Better left backs in Britain than Borna Barisic?

I dont give two fuuks who are class, great or good players in England coz it's a non starter as they dont play for us so its not an issue.

Borna is doing a job for us at left back this season with young Bassey ably filling the same position if required.

A fuukin stupid argument over nowt again on here.

Its unbelievable the scum think Laxalt is a world class left back, I have seen him play 4 games and he hasn't put a single decent cross into the box yet and I'm not making that up.

Borna is miles and miles ahead of him.
I don’t think anyone is seriously saying he isn’t.

He isn't shite but is well overhyped

Tierney stands out for a mid table prem team and an embarrassingly bad Scottish national team, I fail to see how Barisic can be considered a worse player
I don’t really hear anyone often hyping KT up? Some fans on here seem to have a negative opinion of him regardless of what he does , he’s a good young player and will be a good signing for arsenal , they seem to think they’ve done good business and if he stays fit he will be in their team regularly for a long time. I think some are bitter about the money they got for him , but that’s the going rate for first team players now for teams down south. If Borna was 5 years younger I’d be looking for a similar fee.

If I’m being totally honest Robertson is better than him. Chillwell is probably about the same level. He is better than than the rest imo. In our team though I wouldn’t swap him for anyone.

Hard one as don’t really watch English foot much. Recon would do well down there . Certainly best in our league no brainier.

Our players are one game away collectively or individualy from being World class to the biggest flops in fitbaw.

Thats Follow Follow contributors for you though.
That's wannae the maist sensible hings ye've ever said oan here pelem, and withoot any slang anaw, ya cheeky monkey ye.

I don’t think I’ve seen a better left back than Borna playing their football on these shores this season. I genuinely wouldn’t swap him for Man Us, Arsenals, Chelsea’s and do City even currently have one? Possibly Robertson?

He has became an absolute class act imo.

He’s a perfect example of why players need patience when they sign for us!!

It will never catch-on here though hence the rush and wish to sell him asap a couple of years ago

There are players better than him defensively but going forward he is as good anyone at the moment

I don't think teams look at 28 as being old for a player any more unless their game is predicated on pace, which I don't think is the case for Barisic.
A team could rightly expect to get 5-7 years of top football out of him, which is more than enough to warrant a large transfer fee

He’s a shining example of a footballer. Really struggled in his first season here and was written off by many.

Did he moan about it? Did he let his head go down? Did he look for a move abroad or to a less demanding team?

No. He worked hard on the training ground and stayed focused. Where he was once looking like he’d be a bench warmer, he’s now a crucial first team player who at the moment we couldn’t sell for any amount of money.

And yes, he’s better than Tierney.

I hope to God we can hold onto Borna for another couple of seasons. Gerrard is building something special here and you can tell the players are absolutely buying into what hes doing.
I possibly think the prospect of Champions league football could help us hold onto him among others. Only the top 4 in England can offer that and IMO he isn’t going to go to them

An on form Borna Barisic gets a game for any side in Britain n my book. Does that make him better or worse than his contemporaries? Debatable. But most fair minded fans quickly realised when VVD settled at Southampton, that he was as good as any centre half down there and potentially better.

There’s no reason that the same logic couldn’t be applied to Borna.

10/10 in attack
7/10 in defence

A very good player.
I’d possibly give him an extra half point in defence mate. But using your logic, if he could turn a seven into an eight and a half, you are looking at a pretty much complete modern day attacking back.

We can improve him further. And more importantly, he has the desire and application to fulfill that potential.

Back