Big Joe Aribo

Davester

Seen today he wasn't playing, on the bench, or listed as injured for Southampton for their match today.
Not a I have a large collection of butt-plugs post, but a shame that he has vanished while down in the EPL.

Sadly another perfect example of "the grass is always greener"
How many times have you heard of ex-players that left us saying that they didn't fully realise what they had here until they were gone?
I wish the big guy all the very best in his future career but he really could have been a Legend at Rangers if he wasn't dazzled by the money on offer in the EPL.

How many times have you heard of ex-players that left us saying that they didn't fully realise what they had here until they were gone?
I wish the big guy all the very best in his future career but he really could have been a Legend at Rangers if he wasn't dazzled by the money on offer in the EPL.

Always going to be down from a EL final. Feel he jumped at the first club, though that may have been the club.

Sad to see that hes not getting game time.

The thing is as a ball carrier who will get you up the pitch he should be ideal for Southampton. Sure they won't have a lot of the ball at times but he should be great as somebody who can quickly turn defence into attack.

Mind you he wasn't too clever for us the last few months so it's probably been a great deal for us to offload him although it didn't seem so at the time.

A player that constantly needs to be getting the ball to occasionally make something happen went to a team that doesn’t keep the ball/play good football.

We have better now

Will honestly never forget the look on my son's face, when he scored. Wee man said "dad, we're going to win this". :(

I turned to the guy behind me, reached up and grabbed him by the face. I turned back round and started slapping the plastic seat in front of me, couldn't breathe looking down on the players running to our corner thinking this is in the stars. I've never not known how to celebrate a goal before but it just felt like I didn't quite know what to do this time.

5 mins later I turned to the guy next to me and said I honestly wish I didn't like football for the next half hour. Then they scored.

What a crazy crazy night.

He’d be too expensive and I’d imagine his wages have increased beyond our means but, if we could get him back, I wouldn’t think twice.

Put yourself in his shoes.
An Englishman with no love or knowledge of Rangers till receives an offer to come to Scotland at end of contract from glamorous Charlton.
Bite your hand off material.
Does very well for Rangers and scores a goal in Europe Final nearing end of contract.

Decides to swap this monotonous 12 team league with plastic pitches for the glamour of EPL at more than double the wages he is on at Ibrox with an aim of securing his future financially for himself and family and be closer to home.
Or stay and try and become an Ibrox legend.

Regrets I doubt it tbh.

No harm to big Joe as I’d have him back in a heartbeat and doubtless that he’s getting weighed in financially, but imagine leaving Rangers to go to Southampton.

He probably had faith and confidence in his abilities to deliver in that league
Huge wage increase not playing teams 4 times a season no plastic pitches and out the goldfish bowl of Glasgow and the gutter press

It might still work out for the lad for our sake I hope it does or we will get only 6m for him

Offered the chance to more than double his earnings, move back an hour away from where he grew up and, perhaps crucial of all, get out of Scottish football.

Not sure if anyone else in that situation would chose differently!

Seen today he wasn't playing, on the bench, or listed as injured for Southampton for their match today.
Not a I have a large collection of butt-plugs post, but a shame that he has vanished while down in the EPL.

generational wealth after his contract is done there will be worth it.

Back