Betting - Your Go To 1st Goal Scorer

PhilippeTheFair

Appreciate this is a market not many may bet on on a regular basis but for those who do...

When it comes to our games I ceased betting on a 1st scorer for us months ago when Sima was injured. I've taken Tav anytime scorer and run him in a double with whatever other pen taker is playing at a similar time.

Sima was my Rangers go to guy, Dzeko and Icardi in Turkey have been good again this season as have Guirassy (Undav came in when he was injured and scored 1st's also) and Boniface in Germany. I also back them in play to a certain point.

In my lifetime there are 4 that stand out as high profit makers.

Cristiano Ronaldo was fantastic and no.1 all time until re-signing for Man Utd.

Bobby Zamora at Brighton was a belter when he/they used to play regular on a Friday night, though not just Friday's.

Kris Boyd was the best for us 1st time round.

Robert Earnshaw at Cardiff was another good profit maker.

I know it's probably only in the last 20 years near every game has been available to bet on, down to goal scorers, corners, pen awarded now etc. Used to be you could only get a goal scorer bet if the game was on TV.

Any recommendations for the remainder of this season, who are your regular 1st scorers?

Appreciate this is a market not many may bet on on a regular basis but for those who do...

When it comes to our games I ceased betting on a 1st scorer for us months ago when Sima was injured. I've taken Tav anytime scorer and run him in a double with whatever other pen taker is playing at a similar time.

Sima was my Rangers go to guy, Dzeko and Icardi in Turkey have been good again this season as have Guirassy (Undav came in when he was injured and scored 1st's also) and Boniface in Germany. I also back them in play to a certain point.

In my lifetime there are 4 that stand out as high profit makers.

Cristiano Ronaldo was fantastic and no.1 all time until re-signing for Man Utd.

Bobby Zamora at Brighton was a belter when he/they used to play regular on a Friday night, though not just Friday's.

Kris Boyd was the best for us 1st time round.

Robert Earnshaw at Cardiff was another good profit maker.

I know it's probably only in the last 20 years near every game has been available to bet on, down to goal scorers, corners, pen awarded now etc. Used to be you could only get a goal scorer bet if the game was on TV.

Any recommendations for the remainder of this season, who are your regular 1st scorers?
Done well this year with Szmodics at Blackburn. Had a couple of any time trebles up this season with him, Watkins and Saka

Had a great run years ago on Torres at Liverpool. Back when the bookies would pay double and treble the odds for a double or a hatrick.

Frank Lampard was another.

Get him only up in a lucky15 with 3 times the odds, you were getting minimum £21 back for a £15 stake.

John Terry won me a lot of me a lot of money over the years scoring from corners.

Closer to home, Tav is always good value for a first goalscorer

I'm bad for not doing this, go for the safer any time option. He's some return, seldom scores 2 a game so that's a lot of games scored in.

During Walter's 2nd spell I did really well from Miller, Naismith and Jelavic. Favourite one was a Naismith & Balotelli fgs double. Was about £240ish back for a fiver. It was the game City beat Utd 6-1 at Old Trafford and his Why Always Me tshirt. We kicked off earlier at Tynecastle, think we were a full half ahead of them. Going tonto in the Ali Bar in Duke St.

When Morelos scored 8 in his first 9 for us, I got him up every time. Weren’t always first goals, but next goals or whatever.

I don’t like FGS markets. Prefer doing player to score a header, or a bet builder with player anytime, corners, bookings etc - usually do Dessers or Sima for that.

I was putting Souttar on for a bit and was hungover on Sunday and forgot.

Done with betting haha.

Edit. It was an OG actually wasn’t it?

Kane for Spurs. Made a few bob over the years with SOT / FGS bets.

Then he became brilliant with his head and Skybet always boosted him to score a header last couple of years with Spurs at around 7 or 8/1. Think he scored 10 last season!

Raging he went to Bayern, odds are garbage now.

Palmer has won me a few quid with goals or SOT this year. Like Kane he is an unbelievable finisher and rarely misses the target.

Had a spell where I did Rio Ferdinand 1st/last goal scorer….remember him being 50/1 when Utd beat Liverpool 1 nil and Rio scoring near the end of the game….weeks later he was standing in the 6 yard box for England to score the last at 33/1…made a right few off him that month

I remember when Boyd first signed he was 5/1 some games. That never lasted long.

Messi and Ronaldo at their pomp were 17/10 some games which is nuts.

So true, this was for home games as well. I had 6's with him twice away to dross in the League.

The latter 2 were the 1st responsible to see less than 3/1 happen. Can't remember anyone before them in this scenario.

I never bet first goal scorer but usually do to score anytime and score or assist. Tav rarely lets me down

Still on a downer from Sunday and didn’t bet or watch football last night. Fancied Cole Palmer to score . Woke up and thought don’t care what the Chelsea score was as long as Palmer didn’t score.

It’s been a sh!te few days.

Back