Blatant lies about Rangers. Should we take action?

Only a certain type watch AlJazeera. Not folk who would have a soft spot for us in the first place.
And I doubt we'd be inclined to pish on their loyal viewership if they were on fire in any case.

All in all we read these things constantly. With the administrators taking the justice system to court with potential 100m pay outs. Surely the way our club has been treated throughout needs action too in regards to compensation. There must be 100s of libel, defamation and slander suits we have never pursued.

People don't realise this. We see right through their boak inducing, virtue signalling, ambulance chasing, everyone loves us pish. But it works, especially in mentally challenged countries in Europe. I travelled round and lived in Eastern Europe for 2 years and the amount of foreign plastic paddies I met that had a love in with the IRA and Celtic was shocking. I expected the filth to be well liked in Italy or Croatia but I'm talking about from the baltics down to Greece, there is this romanticised false story about Ireland which is basically a terrorist nation and the scum.
Excellent post. You are right.

(First 15 mins relevant to us)

This documentary about Celtic and Rangers aired on Al Jazeera last night and was more or less a mentally challenged propaganda piece (has to be seen to be believed). This isn't fake outrage or blue tinted specs it's just facts if you watch it. That's not the issue. It's what they say about us not them.

Various slurs were made against Rangers fans basically summing us up as sectarian bigots. The stuff about protestants in Belfast in particular was a disgrace. This isn't something to get angry about on here and just forget about, this is something seriously damaging to our reputation given Al Jazeera's audience. I'm no lawyer but I wonder if action could be be taken against the new channel for slander.

EDIT: As well as lies and a particular slant which you might expect them to get away with some of it was downright sectarian/racist whatever you want to call it. They explicitly called NI Catholics "progressive, internationalist, outgoing" while protestants are supposedly "inward looking" with a "siege mentality".

Al Jazeera, the hate everyone who ain't Islam.

Them ye mean.

Pretty much any documentary is Celtic good Rangers Bad.

If only a documentary was even minded and didnt just follow worn out cliches and lies.

The people they speak to in this seem like weirdos and the fact that John Fallon is their go to Celtic player says alot about the quality of this shite.

People don't realise this. We see right through their boak inducing, virtue signalling, ambulance chasing, everyone loves us pish. But it works, especially in mentally challenged countries in Europe. I travelled round and lived in Eastern Europe for 2 years and the amount of foreign plastic paddies I met that had a love in with the IRA and Celtic was shocking. I expected the filth to be well liked in Italy or Croatia but I'm talking about from the baltics down to Greece, there is this romanticised false story about Ireland which is basically a terrorist nation and the scum.

I came across the same shit in Oz. The ACT Govt had a football team called Canberra Celtic. Full green and grey hoops.

I was asked to play a friendly game between Aussies and a Rest of the World team. I agreed provided I didnt need to wear the green and grey. Turned up for the game with family and friends in attendance.

Players from both teams out on the park warming up with our lot in the g and g. I refused to play so our team changed into a Scotland dark blue. All the players had to change on the park.

The funny thing is I cant play to save myself. They'd have been better playing without me.

I can understand why this triggers us but who really cares or is surprised by an a piece done by one of them. Wheeling out the bheast who got spat at and promoting the Albian guy as a figurehead, ffs - who among us take that seriously, nevermind the wee kids sing song or all the other pish! If anyone who watches this and knew nothing about them beforehand and now choose to follow them, have at it, we don't want or need them. All it did for me was reinforce the scale of the disease we are fighting and it is always better to know your enemy. That said, Jamie Doran is a new name I won't be forgetting - ex BBC no less.

I agree, and what are we doing about it? Up the 'RA, fuk the Brits with no Jonny foreigner kunt having a clue what they are saying. They play the vhictim card and the champion of the oppressed and who among them can't relate to that, true or otherwise? Appointing SG elevated our profile and focused on the football and not any other sideshow. I think our club need to keep pulling these kind of rabbits out the hat to combat the narrative they are happy to have peddled for them. Performing on the European stage with a world renowned leader will only dilute their shite and make us the flavour of the month to the uninitiated = groundswell of public perception moving with our heritage not theirs. As bears we know the truth and who are trying to destroy us, Joe public is all about branding and does not deflect from what we hold dear.

Wasn't the behaviour of the Beggars in Sarajevo, where the President of Albania claims to have fallen in love with them, up to its usual standards of public drunkenness, anti-social behaviour, public support for proscribed terrorist organisations and general boorishness?

Anyway, he and all the rest of the deluded are welcome to their new found friends, they're not people we would want to be associated with.

And as for the Thai Tims, that has to be one of the creepiest exploitations of vulnerable children that has been the world's misfortune to see.

It is not the number of friends they claim to have that counts, they can have the entire world for all I care.

We know who our people are, steadfast and indomitable, they'll do for me.

Oops my mistake, was it not horribly repressed though, with a more strident Communist regime than similar countries in the region?
I believe it was. As I recall, it was ruled by a dictator called Enver Hoxha and was almost cut off from the rest of the World. I think he died in the mid eighties and had been in peer for over forty years until then.

Boak inducing mentally challenged love fest (and that’s was just the first 30 seconds I could stomach).

Back