Best European kit youve seen under Ibrox floodlights

Ac milan in the beckham friendly. What a team that was as well.

Or as @Brian Laudrup says, the sampdoria strip in the Ibrox international tournament trophy. Great strip, great team and a really good tourney as well.
I often wonder why we as a club don’t organise a tournament like this every other year, would bring in some serious money and clubs would want to play at Ibrox. Maybe something the club could look at.

Juventus, with a team to match.

What a three match package that was - Juventus, Borussia Dortmund and Steaua. It doesn't get much more 'Big Time'.

And an honourable mention for PSV. Theres something about verticle stripes (Kilmarnock aside) that tells you, your mixing with top continental sides.

Last edited:
think a few folk are diving in without reading the title of the thread, and giving there favourite European games under the lights haha.

For me it has to be Bayern Munich in April 1972. We beat a superb team that contained so many magnificent players.

Barcelona 2007.

0_GD17761395.jpg

Borussia Moenchengladbach. Their strip was unique and very “continental” looking.
Mainly white strips are always striking under the floodlights, I can only imagine how it must have felt seeing the legendary Real Madrid of Puskas, Di Stefano and Gento at Ibrox in 1963. I was only six but I’ve admired Real ever since.

My favourite European night at Ibrox. So possibly this has clouded my judgment.

This match is the reason I started to follow Inter Milan and have been to the San Siro on a number of occasions. They had a great team and a really nice kit.

Just bought it on eBay tonight as well!

6-EE386-C4-E41-A-49-E0-920-E-12-E6-CF9-A6-CE7.jpg

B8-E2-DB80-49-C3-41-E4-A0-D9-A4-DA59-FADBE1.jpg

F16120-BD-E95-B-484-E-BAB6-8-A43-E6-C2-BEA0.jpg

Soo many cracking kits.
Sampdoria, Ajax, the nike luminous Dortmund kit in the 90s, the Leeds kit was a belter too.
The orange Barca kit in 07 was a cracker too.
Parma probably my favourite though.
I had the Dortmund kit from the year they played us. Loved it.

I remember they had to recall a batch though (not sure if it was that season’s one or a different year) because the luminous yellow dye used by Nike could have been considered toxic.

I had the Dortmund kit from the year they played us. Loved it.

I remember they had to recall a batch though (not sure if it was that season’s one or a different year) because the luminous yellow dye used by Nike could have been considered toxic.
There wasn't many nike kits around at that time.
Think PSG and Dortmund were about the only ones

Another vote for Red Star Belgrade in 1990.
Very simple stripes, and possibly no sponsor.
A great footballing team as well.

There wasn't many nike kits around at that time.
Think PSG and Dortmund were about the only ones
Aye. Arsenal and 1860 Munich were another two off the top of my head. Sunderland has a Nike kit in the 80s though I’m sure I read that somewhere.

Not a european night, but liverpools all red strip when we played them at the offical opening of the govan stand

Back