Best wishes to Christian eriksen

Thankfully these things are a rare occurrence but I honestly hope as long as I live I never see anything like that again, sitting watching what should have been an enjoyable football match, only to end up sitting praying to the big man above, close to tears that Erikksen pulls through this horrible episode.
Still numb now

That was horrible to watch, I was absolutely numb, thoughts and prayers go to Christian and his family and his recovery,

Very good news he's awake and testament to the medics on the scene. Hopefully no long lasting issues for him, or indeed his wife and team mates as it must have been traumatic for them.

I doubt the op was being petty RE The BBC,any network coverage should have been chopped as soon as they realised the seriousness of the situation.
I took no offence at the request to delete it mate and actually feel a bit ashamed I added it in, just the raw emotion of it and certainly didn't want to detract from the situation..he was right this isn't the time or place to discuss anything other than our best wishes for him and his family.

Shouldn’t matter at a human level—all lives are valuable—but seems particularly awful when it’s such a wonderful player. He’d have been near the top of the list of players I’d have brought to Ibrox if I struck diamonds in my garden and bought the club

Puts life in to a very realistic perspective I hope he fully recovers and gets to enjoy being a husband and a father for a very long time

Ignorance is sometimes better. The coverage was awful and made everyone I know anxious and feeling sick. Showing his wife was as low as it gets. Glad he is stable and delighted for his family that would’ve been a horrendous experience watching a loved one fighting for life being broadcasted all over the world. The BBC need cleansed they were commenting on it ffs.

As with many above the transmitted pictures were probably the most traumatic I have seen from the pitch at a football match.

CPR - defib then CPR again… it looked very bad and was upsetting to see.

Was strange that the coverage stayed with the scene as that was much worse than for example a bad leg break that they’d normally cut away from.

Some onus on BBC but as they were probably taking a live feed from the local broadcaster the scenes probably caught them as much by surprise as everyone else.

Great to hear he is now conscious and being looked after in hospital.

Get well soon CE.

Not what I was expecting to see today.

I think like most I was looking forward to 3 great games. I’ll watch the Russia Belgium game if it goes ahead but it’ll be weird watch.

Most disturbing images i have ever witnessed with my own eyes during a football match. BBC have a lot to answer for keeping the cameras rolling while the lad was fighting for his life.

Heartless basturds.
I think to be fair to them they were on a live feed . When I seen Alice Jones welling up and saying she text her mum i love you I felt the tears coming myself , I’m 47 and can’t text my mum as she’s not here anymore . I can honestly say in agreement with you it’s by far the worst thing I’ve seen on a football pitch and the fact he could pull through is a minor miracle .

Not what I was expecting to see today.

I think like most I was looking forward to 3 great games. I’ll watch the Russia Belgium game if it goes ahead but it’ll be weird watch.
There’s categorically no way that game will go ahead . I suspect the tournament may be suspended . Certainly Denmark and Finland players won’t be in any state to play any more games for a few days after what they’ve just seen

There’s categorically no way that game will go ahead . I suspect the tournament may be suspended . Certainly Denmark and Finland players won’t be in any state to play any more games for a few days after what they’ve just seen
Seen somebody say it’s going ahead

neither decision would surprise me.

Back