Bertie auld

I have seen 2 people I loved very much die from this and the effect on their husbands and families while trying to fight off this horrible condition was devastating to see

Im not going to say anything petty all rivalries aside I genuinely wish him and his family good wishes for the terrible battle to come

I actually chatted to him one night-he was funny-gave my mate a hard time for saying Thistle were negative under him. I asked him about Baxter-he said he was good but couldn't tackle :)

This is a horrible illness I wish him and his family the absolute best. Sad news.

Seems to happen a lot to old footballers.

Is it statistically more prevalent than in the general population?

Forget the rivalry for once this illness is horrible and has a devastating impact on family and relatives involved.

I wish them well.

fitted a gas meter in his house in Giffnock 30 years ago and he gave me £20 a lot of money then but wouldnt wish that on my worst enemy

I’ve seen first hand what this evil illness can do. It robs people of their personality and leaves the shell of the person to sadly drift on, unaware of the heartache round about them. A truly awful illness, and I wish the Auld family all the best.

A disease that is effecting my own family at this time. I genuinely hope that his family can handle it better than we have.Nothing worse when a family member doesn’t recognise who you are anymore.

He was well before my time as a player, but I understand why people might have had issues with him in the past for his actions, but at the end of the day we are talking about an 83 year old man and I wish him and his family all the best.

My Ma and Da are both in care with this horrible illness.
I wish both would pass away in their sleep as it's nothing but an existence.

F.uckin heartbreaking and don't get me started on rules for visiting.
No seen my Ma in 14 months, yet I can visit my Da because I'm the nominated visitor for him.

My sister is nominated visitor for my Ma yet can't see my Da.
My big Bro can see neither.

F.uckin pathetic.

No seen my Ma in 14 months, yet I can visit my Da because I'm the nominated visitor for him.

F.uckin pathetic.
I feel for you and your family mate hopefully you can all get together soon

F.uckin pathetic.
Once again ,I'm crying for a stranger,heartfelt sympathy for you mate so sorry for your dilemma!

Back