Best Players to play in our league who never played for Rangers or Celtic?

The big word is together. Pettigrew was lost without Graham. Pat Stanton Hibs was another. i wouldn't have picked McLeish, but Willie Miller was great. George Best the absolute top though, although he never did it in Scotland he was done by then.
Pat Stanton? Thought he played for the Tims.

Before my time but Joe Baker, Alan Hansen, Alan Gilzean, John White, Gordon Strachan and Dave Mackay must be up there.

In my life time it’s probably Franck Sauzee or Fabrizio Ravanelli although past their best when they did.

Billy Steel - Dundee. A world class player. Check out his history. George Young’s friend and Struth wanted him at Ibrox.
Alan Gilzean and Charlie Cooke - Dundee.
Narey, Sturrock, Milne - Utd
Mackay - Hearts
Smith - Hibs.

Temuri Ketsbaia another decent one.

Hearts had a Euros winner and a European cup winner in the same side as well.

Fyssas and Jankauskas.

Assuming this isn’t confined to post millennials, there are literally dozens - Alan Gilzean, Peter Marinello, Joe Jordan, Archie Gemmill, Alan Hansen, Steve Archibald, Gordon Strachan, Willie Miller, Alex McLeish, Maurice Malpas, Eamon Bannon, Paul Sturrock, John Robertson - just a few off the top of my head.

Assuming this isn’t confined to post millennials, there are literally dozens - Alan Gilzean, Peter Marinello, Joe Jordan, Archie Gemmill, Alan Hansen, Steve Archibald, Gordon Strachan, Willie Miller, Alex McLeish, Maurice Malpas, Eamon Bannon, Paul Sturrock, John Robertson - just a few off the top of my head.
Got me thinking Dundee Hibs there. Ralph Milne is another.

Ian Wallace and Kenny Burns (not Dundee Hibs obviously)!

Andy Ritchie

I always rated big Mark De Vris.
Thought Gary O Conner was a decent enough striker too before he messed his career up. Steven Fletcher is worth a mention too.. shame he is a puddle drinker.

Willie Hamilton who played for Hearts and Hibs among other clubs in the 60's. A very skilful and talented forward who unfortunately liked a drink, like many from that era.

Forgot about McGinn. Didn't think Robertson was a standout the time he was at Dundee United. But he's a rabid wank so wouldn't have mentioned him anyway!
They’re both rabids. And I don’t think the point of the thread was that they had to have been standouts in the league to qualify. Ravanelli has been mentioned a million times and he played 3 games :D

His free kick against Thistle is burned in my memory, and, if anything, the expression on Alan Rough's coupon is even more hangdog than his Zico one. When he was on, he was a joy to watch.
Was that the one where he ducked down behind the wall, Rough then stretched up to see what he was doing and while he did that, Ritchie nonchalantly put the ball in the other side of the goal

Was that the one where he ducked down behind the wall, Rough then stretched up to see what he was doing and while he did that, Ritchie nonchalantly put the ball in the other side of the goal

It's a very narrow angle and Rough sets a two-man wall to cover the near post while he heads for the far post. Ritchie curls it in at the near post and Rough ends up in no man's land looking like Droopy.

Here's the YT link --

Back