Bert Konterman talking about his goal against celtic

I was there that night. Balde was a dirty bastard the whole game.

Never rated konterman but that goal puts him on a par with Bo Andersen

I thought the beggars had the north stand that night
giphy.gif

It was one of those you knew it was a goal the second he hit the ball. Great memory.

I thought the beggars had the north stand that night

is the North Stand not the Main Stand so to speak? BT Stand I think it was called? Or was it the South? The side that the you have to walk up and get the trophy!

Either way what a strike and what a hardon!

I watched that game in a right rebel hell hole in Leeds. Glad to say it has been knocked down for a few years now (The Regent). I was at the back of the room and made my exit once I'd seen the net bulge and their tears cascading down their faces. Phoned my father to celebrate when outside, then had to go back in to get my boss an Arsenal/Celtic fan who was up from London and wanted to watch the game. The place was like a morgue.

is the North Stand not the Main Stand so to speak? BT Stand I think it was called? Or was it the South? The side that the you have to walk up and get the trophy!

Either way what a strike and what a hardon!

South Stand is the Main Stand at Hampden.

Love the last view where you see one of our players just drop to their knees. IIRC their goal that night should have been disallowed after a foul on Klos and the whole match was a slog. I was young at the time but remember going mental in the house with my dad and brother. Amazing feeling.

Why was some of Hampden left empty that night? Renovations?

I was in the Rangers end nearest the Main Stand, IIRC the Filth were given almost all of the North Stand due to the work being done on Hampdump.

They were giving it the big one, arrogance seeping out of them. Cheering some of our players (how original, we only started doing that about a decade before that), a banner saying 'Simply Better'.

How sweet it was to send them home crying. Khenny Clarke was the ref that night, and we won no thanks to his usual standard of officiating. He let Balde away with murder, cementing both Flo and De Boer without sanction. He also let Fatson, being marked by Amo, wander off the pitch at throw ins and corners so he could evade being marked. Deliberately leaving the pitch without the refs permission is a yellow card offence.

But that stopped their attempt to win consecutive trebles.

Instantly redeemed himself with that one strike, especially as it was a massive result in helping us knock them off their perch and it was a valuable result in swinging the momentum back to the good side.

Back