Best Morelos has played for a while

Status
Not open for further replies.
No really when Colak was scoring regularly early on,did you miss that?
Colak has scored 1 goal in the last 9 or something like that.

Morelos has started 4 games all season and not once in the league.A league we’re currently trailing the filth in by 7 points.

Pretty damning on Morelos I’d say.

Morelos has started 4 games all season and not once in the league.A league we’re currently trailing the filth in by 7 points.

There would have been uproar if Colak had been dropped earlier,now there won’t be after a few very poor performances from him.

As true as it is, with how bad we currently are- are we as well playing him to get us more up the pitch while encouraging him to sign a new deal so we can get some half decent money for him?

I think the leagues done and GVB is a dead man walking. As ridiculous as that is.

There would have been uproar if Colak had been dropped earlier,now there won’t be after a few very poor performances from him.
Face facts,mate.Morelos has been p!sh this season and very rarely starts.All his own doing because he just downright refuses to grow up.When 2 ex champions league winning players who’ve both captained their country have had to banish him from the team/squad from time to time,it’s pretty evident why no real big top team as ever came in for him.Time to part ways in the summer.

Interesting that the likes of Tav and Lundstrams lack of fitness along with the rest of the team is blamed on Gio and his pre season. Yet Alfie is the only person to blame for his.
Tav & Lundstram didn’t end up over weight having been hitting the bevy too hard and ended up being banished from the squad before a vital champions league qualifier.

As true as it is, with how bad we currently are- are we as well playing him to get us more up the pitch while encouraging him to sign a new deal so we can get some half decent money for him?

I think the leagues done and GVB is a dead man walking. As ridiculous as that is.
I hear what you’re saying mate but I genuinely think this is the end of the line for us and Morelos now.What we do with him between now and the end of the season,Christ knows.

Reactions: cav
Tav & Lundstram didn’t end up over weight having been hitting the bevy too hard and ended up being banished from the squad before a vital champions league qualifier.
That’s absolutely true but none of the players mentioned are near peak fitness

That’s absolutely true but none of the players mentioned are near peak fitness
It’s evident the rumours of poor fitness training pre season appear to be true mate but Morelos completely different problem.A problem that has popped up more then once since he’s been with us.

Face facts,mate.Morelos has been p!sh this season and very rarely starts.All his own doing because he just downright refuses to grow up.When 2 ex champions league winning players who’ve both captained their country have had to banish him from the team/squad from time to time,it’s pretty evident why no real big top team as ever came in for him.Time to part ways in the summer.
You talk some nonsense honestly.

You talk some nonsense honestly.
Feel free to point out which part is nonsense?

He’s hardly played this season.
It was his own fault GvB exiled him for the PSV game.
Gerrard too had issues with him.
No top team has game in for him.

All of the above are facts.

Do you sleep in Alfredo Morelos bedcovers because you’re coming across like a 12 year old trying to argue black is white over his favourite player?

Colak was our best player up till maybe three games ago.
Why would he be dropped?
That’s debatable.He was scoring goals yes but a fully fit,focused Morelos playing to his full potential easily starts before Colak as Defoe similarly found out when he too was scoring regularly.

Feel free to point out which part is nonsense?

He’s hardly played this season.
It was his own fault GvB exiled him for the PSV game.
Gerrard too had issues with him.
No top team has game in for him.

All of the above are facts.

Do you sleep in Alfredo Morelos bedcovers because you’re coming across like a 12 year old trying to argue black is white over his favourite player?
People get worked up with a Rangers supporter supporting a Rangers player on a Rangers forum,it’s the weirdest behaviour ever.

People get worked up with a Rangers supporter supporting a Rangers player on a Rangers forum,it’s the weirdest behaviour ever.
No they don’t.People are just pointing out Morelos is a Rangers player who’s let himself,the club and the support down again this season,can’t get a sniff of a start and it’s all of his own doing.Again.Believe me,I’ve defended him as much as anyone over the years but he never seems to learn.

No they don’t.People are just pointing out Morelos is a Rangers player who’s let himself,the club and the support down again this season,can’t get a sniff of a start and it’s all of his own doing.Again.Believe me,I’ve defended him as much as anyone over the years but he never seems to learn.
On a thread started about Morelos playing well,there’s plenty of other threads about him & Kent,as I said it’s strange people seem to take offence about anything positive being wrote about our players.

The ones that don’t, go for Warburton, Caixinha or Gerrard?
Not everybody with a good cv is good at their job either.
And, not everybody with a blot on that cv is bad.
Every appointment in every field is a bit of a gamble and most hirers will opt for the experience over potential.
And, most of the time, they’ll be correct.
Either way, the qualified and experienced people will know better than the guy in the stand who scored a good goal at the fives one night.
Warburton had a bit of a name & a bit of a track record at Brentford.

