Best all round player you have seen in a Rangers strip

Not wanting to derail the cup final scorer thread, so starting this one. Best all rounder you have seen playing for us. In my opinion its Derek Johnstone by a country mile. He was lethal up front, a classy and formidable centre half and a more than capable midfielder. Thoughts?
IMO our MIP of the 70's

Depends on the crteria.
A player who could play multiple positions or roles or a player blessed with the most footballing attributes.

Players who filled numerous rolls with great distinction would include Jimmy Millar,Derek Johnstone and Sandy Jardine.

The player who possessed every footballing attribute would be Paul Gascoinge.

Beat all-rounder as in someone whom demonstrated ability to play in multiple positions would be John Brown and Claudio Reyna for me.

Brown was signed as a fullback and played there, midfield and even up from on occasion before getting a run at centre of defence around 1991.
He was solid in each position.

Reyna much the same, just a dead competence footballer who was first & foremost a midfielder but could play in defence easily. I can’t remember him in forward positions much but another solid footballer.

DJ before my time but Inthink is undoubtedly another, who did it in a strong Rangers side.

Brian Laudrup for me, skillful, athletic, fast, strength on the ball, goal scorer. Simply brilliant and it was a pleasure to see him play for us.

Back