Bobby Park/Lyndsey Glenn latest CD

This is the way forward. This is how Liverpool fans feel about thier club. This is also a way they get so many new songs out there. This guy, Jamie Webster does these Boss nights regularly. The atmosphere is excellent. We should be doing the same thing. There are always sash bashes for.those into that. Get some Rangers fan musicians and get something like this going, Fanzone on matchday could kick it off.

Good post, I've nothing against the bands, but I honestly think the time for them at football stuff, whether that be on the park pre match or whatever has come and gone.

The younger generations of fans to folk in the 30s/40s are seeing this change with them choosing what they want to hear etc, We have to listen

This is the way forward. This is how Liverpool fans feel about thier club. This is also a way they get so many new songs out there. This guy, Jamie Webster does these Boss nights regularly. The atmosphere is excellent. We should be doing the same thing. There are always sash bashes for.those into that. Get some Rangers fan musicians and get something like this going, Fanzone on matchday could kick it off.

Actually came on to post about the Liverpool Boss nights, they look class!

Personally I love the flute bands but agree that it's not everyones thing, was watching the videos of the county FB playing on sat and must admit that a lot of the crowd looked bored.

Personally I love the flute bands but agree that it's not everyones thing, was watching the videos of the county FB playing on sat and must admit that a lot of the crowd looked bored.

Just honestly think times are changing in terms of fan experience and demand at these types of night.

Just honestly think times are changing in terms of fan experience and demand at these types of night.

I do see your point mate.

I have played in flute bands and our best nights always came when it was a band related function like after the big walk or a bands culture day.

When you play at a football related event you can tell half the crowd there can't be arsed at times, just my opinion ofcourse.

Reactions: WBD
She certainly has a great voice in this song. Never heard her before. It would be interesting to see what kind of interest there is for a 'Boss' type night. Looking at the numbers who turned up for H&H maybe a combined effort would attract good numbers

She certainly has a great voice in this song. Never heard her before. It would be interesting to see what kind of interest there is for a 'Boss' type night. Looking at the numbers who turned up for H&H maybe a combined effort would attract good numbers

Finding a suitable venue for a night like that could be an issue mate.

If you've ever heard any of the Bluenotes CD's, then you have heard her before.

Finding a suitable venue for a night like that could be an issue mate.
Not jenned up on venues to be fair. But it wouldn't have to be so big at the start, filling any venue would be a start. I already know of one musician who may be willing to help out if the circumstances are right.

The venue used on saturday in Blackpoool would have been ideal for something like that.

I think you'd see big numbers attend something like that, without the band stuff attached tbh. It's something I'd attend and plenty of mates I know would also.

The venue used on saturday in Blackpoool would have been ideal for something like that.

I think you'd see big numbers attend something like that, without the band stuff attached tbh. It's something I'd attend and plenty of mates I know would also.

It was a massive success for the end of season party in Blackpool last year, think there were 3,000 in the ice rink. The Wolfe Tones have been playing at The Barrowlands since what, the 90's? Surely to %^*& we've got fans who could organise something.

It was a massive success for the end of season party in Blackpool last year, think there were 3,000 in the ice rink. The Wolfe Tones have been playing at The Barrowlands since what, the 90's? Surely to %^*& we've got fans who could organise something.
They are playing rebel songs I would assume. Would we have enough people wanting to go for Rangers only songs as opposed to the loyalist? Also it would have to be a modern approach as the younger team would be the main target audience.

They are playing rebel songs I would assume. Would we have enough people wanting to go for Rangers only songs as opposed to the loyalist? Also it would have to be a modern approach as the younger team would be the main target audience.

I'm sure we would fill a hall easy, especially if they can do it on the other side of the city and have been doing it for years. If they can play rebel songs in the Barrowlands and they put The Wolfe Tones in their Hall of Fame (yes, you read that right) then we can play Loyalist songs as well. You would also imagine there would need to be a good number of performers, be it solo or a band, and lasts a while to make it worth the money for a ticket.

I'm sure we would fill a hall easy, especially if they can do it on the other side of the city and have been doing it for years. If they can play rebel songs in the Barrowlands and they put The Wolfe Tones in their Hall of Fame (yes, you read that right) then we can play Loyalist songs as well. You would also imagine there would need to be a good number of performers, be it solo or a band, and lasts a while to make it worth the money for a ticket.

The point being it would be A Rangers fan event. Rangers songs, celebrating the club.

Not having flute bands etc. There's a move away from that clearly evidenced in those Blackpool doo videos. Fans up singing and dancing to the Rangers songs, but totally non plussed by a band etc.