Caixinha had zero name or track record.

Gerrard had the name & no track record.

Our recent appointments have been shocking with more failures than successes.

It’s evident the rumours of poor fitness training pre season appear to be true mate but Morelos completely different problem.A problem that has popped up more then once since he’s been with us.
Morelos returned from summer break in a very poor state. Yes he had been recovering from injury but the physical condition he returned in certainly didn’t improve his chances of featuring sooner.

That’s not made up either. Not long after, he’s left behind for our PSV game.

No other player returned overweight like Morelos did. No other player had a questioned attitude and application.

Morelos returned from summer break in a very poor state. Yes he had been recovering from injury but the physical condition he returned in certainly didn’t improve his chances of featuring sooner.

That’s not made up either. Not long after, he’s left behind for our PSV game.

No other player returned overweight like Morelos did. No other player had a questioned attitude and application.
Thank %^*& follow follow wasn’t about when Gazza was here,you would’ve wanted him chased haha

That’s debatable.He was scoring goals yes but a fully fit,focused Morelos playing to his full potential easily starts before Colak as Defoe similarly found out when he too was scoring regularly.
A fully fit, focussed McCoist playing to his full potential easily starts before any. Does that exist anymore? No. Same as this fully fit, focussed Morelos playing to his full potential.

He played well for about 4 months, prior to that he was rubbish as well.

11 and 12 league goals the last 2 seasons, is that good enough for a Rangers striker?

For the millionth time. He played 3/4s of the last 2 seasons. Last season with a quad injury. The season before that due to covid.

The extrapoltion of the numbers of both seasons is 17/18 goals. And he doesnt take penalties.

For the millionth time. He played 3/4s of the last 2 seasons. Last season with a quad injury. The season before that due to covid.

The extrapoltion of the numbers of both seasons is 17/18 goals. And he doesnt take penalties.
He played 26 league games last season, 11 goals in that is not great. A goal every 193 minutes.
Sakala scored a goal every 163 minutes in the League.

So should Sakala be our first choice striker?

Colak has scored as many goals in less than half the minutes.

That season before, he also scored 11 goals in 26 games as well.

That's not Rangers striker levels at all, the extrapolation of numbers as you say, doesn't add up.

Granted he's been good in Europe, very good infact, but domestically not so much.

Morelos for a "fat uninterested striker" is scoring at a higher rate than Colak domestically this season.

Fcuk knows how thats even possible considering he misses a million open goals per game
Sakala for a player not good enough to start up front, has scored at a higher rate than Morelos last season domestically. %^*& knows how that's even possible given he's not good enough to be a starting striker for us.

Was Craig Gordon wide of the goal when he saved from Morelos?
What one was that? There was one he tried to bend it round Gordon and put it wide of post. Where I sit it didn’t look like Gordon touched, but maybe I have wrong angle.

Other chance was cut-back from Tillman and his effort was poor. Then followed up by one left hand side edge of box that he hit well over the bar.

Sakala for a player not good enough, has scored at a higher rate than Morelos last season domestically. %^*& knows how that's even possible given he's not good enough to be a starting striker for us.

Point? No one called Sakala fat and uninterested. Strawman nonsense

He played 26 league games last season, 11 goals in that is not great. A goal every 193 minutes.
Sakala scored a goal every 163 minutes in the League.

So should Sakala be our first choice striker?

Colak has scored as many goals in less than half the minutes.

That season before, he also scored 11 goals in 26 games as well.

That's not Rangers striker levels at all, the extrapolation of numbers as you say, doesn't add up.

Granted he's been good in Europe, very good infact, but domestically not so much.

11 in 26 is just under 1:2. Hows that not "Rangers striker" numbers?

A good Rangers striker should be targeting 30+ league goals a season, not 11.

How many Rangers strikers in history have scored 30+ goals?

I can think of McCoist and Boyd. (Both taking penalties)

Seems more the exception than the rule and Boyd wasnt considered good enough to play in Europe by Smith.

You can say whatever number you like. The reality is, Morelos averages roughly 1:2 for his full Rangers career. If you add assists he has a 70% goal contribution ratio for his Rangers career. He never takes penalties.

Those numbers are tremendous and stand up against just about every Rangers striker in history.

If you dont like his playing style. Or dont like him personally. Thats cool. Thats life mate. But his numbers definitely stand up to scrutiny

What one was that? There was one he tried to bend it round Gordon and put it wide of post. Where I sit it didn’t look like Gordon touched, but maybe I have wrong angle.

