Big Jon McLaughlin

Unless we have a good amount of cash to play with in Summer, I don't see the need for us to bring in another keeper. Mclaughlin and McCrorie should keep us covered if we have luxury to spend on a GK then we should do but honestly do we need that guy from Schalke or Siegrist?

Should have been in the team months ago and shouldn't come out it now
Agreed
McGregor, great shot stopper but terrible for helping defenders at corners / set pieces by not coming to collect / clear balls that most other keepers will.
McGregor also very poor with distribution / passing with feet, puts defenders under pressure far too much

Should be a change of Number one for the remaining games / taking us into next season,

Under pressure from set pieces, out catching them, single punches followed by double punches to relieve the pressure.

I’ve wanted him in for ages, and felt there was some pressure on him today to justify his selection - he stood up, without actually having to make any saves.
I wanted him in after Ross County,I'd still have him in for the rest of the season.

Must have been a huge relief for Goldson and co not having a keeper glued to his line and just coming out and easily collecting crosses and corners that they knew with McGregor they'd need to be heading over their own bar for another corner, if facing goal.

Their entire gameplan yesterday was built around the weaknesses of McGregor. Same as the Ibrox Old Firm game.

Putting balls on top of the keeper, a high press on the goalkeeper, whipping corners into the six yard box etc.

Different keeper in goal that could come and collect the ball as well as distribute the ball and they were completely ineffective.

Under pressure from set pieces, out catching them, single punches followed by double punches to relieve the pressure.

I’ve wanted him in for ages, and felt there was some pressure on him today to justify his selection - he stood up, without actually having to make any saves.

McGregor should be dropped.
Coming for cross balls is one of the basics
He just doesn't do it. He's cost us dearly this season.
Been a great servant but his time is up

Back