• Bates

Votes: 5 0.6%
  • Hill

Votes: 30 3.9%
  • A.N Other D

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Where's Russell Martin? I man bloody hell if Senderos and Bates are up there he may as well be as too. In all seriousness though it's between Goldson and Bocanegra for me, will give the nod to Captain America.

If you’re basing it on their performances during “the journey” or even during their time at Rangers, Goldson wins it hands down, imo.

can only assume that some are basing it on player’s full career when they’re voting for some of the others!

Bocanegra is the best player from the list. Goldson probably contributed the most.

We’re still some way short of the quality of a Terry Butcher or a Richard Gough, let alone a Davie Weir or Lorenzo Amoruso, but Goldson, for all his faults and detractors, has easily been our best centre half in that time.

Helander may possibly be even better, but we probably haven’t seen enough of him yet to be entirely sure.

Personally I’d love to see us add another top drawer centre back in the mould of the four players mentioned at the start to captain the whole team. I still think we might need that in order to win the title.

Last edited:
Bocanegra was a class act his full season with us but after we got demoted him and Goian gave the impression they would rather have been anywhere than the 3rd division and the performances the handful of games for us showed that. That’s why he did not get my vote. I would have loved to have seen them both stay for a while (I HATE the reference to the journey) - would have been quite the upgrade on Perry and Cribari!

I remember Goian giving me a good laugh when he said something along the lines of ‘I expected the third division to be full of fat amateurs’

The best CB on that list by a country mile is Alves. Just a shame it never worked out. Can't believe there is folks that voted for Senderos. I know he wasn't at us for long but I ffing love Clint Hill.

Surprised Bocanegra is doing so well tbh. I would have Katic ahead of him and I don't rate him particularly highly.

Danny Wilson and Darren McGregor in that poll. Jesus wept, I thought I'd deleted them from my memory.

The best CB on that list by a country mile is Alves. Just a shame it never worked out. Can't believe there is folks that voted for Senderos. I know he wasn't at us for long but I ffing love Clint Hill.

Suspect anyone who voted for him or Danny Wilson are Shettlestons at the wind up mate.

I’ve high hopes for George, and hopeful with a decent run Helander will prove his class despite lack of pace. Defending is still an art form in Italian football so should be fine for our level. I think the 3 main guys have all displayed horrible lapses in concentration and worry over their organisation/communication skills. As we don’t play with full backs even more important that these guys can sense danger and demand from others what’s required. Jury still out on them all 4 of current guys for me. They’ve all got strengths and potential but time to cut out the %^*& ups and find some consistency.

No trophies, no chairman, no profits posted yet, no new kit released, and no friends at all in Scottish football. Not peak banter but miles away from vintage Rangers.

That's all you had to type in the first place. There's a huge difference between being "miles away from a vintage Rangers" and "The Banter Years". I think we're miles away from "vintage Rangers"; I also think we're on another planet from "The Banter Years".

Connor Goldson signed and we went from getting beat off Progress to holding our own against Villareal and Spartak. We also beat and competed against Celtic. This year we got to the last 16.

We signed a kit deal. We have a board that we can trust. We just signed a player who the fans wanted for millions of pounds. Yes, there is a lot of work to be done, but to perpetuate this idea that we are still in "the banter years" is bizarre and almost masochistic. I am at a loss to see where you get off on that kind of patter tbh.

Not sure if I'm remembering the match through red mist, but did it seem like he wanted to come off?
Was more talking about the standard of display from a rabbit in the headlights perspective, but granted he showed no signs of wanting to come off...that feeling seemed reserved for us suffering from the stand!

Anybody that thinks Goldson is better than Bocanegra (or Goian for that matter) is off their head. They two didn't really contribute to the journey but if the vote is on ability then Goldson isnt even top 3.

At peak, Alves blows the rest away but his peak was not with us.

McCulloch, I don't regards as a cb but his contribution to Rangers exceeds the rest.

For me Goldson has been the best cb we have had although I think Helander may in future win this vote.

Was more talking about the standard of display from a rabbit in the headlights perspective, but granted he showed no signs of wanting to come off...that feeling seemed reserved for us suffering from the stand!

Red mist of time clouding my memory.

Helander based on what I have saw so far so I voted him.

CG is understandably been our main stay even at ropey times it was hard not to make him my first choice but Helander got it from me.

Back