As I stated earlier, there are plenty plenty opportunities for people who want to celebrate loyalism, but for some of us, we have no interest in it (I'm my case, no longer interested in it)

I don't know the full details of the Liverpool Boss nights, how long they last, how big or small the venues are, how much it costs. I only see one performer that is Jamie Webster. I assume the arrange them before and after games, there is a view videos of their trip to Munich.

As I stated earlier, there are plenty plenty opportunities for people who want to celebrate loyalism, but for some of us, we have no interest in it (I'm my case, no longer interested in it)

I don't know the full details of the Liverpool Boss nights, how long they last, how big or small the venues are, how much it costs. I only see one performer that is Jamie Webster. I assume the arrange them before and after games, there is a view videos of their trip to Munich.

https://twitter.com/abossnight?lang=en

If you look back on their twitter timeline they had a sold out event in Dublin with 3 performers which ran from 6,30 to 10.30 at a cost of 20 euro a ticket.
Also an event coming up in Belfast at the end of this week (also sold out) at £20 per ticket in the Empire which holds hundreds. It is from 7 to 11.

2ptxxjd.jpg

Sorry to burst your bubble but the young team love the loyalist tunes.

Yeah, this is a major factor in having these types of events as there are more Rangers fans aged 18-30 I'd say that know more Loyalist songs with a million views on Youtube compared to Rangers songs than that that were sung in the 50's and 60's that can be found on Youtube with 200 views.

Basically what I'm saying is we as a support either don't have fans who want to create modern songs about the club or don't want to sing old songs about the club and so we seem to be stuck in a lull from the 70's-90's where the same songs have been played, nothing has changed.

Sorry to burst your bubble but the young team love the loyalist tunes.

You are not bursting my bubble, I'm not saying the young team don't enjoy loyalist tunes. I'm suggesting (in my opinion) the young team are more likely to go to an event like this (bouncing about) and are the future of the club.

Yeah, this is a major factor in having these types of events as there are more Rangers fans aged 18-30 I'd say that know more Loyalist songs with a million views on Youtube compared to Rangers songs than that that were sung in the 50's and 60's that can be found on Youtube with 200 views.

Basically what I'm saying is we as a support either don't have fans who want to create modern songs about the club or don't want to sing old songs about the club and so we seem to be stuck in a lull from the 70's-90's where the same songs have been played, nothing has changed.
Nail on the head.

I think the thing about the boss nights, and I stress I think... They play popular songs and add wee Liverpool twists to them..

And not afraid to sing any songs sung by rivals bands...

Last edited:
The point being it would be A Rangers fan event. Rangers songs, celebrating the club.

Not having flute bands etc. There's a move away from that clearly evidenced in those Blackpool doo videos. Fans up singing and dancing to the Rangers songs, but totally non plussed by a band etc.

More fans were up giving it Laldy to fathers advice the last time I was down at the End of season than in that video though.

The vast majority would turn up to what you are on about if Loyalist was included, whereas the vast majority would swerve it without the link.

That is the problem anyone is going to have by trying to detach the Loyalist element of songs, that they will either get sung anyway at the event , or the majority will swerve it.

More fans were up giving it Laldy to fathers advice the last time I was down at the End of season than in that video though.

The vast majority would turn up to what you are on about if Loyalist was included, whereas the vast majority would swerve it without the link.

That is the problem anyone is going to have by trying to detach the Loyalist element of songs, that they will either get sung anyway at the event , or the majority will swerve it.
It would be interesting to know how many would not be interested in a Rangers night if loyalist songs were not included. My guess is a vast majority, would love to be proved wrong.

Anyone who thinks guys with guitars or groups playing Rangers songs only a la liverpool boss nights would have shifted even a quarter of the tickets that the bands and loyalist singers did in Blackpool on Saturday night is kidding themselves on. The Pleasure Beach alone had three separate areas sold out.

Don’t let one video of Lyndsay singing every Saturday we follow make the argument. Both her and the County were superb.

We don’t have enough of these ‘new age’ songs either for one of these nights.

People go for a ‘blue night’. Both Rangers and loyalist tunes

It would be interesting to know how many would not be interested in a Rangers night if loyalist songs were not included. My guess is a vast majority, would love to be proved wrong.

I am pretty certain the vast majority wouldn't be interested tbh.

On a side note People seem to confuse the lack of perceived excitement at the Flute bands with not wanting or enjoying them, these nights normally it is a bit of respect to sit and watch the band play.

Personally getting a bit old for the flute bands myself, seen hundreds over the years, and its too loud indoors for me now :D But ill never give up the loyalist tunes ;)

The fact is , even if people don't like it, the very mast majority of the Rangers fan base and especially the ones who congregate in large numbers are very fond of both Loyalist music and culture and Flute Bands.