Other chance was cut-back from Tillman and his effort was poor. Then followed up by one left hand side edge of box that he hit well over the bar.
Gordon caught the ball!

Morelos for a "fat uninterested striker" is scoring at a higher rate than Colak domestically this season.

Fcuk knows how thats even possible considering he misses a million open goals per game

I'm assuming you're basing that on a per minutes played basis?

Even still, the stats look like this:

Colak has 14 goals and 2 assists in 24 match appearances.
Morelos has 3 goals and 1 assist in 18 match appearances.

Bit of a stretch trying to show that Morelos has a better rate of return.

I'm assuming you're basing that on a per minutes played basis?

Even still, the stats look like this:

Colak has 14 goals and 2 assists in 24 match appearances.
Morelos has 3 goals and 1 assist in 18 match appearances.

Bit of a stretch trying to show that Morelos has a better rate of return.

Per 90 mate. Which is a better stat.

Morelos has 3 league goals and hasnt started a game. So using the raw number of games is grossly unfair.

I say all of this as someone who has consistenly and repeatedly said that Colak is the deserved first choice just now.

Just sick of a backup striker getting this level of abuse. Hes way down the list of reasons for the lack of success this season.

Plus IIRC you played football at a very good level? You will also know just how important a preseason is as well - which Morelos didnt get.

Per 90 mate. Which is a better stat.

Morelos has 3 league goals and hasnt started a game. So using the raw number of games is grossly unfair.

I say all of this as someone who has consistenly and repeatedly said that Colak is the deserved first choice just now.

Just sick of a backup striker getting this level of abuse. Hes way down the list of reasons for the lack of success this season.

Plus IIRC you played football at a very good level? You will also know just how important a preseason is as well - which Morelos didnt get.

True, but you and I both know how stats work.

He's also started 4 games, 3 of them in the Champions League when he missed about 3-4 genuine sitters and couldn't do anything against a pish Dundee side at Ibrox.

I know he's not the reason for lack of success, but I don't think he'll ever get anywhere near the level when he was at his best for us whilst he remains a Rangers player.

Just looks done to me.

True, but you and I both know how stats work.

He's also started 4 games, 3 of them in the Champions League when he missed about 3-4 genuine sitters and couldn't do anything against a pish Dundee side at Ibrox.

I know he's not the reason for lack of success, but I don't think he'll ever get anywhere near the level was at his best for us whilst he remains a Rangers player.

Just looks done to me.

Yep he missed a few sitters. I call him out for that at the time.

I think regardless of how anyone feels about Morelos, we need 2 quality strikers. We cant rely on Roofe. So its in everyones interests to try and get behind him and get him firing again.

Btw an interesting stat i just learned. Hes averaging a goal and assist at a 1.5 per game, per 90 ratio domestically. Which outperforms every season hes ever played for us currently. So he does, on paper at least, seem to be contributing at a ridiculously high rate in the minutes he does play. Higher than literally everyone else on the team. So its something to consider.

I also think, and im sure we both agree here, that he can play better too.

Yep he missed a few sitters. I call him out for that at the time.

I think regardless of how anyone feels about Morelos, we need 2 quality strikers. We cant rely on Roofe. So its in everyones interests to try and get behind him and get him firing again.

Btw an interesting stat i just learned. Hes averaging a goal and assist at a 1.5 per game, per 90 ratio domestically. Which outperforms every season hes ever played for us currently. So he does, on paper at least, seem to be contributing at a ridiculously high rate in the minutes he does play. Higher than literally everyone else on the team. So its something to consider.

I also think, and im sure we both agree here, that he can play better too.

When he's come on and scored, are those tight games that his goals win, or are they games when it's already won and the opposition has folded?

When's the last time he had a key contribution to us winning, provided a match winning performance where without him we'd have lost, or even been one of our better players?

When he's come on and scored, are those tight games that his goals win, or are they games when it's already won and the opposition has folded?

When's the last time he had a key contribution to us winning or even been one of our better players?

Mate we are talking about the backup striker here. Why you so desperate to poke holes in what hes doing? His goal against Kilmarnock came at 1-0 up and clinched it for us though. But he doesnt pick and choose when he comes on anyway - so its an irrelevance surely?

Heres an extroplation of his per 90 numbers - at his current rate, if he played every 90 minutes of every league game;

44 league goals
13 assists

Obviously that wouldnt happen, but that his current contribution rate.

Surely we can at least agree, we have bigger problems than Morelos currently?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back