Bernardo Silvas punishment for Mendy tweet

Homelander

: Bernardo Silva has been handed a one-game ban, a £50k fine and compulsory education for his tweet to Benjamin Mendy in September

The last thread on this was mental. Was like stepping back in time 70 years.

I wonder what the education is though, do they lock him in a room and make him watch Mandingo

Here we go.

BD10-E7-FC-053-B-4-D34-9091-3-FD9455986-E8.gif

Would a League Two player be fined £50k for a similar tweet?

Seems unfair that someone should be treated differently just because he can afford it.

Enlighten me then, smart arse.
The Chilwell one is a look a likey of 2 white humans.
The other one was of a black guy and a cartoon.

If Silva had noted the resemblance between Mendy and a Hollywood actor it may have went without fuss.

Or maybe someone would have been offended by him insinuating all black people look the same.

Either way we now live in a society where people find offence in almost everything.

The Chilwell one is a look a likey of 2 white humans.
The other one was of a black guy and a cartoon.

If Silva had noted the resemblance between Mendy and a Hollywood actor it may have went without fuss.

Or maybe someone would have been offended by him insinuating all black people look the same

If Chilwell had said one of his team mates looked like Homer Simpson or something no-one would've batted an eyelid.

I assume Ben Chilwell will get the same punishment for this?

Except the Joker isn't a racist image used to disparage or oppress white people. I don't doubt for a second that Bernardo Silva had any intention of racially abusing his friend and teammate. But these two images are incomparable. Joaquin Phoenix as the Joker isn't a cartoon caricature of a white man. The image Bernardo Silva used can easily be cited as a racist caricature of a black person and sadly for him, irrespective of intent, it was viewed in that fashion. He posted this publically, this wasn't a leaked group chat or WhatsApp group message.

: Bernardo Silva has been handed a one-game ban, a £50k fine and compulsory education for his tweet to Benjamin Mendy in September
Tell them to foxtrot Oscar. Compulsory education indeed. Who do they think they are.

Yet Baroness Lawrence of Clarendon can accuse London fire fighters of not hurrying to the Grenfell disaster and said they would have went faster had all the occupants had been white. Not a thing was said about it. The world is absolutely mental.

Go back and dig out the old thread and have a read through it. I’m not wasting my time spelling it out for the same people again. Needless to say the history of the particular cartoon Mendy used is significant.

Nah I won't bother thanks. Read enough of your smarmy morally superior guff on this one.

When is Sterling getting his ban for this? Imagine the outcry if it was the other way about.

Why would Sterling get a ban for that? They look similar, to the extent that Zinchenko had said that he often gets mistaken for de Bruyne.

Silva was comparing Mendy to a cartoon based on outdated stereotypes of black people. Comparing Sterling's tweet to Silva's is completely disingenuous.

Last edited:
Why would Sterling get a ban for that? They look similar, to the extent that Zinchenko had said that he often gets mistaken for de Bruyne.

Mendy was comparing Mendy to a cartoon based on outdated stereotypes of black people. Comparing Sterling's tweet to Silva's is completely disingenuous.

I’m not going to say any more on this beyond this post because it’s painful to read and reply to the same inane guff again and again, but well done on highlighting the bolded part, which is the key thing that makes these comparisons absolutely ridiculous.

Mendy was comparing Mendy to a cartoon based on outdated stereotypes of black people. Comparing Sterling's tweet to Silva's is completely disingenuous.

You're wasting your time here, mate.

Back