Berahino and Benson Linked

VoetbalNieuws is trash btw. They're on the level of shitty twitter accounts when it comes to reliability in rumours.

No way we're in for Berahino.

Benson is a different matter. He plays for my local club and is a decent player. Didn't play much though but when he did he often made a good impact.

https://sporza.be/nl/2019/12/18/verslag-van-standard-antwerp-in-de-beker-van-belgie~1576710994257/ For his goal in the cup, 7:29 :)
Lovely , Antwerp and Gent , great spots

Rangers are keen on Saido Berahino and Manuel Benson - according to a report from Belgium.

VoetbalNieuws claim the pair are high on sporting director Ross Wilson 's signing radar as the Ibrox side look to strengthen their squad and deny rivals Celtic 10 In A Row.

Both currently star in the Belgian First Division and the link comes hours after Rangers put the finishing touches on a £4m deal to secure Ianis Hagi from Genk.

Forgotten man Berahino rejuvenated his career last season with Zulte Waregem after a wretched spell at Stoke City.

The 26-year-old was an England U21 regular before his career hit the skids following his exit from West Brom.

But a deal to land Benson would be more challenging, however, with his boss Ivan Leko desperate for him to remain at Royal Antwerp for the 20/21 season.

The deal for Hagi comes after the playmaker impressed during his loan spell during the second half of the season before lockdown called time on the Premiership campaign.

Gerrard spoke earlier this month about his non-stop search for new talent as he looks to produce a team capable of dethroning Celtic.

He said: "That (talent search) never stops at Rangers. We’re always analysing players, it doesn’t just have to be around the window in the summer or winter, you’re constantly watching players and analysing your own squad on where you can improve and where it can get better.

"I think the good thing for me is everyone at the club shares the ambition."
I'm sure it won't happen but the very thought of the likes of Berahino pulling on a Rangers jersey disgusts me.
I wouldn't go back if he signed.

Stopped reading after “10 in a row”. If they can’t get the basics right what chance do they have with transfer speculation.
Won’t be finishing many articles this season then mate , because this the norm in the press , in this fucking cesspit .

Berahino is along the same lines as Ravel Morrison, all the talent, but an obvious nut case who can't discipline himself and is happy to be around the wrong types of influences. He would very much be an experiment that will most likely go wrong, but IF he worked out he could also be a revelation.
uh alfredo?

Of course I do, but SG is notorious for not taking long to decide if a player was a fud our not at Liverpool and had no time for folk like Berahino.

I don't here's looking at a lad who's been a problem at every club he's ever been say and thinking "I want some of that"
He will if he could get a player , with without the baggage we could never afford , it’s similar to Morelos argument , their will always be a manager , thinking I could be the one to get the best out of these lads , And I’m no way comparing two lads as people , Alfie polar opposite just vilified in this backwater .

berahino is a talent, there is no doubt... but way too much baggage and way too much of a risk. We can't afford to risk disrupting the dressing room at this stage, with a trouble maker. Gerrard has worked hard to create a harmonious dressing room - would be crazy to risk throwing that away on a whim.

Did Berahino not go for about 3 seasons without scoring a goal?
Never mind the baggage, I can’t see him being worth the hassle.

Back