“Move away” absolutely not true mate. From someone who was in Blackpool all weekend. Gallant Pioneer, Pleasure Beach

Anyone who thinks guys with guitars or groups playing Rangers songs only a la liverpool boss nights would have shifted even a quarter of the tickets that the bands and loyalist singers did in Blackpool on Saturday night is kidding themselves on. The Pleasure Beach alone had three separate areas sold out.

Don’t let one video of Lyndsay singing every Saturday we follow make the argument. Both her and the County were superb.

We don’t have enough of these ‘new age’ songs either for one of these nights.

People go for a ‘blue night’. Not good Rangers and loyalist tunes
I don't think anyone is really suggesting there is massive demand. I stated earlier in the thread it would need to be a small venue, I'm sure The Boss started out in small venues until the popularity grew and more people wanted to sample it. I am also sure the songs multiplied as the shows went on.

I am pretty certain the vast majority wouldn't be interested tbh.

On a side note People seem to confuse the lack of perceived excitement at the Flute bands with not wanting or enjoying them, these nights normally it is a bit of respect to sit and watch the band play.

Personally getting a bit old for the flute bands myself, seen hundreds over the years, and its too loud indoors for me now :D But ill never give up the loyalist tunes ;)

The fact is , even if people don't like it, the very mast majority of the Rangers fan base and especially the ones who congregate in large numbers are very fond of both Loyalist music and culture and Flute Bands.
Again I tend to agree. Although it's pretty sad that there is the situation that Rangers fans wouldn't be interested in going to a night where you could only sing Rangers songs, pretty bizarre to be honest. You only need look at the enthusiasm these Liverpool fans have for the songs about their club, does that mean they care more? No, but it's pretty fucked up!

I don't think anyone is really suggesting there is massive demand. I stated earlier in the thread it would need to be a small venue, I'm sure The Boss started out in small venues until the popularity grew and more people wanted to sample it. I am also sure the songs multiplied as the shows went on.

I’d be interested in a night like that’s but my post was more to the folk earlier in the thread saying the bands got little or no reaction and there seems to be shift in our support away from bands or loyalist tunes after watching clips on social media. Absolutely not the case.

I’d be interested in a night like that’s but my post was more to the folk earlier in the thread saying the bands got little or no reaction and there seems to be shift in our support away from bands or loyalist tunes after watching clips on social media. Absolutely not the case.
I have to say, I no longer go to these events, but I was rather shocked to have read the suggestion that it was waining o_O I was hoping it was true.

just a wee heads up for anyone interested, tonight on lfc tv at 10,15 jamie webster and allison becker sing a few songs together

Again I tend to agree. Although it's pretty sad that there is the situation that Rangers fans wouldn't be interested in going to a night where you could only sing Rangers songs, pretty bizarre to be honest. You only need look at the enthusiasm these Liverpool fans have for the songs about their club, does that mean they care more? No, but it's pretty fucked up!

Don’t really agree tbh, it’s part of our identity and heritage and I’m proud of that.

Don’t really agree tbh, it’s part of our identity and heritage and I’m proud of that.
By part of our heritage, do you mean.. %^*& Bobby Sands he's deed, the men behind the wire, UDR4, the IRA were blown away....

Or are you referring to The Sash, Derrys walls'?

When you say Rangers only songs, which ones do you mean?

I’d be surprised if there’s enough Rangers only songs to fill of live entertainment.

By part of our heritage, do you mean.. %^*& Bobby Sands he's deed, the men behind the wire, UDR4, the IRA were blown away....

Or are you referring to The Sash, Derrys walls'?

The sash, Derry’s Walls, Here lies a soldier Rule Brittania plenty more my old man before me would sing

I have no problem with Fathers Advice, men behind the wire etc though.

I certainly won’t apologise for any of them.

Me and my old man had this discussion the new age song stuff just wouldn’t work with us , weather people want to admit it or not the loyalist and band scene is part of our heritage and has a massive draw to it even with the youngsters of today I’ve been to many bashes over the years and I find the crowds are falling into the 18-30 bracket.

It will never change imo.

When you say Rangers only songs, which ones do you mean?

I’d be surprised if there’s enough Rangers only songs to fill of live entertainment.
Top.of my head.....

Every Saturday we follow
Every other Saturday
The blue sea of Ibrox
Follow Follow
Paisley Road West (selfish :D )
Who's that team
Famous Glasgow Rangers
Rangers for me...

I could double that, plus newer chants.

Just watched LTV and Jamie Webster said he started doing this in front of 50 and it built from there.

The Blue Notes managed to fill a whole album of just Rangers stuff called Teddy Bears Picnic FYI, don't really see the problem with the loyalist stuff getting added in, surely it would be up to the organisers of the events to arrange only Rangers songs.

It could have been a whole lot worse, you could have been listening to Ally Dunn instead of Lyndsey. :p

(Also if anyone has this CD for sale feel free to PM me.)

Back