Ben Davies

Just back in from the game and haven’t seen a thread on the substitution.

Was Balogun off injured/rested or a tactical change?

Thought Ben Davies did really well when he came on. Especially when you consider how long it is since he last played. The team is far more balanced with a natural left footed center half paired with a right footer.

Thought he looked to drive us forward at times and was more positive with his passing. Dealt with the physicality of the Killie strikers quite well.

Buzzing to see him get a goal to top it off!
The balance was immediately better, I am a fan of the left sided and right sided pairings, goes all the way back to primary school football for me, along with never throwing a shy back the way.

The balance was immediately better, I am a fan of the left sided and right sided pairings, goes all the way back to primary school football for me, along with never throwing a shy back the way.
Having a settled and natural left and right sided partnership should be a priority for the summer. The team is far more balanced and plays the ball out far better. Souttar improved playing on his natural side too imo.

This, doesn't matter who we play, they all have mistakes in them

Luckily they gave scales and ccv who also have mistakes in them

Scales struggles massively with physicality. Miovski battered him about in the semi-final, as did Sokler when he came on.

I'd have put Sima up against him at every opportunity, but unfortunately he'll have no chance of making it.

Principle criticism is that he is weak, but he did OK against their big attackers and helped Borna.

We may need him next weekend so minutes will hopefully help him.

His first touch taking an awkward high ball down was quite impressive; good with his feet, and always seems to have good positional sense as well.

Back