Last edited:
Rumour I heard was his wife’s cancer has returned and is not on a good way. To label ot as Eustace mk2 might be a bit off.

Maybe if he has said it injury it’s because he doesn’t want to get into discussing a deeply personal matter with Billy fuckin Dodds for Radio gossip?
Was it not Emma at the fanzone on Saturday

Would be horrible if true. She had cervical cancer and I know from family experience that is very difficult to deal with nevermind dealing with it a second time.
My sister is currently in hospital with bowel cancer. If he is honestly not playing because his sister is very ill, I completely understand it 100%, I’m breaking up here.

My sister is currently in hospital with bowel cancer. If he is honestly not playing because his sister is very ill, I completely understand it 100%, I’m breaking up here.
My thoughts are with you. I know exactly what you and your family are going through. This christmas is 10 years since my aunt died of cervical cancer. Think about her everyday.

My thoughts are with you. I know exactly what you and your family are going through. This christmas is 10 years since my aunt died of cervical cancer. Think about her everyday.
I’m honestly on verge of falling out with everyone because I’m struggling with what is happening with my sister. It is hellish, completely taking over my life just now. So if Davies feels even a little like me, I understand why he can’t play football just now.

Some confusion.

ID10/4Lads had it as a personal issue.

Davies was reported to say he got injured against St Johnstone and be back soon. (Fanzone appearance on Saturday)

To be fair to the lad he’s hardly gunna come out and discuss a personal issue in a fanzone.

I’m honestly on verge of falling out with everyone because I’m struggling with what is happening with my sister. It is hellish, completely taking over my life just now. So if Davies feels even a little like me, I understand why he can’t play football just now.
If you ever feel like you need to talk to someone drop me a dm. I don’t know how much help I’d be able to give, but I understand some of what you’re going through.

To be fair to the lad he’s hardly gunna come out and discuss a personal issue in a fanzone.

I doubt the club would ask him to attend the fan zone if his wife was as ill as mentioned.

Either way, who knows. We should probably delete this.

He's not even going to be at a fucking fanzone in the first place if his wife is seriously ill ffs.

These threads need to stop.

4lads said he has personal issues. The (unfounded) rumour mill is the only thing to mention cancer.

Personal issues could literally be anything.

I’m not saying either are true but being in the fan zone doesn’t discount ‘personal issues’.

Let’s just hope it is a small injury and not anything else that has been posted on here relating to his wife, kids, sister or whatever.

Pretty poor content and reading in this thread.

Time to delete

He's not even going to be at a fucking fanzone in the first place if his wife is seriously ill ffs.

These threads need to stop.

If there was better info from the club these kind of threads wouldn't happen.

Fans are left in the dark and people speculate.

4lads said he has personal issues. The (unfounded) rumour mill is the only thing to mention cancer.

Personal issues could literally be anything.

I’m not saying either are true but being in the fan zone doesn’t discount ‘personal issues’.

But on Saturday he was interviewed and said he was injured but was close to returning.

I will take the players own words over 4lads or whoever else.

The player himself has spoken in a club hosted interview, how much clearer do you want them to make it.

That may be true, but the only evidence of him saying that is hearsay on football forums. There are clearer ways of communicating info than that.

Best wishes to you and your sister,tell her to keep fighting.

Who would be a footballer eh, I suppose on the face of it I could handle the abuse from opposition fans, poor performance your own fans and so on.

Would drive me absolutely insane if one of my loved ones serious illness was treated as gossip on a forum. Or if they weren't ill I'd be just as upset if I'd heard of those rumours that they were.

He's one of our players and I wish him nothing but the best both on and off the pitch and comparisons with other players, 'a need to know lol' type comments are poor form.

Who would be a footballer eh, I suppose on the face of it I could handle the abuse from opposition fans, poor performance your own fans and so on.

Would drive me absolutely insane if one of my loved ones serious illness was treated as gossip on a forum. Or if they weren't ill I'd be just as upset if I'd heard of those rumours that they were.

He's one of our players and I wish him nothing but the best both on and off the pitch and comparisons with other players, 'a need to know lol' type comments are poor form.
It's the usual entitled pish from folk.

He's unavailable for selection, end of story. When will he be available? When he is.

None of our business why he's unavailable.

Stay strong. I lost my dad at 59 back in March from cancer after a 2year battle. In and out of hospitals, scans, constant ups (got the all clear) and downs (it was back, terminal, treatment stopping etc). You will find strength that you never knew you had.

I know every emotion of what you are going through, wishing your sister all the best.

Last edited:
Wish people could just accept that some players are not available at times and we’ll get a bit more info when they are close to a return. This obsession with knowing the reasons why players are out is unhealthy. Before the internet it was probably just accepted but nowadays everyone thinks they have a right to know everything.

If there was better info from the club these kind of threads wouldn't happen.

Fans are left in the dark and people speculate.
Speculate, if its a personal issue then it's personal.

Are you all like sweety wives? Whether he is injured or its personal Gio has said he isn't available. What difference does it make to anyone knowing why.

It surprises me that people think they have a right to know people's personal medical issues just because they play football.

The same people would probably be raging if they were having personal issues and their employers broadcast it to other staff.

Complete lack of respect towards Davies from some.
Not even other staff, customers. Customers pulling the 'i pay part of his wages so I'm entitled to know' nonsense too.

Last week when arguing this same point, someone even said 'i'm a shareholder and want to to know' like that makes a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back