Big Wes vastly underrated

I would agree that he's got to be worth at least 5 -6 m.

But honestly I would rather keep him he's still young for a goalie and will only get better.

World class might be pushing it.

Another player we should be offering a big, long term contract to.

Gotta say, warburton did find a few half decent players.

We have to accept we’ve been spoiled in the goalkeeper department since 1986 and I think a few fans have unrealistic expectations of Wes as a result.

I’ve said before on here; with our current budget, I think we’d struggle to find a better keeper. Maybe young Kelly or McCrorie will develop and pass him, but for the next year or two at least, we should be hanging onto Foderingham unless we get a sensation offer.

It was only last week we had some of the usual cranks on here suggesting we punt him for £3 mil and re-sign a 35 year old McGregor.

I said at least £5m. The reason is because he plays in Scotland and reputation of the spfl is dogs compared to rich England.

Been saying this for ages. Don’t know what some of our fans are watching when they don’t rate him

We have to accept we’ve been spoiled in the goalkeeper department since 1986 and I think a few fans have unrealistic expectations of Wes as a result.

I’ve said before on here; with our current budget, I think we’d struggle to find a better keeper. Maybe young Kelly or McCrorie will develop and pass him, but for the next year or two at least, we should be hanging onto Foderingham unless we get a sensation offer.

Most sensible goalkeeper post I’ve ever seen on FF.

I agree 95% because Steve Simmonson and Luee Robinson did not spoil us. Other than that, though, bang on.

Outfield players always underestimate the job a keeper can and cannot do, fans are no different.
Wes is by far the best keeper playing in Scotland for years.

I've defended him on here numerous times, but he gets the blame for other player mistakes.

In today's market he could be worth as much as £10m. He's young, English and physically just about perfect for a keeper. The EPL will come sniffing after tonight; nothing surer.

The top 4 in England could take a punt for £10m and not blink an eye.

How does a players value go up anyway I know for a striker it would be more goals but what else would be a factor clean sheets for a keeper? Player of the month/year awards?

I'm one who really,really under rates him,but tonight I thought he was teriffic.
If he could get his ball distribution sorted out,he'd be really good,I thinko_O

I'm one who really,really under rates him,but tonight I thought he was teriffic.
If he could get his ball distribution sorted out,he'd be really good,I thinko_O
He's the best in the league at that as well, that will be one of his good selling points.
If we ever decide to cash in.
Playing out from the keeper in tight positions is what all top teams use.

When Fwather Forthter was making saves of a similar style the scottish media were fawning over how he was one of the best in Britain worth millions and how he was pulling off wondersaves

I've yet to even read one of them saying he's the best keeper in the league which he is by a mile

Cat has got their tongues now !

Wonder why .....

Rated him highly since he first arrived. He's had bad patches and mistakes here and there but the amount of games he has won or saved us points is unreal

Him and Morelos will end up the two most valuable assets in the Scottish game, and we will recieve big money for them both.

He is one of a number of players that are now growing into proper Rangers quality players, added to some very good signings we have made and we look like really kicking on now

He is definitely a high end English Premier goalkeeper based on his form. Tonight he was simply sensational!

He's a great shot stopper. What I don't get is why people go on about how great he is with the ball at his feet - for me that's the weakest part of his whole game. Tonight he almost made an arse of it twice in quick successsion near the start when he passed to defenders who were quickly under pressure when he'd have been better just hoofing it up the park - crowd weren't happy and that kind of thing can escalate if the game isn't going well.
So yes, great keeper - but, for me, just blooter the ball up the park!

My MOM--not only for his saves but distribution and calmness with dodgy passbacks was outstanding. Need him on a long term contract asap

An excellent shot stopper who should only get better, hopefully on all aspects of his game.

Maybe it is only me who bricks it when he starts to play football? Short tight passing around our box and playing balls out to defenders even when are getting closed down :eek::)

My MOM--not only for his saves but distribution and calmness with dodgy passbacks was outstanding. Need him on a long term contract asap

Totally agree teams in this day are looking for a GK that's good with his feet. Russell Martin fired one back at him chest height and he dealt with it so calm on the ball.

Was a little bit shaky in his first 2/3 games and people don’t seem to have it in them to get over that.

He’s the best goalie in the league. He’s so comfortably the best goalie in the league that it’s not even fair on the others.

Foderingham was outstanding tonight and is usually excellent. One bad game and he gets dogs abuse. Another clean sheet as well

He was incredible tonight, kept us scoreless, kept us in the lead, kept the sheep from getting back into the game.

He was excellent tonight. Goalies get crucified for mistakes as they’re usually costly, but Wes has definitely saved more points than he’s cost us. Great performance.

Would like to hear from some of my fellow FFers who constantly go on about goals to shots ratio and that he is a poor shot stopper.

He is underrated by a few zoomers. They don’t post when he’s good, but are all over the forum with a mistake. They’ll not respond tonight :D

Goalkeeper is the position we should really not be needing to look at for decades

Wes is exceptional - if we sell one day it will be for a big fee
Alnwick is an able deputy
Kelly may someday be the successor to Wes

then we have McCrorie, Adams and Wright next in line

potentially a goalie "dynasty" lined up

Watching the highlights again I wouldn't call his saves world class. Had he let any of them in I'd have been a bit disappointed.

The big man is a good keeper though. He could maybe be faulted for the number of efforts from distance that get last him but otherwise he is a safe pair of gloves.

Back