Best midfielder in Italy

He’s done remarkably well over there, much better than I think most imagined.

I thought he was solid enough at Aberdeen, but didn’t really see him as having anything more about him that would have dislodged the likes of Lundstram, Jack, Arfield, Kamara, etc.

It was the right move for him. Fair play to the lad.

Lewis Ferguson, Premio Bulgarelli. But not good enough for us. I know there been threads but this is the footnote.
We have to buy the best young Scots especially if Rangers fans. And there's a couple being debated just now. It should be no debate, it's so low risk.
Of course it isn't low risk. Easy to say with hindsight, but they don't all work out.

Of course it isn't low risk. Easy to say with hindsight, but they don't all work out.
If anybody thinks that this boy's game, if we signed him, would have elevated his stature to the equal of "the best midfielder in Serie A" then please give me the lottery numbers and correct score for Saturday's game.

It's time to move on. The price wasn't right, we had a crowded midfield, would Aberdeen even have sold him, would it have been right for him?

He went to Italy and seems to have worked hard and came on leaps and bounds. Would he have been the same for us? Who knows? but given the fact very few Scottish players elevate their game to this level, I would personally think the odds would be low.

Just my 2 cents worth.

He made the right choice. Went to a team with no real expectations or pressures on them. Got time to grow and learn in a technically superior league where skill is rewarded over physicality. Would he have developed as well with the hammer throwers, pressure for instant success, poor refs, pressure for the need to 'get stuck in'. Might have done but I very much doubt it.

When does the Lewis Ferguson stuff end seriously.

Every week there's a thread with someone else looking for a pat on the back for saying we should have signed him years ago.

He's playing under one of the best young managers in the game just now in a system that suits him with a very specific role. Well done to him.

When you have a Rangers fan who was the stand out midfielder in the teams outside the old firm then the sensible decision would have been to sign him. The Scottish national team is filled with talented players but sadly unlike in the past not many come from Rangers at the moment.

Just because he has done well over there does not mean he would have here. Better players have been unable to deal with playing for a club like ours.
That said though it would have been nice to have been able to confirm either way.
I totally agree that there is a snobbish element when it comes to Scottiah talent and imo every winning Rangers team needs that pride and passion.

Lewis Ferguson, Premio Bulgarelli. But not good enough for us. I know there been threads but this is the footnote.
We have to buy the best young Scots especially if Rangers fans. And there's a couple being debated just now. It should be no debate, it's so low risk.
Best midfielder says who?

People either didn’t want us to sign him because his uncle is Barry Ferguson or some weird panic he’d be sent off for us constantly :))

On the last point he’s compared to Ryan Jack. Ryan Jack got 4 red cards in his first season and not one since.

Just mental logic on here at times.

Was crazy not to sign him being so young and having played nearly 250 games for the sheep

Just goes to show, some people’s opinions on a forum mean absolutely jack shit.

Cracking wee player who really should have been a top target for us but for some major snobbery.

We should have pushed the boat out for him, but hindsight is a wonderful thing and is rightly showing his potential in Italy, and is now being correctly targeted for a massive money move.

Good on the lad as well. Good to see one of our own doing well, and the boy will still have a love for Rangers no matter who he plays for.

Hope he gets the big move he deserves.

Regardless of how people spin it, Ferguson is the only SPFL player of recent times who was a no brainer of a signing. He would have improved us, he would have improved at us, and we would be looking at turning a big profit on him.

Our managers at the time we would have been looking at him - Gerrard and Gio - didn't agree with that.

Like others, I have my doubts that a move to us would have went as successfully as his move to Italy, for various reasons, and we'll never know now, but it wasn't only some fans who didn't think he was worth spending that money on.

Do you honestly think Aberdeen, would have sold Lewis Ferguson to us? Not a chance in hell, rangers had no chance of signing him, even if rangers wanted him

It’s the number 8 award voted by the players in the league. So everyone playing in Seria A says he is.
An award won previously by Xavi and Iniesta B-)

Presumably they have changed it to only Serie A players.

He is good company mind you when looking at recent winners.

He's a great player. A real shame we didn't go for him, despite the drive to put a brave face on it, jt was a mistake on our behalf. Especially given how much money we've wasted on players.

He's doing great over there, good luck to him. What a success story it has been.

When does the Lewis Ferguson stuff end seriously.

Every week there's a thread with someone else looking for a pat on the back for saying we should have signed him years ago.

He's playing under one of the best young managers in the game just now in a system that suits him with a very specific role. Well done to him.
Should ask these guys to give us the names of current young talents who are destined for the top. Then we can go through them all in 4 or 5 years and have a right laugh.

Miovski is the player we should be putting all that’s needed into , whatever the cost (within realistic budget obviously) for anything under 10 million we will not get better anywhere else, Danilo £6 million albeit injured for most this season I’d rather have miovksi at that money

Our fanbase don't have the patience to allow players to develop, half of them have already decided Mccausland is shite and he's had less than a dozen starts.

A thread on here about him from 2020, only a few folk who rated him amongst a unanimous opinion of him being shite.

A thread on here about him from 2020, only a few folk who rated him amongst a unanimous opinion of him being shite.

That thread is fairly typical of what you see on here.

Player has shite/poor game = he's shite.
Player has good/excellent game = sign him.

The average poster very rarely forms an opinion of a player over the course.

Fair play to him, playing in a wonderful city in an amazing country against some of the best players in the world and has been deemed to be the best by his peers. He’s a bluenose and there’s every chance he’ll get to play for his heroes at some point in his career.

Learning in a cultured and slower league seems to be perfect for him, would he have developed the same at us? We will never know and I won't lose any sleep thinking over it tbf

Back