Big Borna

Man of the match for me today. Done everything well and very unlucky not to score.

Some amount of people on here recently saying the backed him all the way from the start:) Would love to have the time to go back over all the old threads to see who is telling wee white lies:eek::p

And I did back him from day one, always knew he’d come good. ;)

He was tremendous today absolutely transformed as a player.

Few make as an indifferent start as he has and then get to this level-makes a massive difference to the team.

He’s an example to any player going through a bad spell. If you have already proved to be a good player believe in yourself and work through the problem. It helps of course to have a management/coaching team who see the true player.

Reactions: 8-1
He's lost that bit of shitebaggery he had, looks fully fit and committed to putting it on the line.
Some turnaround and he can only get get better.

Quality left backs are always in demand. I can see someone testing our resolve in the summmer. Tierney £25m.....Borna?.?? Get yer wallet out!

He’s an example to any player going through a bad spell. If you have already proved to be a good player believe in yourself and work through the problem. It helps of course to have a management/coaching team who see the true player.
I had backed him all last season but wavered at the very start of this season. Really glad he’s come through as you knew he was a quality player and would be massive for us if he captured the form he had at Osijek.

However you mention the management team, I think they would have gladly taken £1.5-2M for him in August, fairly sure they were just about done with him too.

As has been said before with Hately and fernando, sometimes players can look absolutely dire before coming good so let’s not judge too quickly going forward.

He's fast becoming a model of consistency. I still think that there's more to come from him.

Keep it up Borna!

Borna didn't put a foot wrong, growing in stature and IMO is the better of the fullbacks just now. Would be great to see a few goals from him in open play.

A fucking superb left back.
Could play for any club in Britain on current club and International form.
We are very lucky to have him

Wasn’t Borna one of the ones involved in that infamous bounce game that had Gerrard fuming? I’m sure he was the only one who went and apologised to the gaffer, so it was clear that he wanted to put things right and make it work here. It’s still an incredible turn around, he clearly had the technical ability (to me anyway) but it was just a question of sorting his head and getting that belief in himself.

Now he’s fighting his own team mates to get on the ball and try and get goals.

Last edited:
The problem with all this outstanding form at this time of year is Premier League cubs coming in for him! Especially given he's 1st choice Croatia left back as well.
I’m hoping that since he took so long to settle at rangers, then he’s not the type of person that would want to up sticks and do it again so soon.........but of course the lure of the money and a big team could change his mind

I had backed him all last season but wavered at the very start of this season. Really glad he’s come through as you knew he was a quality player and would be massive for us if he captured the form he had at Osijek.

However you mention the management team, I think they would have gladly taken £1.5-2M for him in August, fairly sure they were just about done with him too.

As has been said before with Hately and fernando, sometimes players can look absolutely dire before coming good so let’s not judge too quickly going forward.
I’m the same HB. I backed him for the whole of last season and was done around the time of Progrès away but gave him another shot then after killie game I was done with him but delighted for him as I’ve really been wanting him to shows his class for us (as all of us have).

I was concerned that it may never happen for him in Scotland. I don't think too many people doubted that he was a class act, but would he be able to reach the heights that he had shown against us while playing for Osijek. Heavy jersey, hammer throwers etc., well I think that he is not only back to those heights, I still there is still more to come. One of the beauties of the Gerrard management, is that we now have players who can be sold for a decent sum. In the recent past (even the end of last season), we probably had Tav and Alfie. Now, add Borna, Goldson, Helander, Kamara, Jack, Aribo and Kent. (Not advocating that we are looking to cash in on any of them, but nice to know that if we have to get the income statement sorted, we now have a lot of players who would wipe out our loss, in one quick sale.)

Back