Big Duncan anyone?

When SG was under the cosh everyone and their dug was on here calling for the manager to be backed even after 1 trophy in 4 seasons.

GVB has had 4 months and we are posting theoretical "whose next" posts. For the love of the wee man :rolleyes:

When SG was under the cosh everyone and their dug was on here calling for the manager to be backed even after 1 trophy in 4 seasons.

GVB has had 4 months and we are posting theoretical "whose next" posts. For the love of the wee man :rolleyes:
Some people hold an odd, parasocial connection with Gerrard which is even more confusing when you remember that we looked shit and bereft of ideas before he buggered off at the first chance he had. That horsing Hibs gave us at Hampden was going to happen anyway, we just happened to have McCallum standing there instead of an actual manager.

I think GVB and Vos should be given this summer to see if they have some decent young Dutch talent lined up,
However, if patience runs out beforehand then what about big Dunc?
In the games he was in charge at Everton statistically he won more points than Lampard and Benitez.
He knows all about our club and the mentality that is required to be a winner up here.
If he would consider it, he might well be a revelation.
He deserves a number one job at the top club and that might as well be us.
Any player wearing our jersey under big Dunc would know exactly what was expected of them.
I would also love to see him confronting some of the lily livered refs in charge up here!!
He could turn out to be Walteresque. He has spent a lot of time as a number two and would easily slip into the top job in my view.

Ffs...big dunc would be straight up to league offices to stick heid on donkey doncaster at first offence!

I think GVB and Vos should be given this summer to see if they have some decent young Dutch talent lined up,
However, if patience runs out beforehand then what about big Dunc?
In the games he was in charge at Everton statistically he won more points than Lampard and Benitez.
He knows all about our club and the mentality that is required to be a winner up here.
If he would consider it, he might well be a revelation.
He deserves a number one job at the top club and that might as well be us.
Any player wearing our jersey under big Dunc would know exactly what was expected of them.
I would also love to see him confronting some of the lily livered refs in charge up here!!
He could turn out to be Walteresque. He has spent a lot of time as a number two and would easily slip into the top job in my view.

Jesus f.ucking Christ. Can someone in Lanarkshire confirm if the escape siren at Carstairs is sounding?
This thread gotta be a joke, right? We'd be better with Big Swinging 'Dick' Campbell. I despair at our support sometimes.

Did OP get hit in the head with one of the bottles our moronic idiot fan was throwing?

Just no. Madness.

For me Gio gets next season if he wins the Scottish cup. If he doesn’t then questions rightly will be asked.

If it goes wrong I’d take knutsen, Beale or my curveball is mourinho who may fancy the job and would add steel and gravitas something we badly need.
The problem with this post , is the managers you mention would need time , time you’re apparently not willing to give !

I like Dunc, but how many currently in dressing room will have heard of him, or would respect him?
Not going to happen in 100 years.

He's a big favourite - an absolute hero - among Evertonians.

Can someone explain why he has been consistently overlooked by the Everton board, who continue to make one disastrous managerial selection after another? Serious question.
Could be totally wrong, but I think they (as does he) know that he’s a pretty good link man between the players and manager - having been there so long both parties probably feel he’s better in that role than a manager.

We must be the only support in the world that is as obsessed with having an ex player as manager

Living the use of big Duncs managerial stats as an argument. He's managed about 6 games FFS.

This thread has produced though. Jose? Billy phucking Davies!! Hahahaha, loonballs

Apart from the fact he isn’t the correct person to achieve and implement what is required.

And if you think he’s coming back to this shithole that hounded and destroyed the lad, you’re off your head. Especially in the current climate where we are third class citizens in this fen Ian land- forget it

Back