Bobby Williamson and McCoist's last game for Rangers at Ibrox

Replacing Robertson with Stensaas.
Negri getting injured.
Signing Amoruso and him missing 9 months and having to resign Gough.
Laudrup’s form.
McCall’s form.
Durie’s inability to score in the run.

So many reasons behind that season yet we still should have won it comfortably.

I remember leaving Tynecastle convinced we would still win the league.
Robertson leaving was put down to him wanting more money? If true, I’m surprised he didn’t get it at that time unless he was asking for something ridiculous.

One our best players in that era. Hard as nails, consistent and excellent going forward.

Robertson leaving was put down to him wanting more money? If true, I’m surprised he didn’t get it at that time unless he was asking for something ridiculous.

One our best players in that era. Hard as nails, consistent and excellent going forward.

Robertson left because he was bored playing the same teams 4 times a season and had achieved everything to win. He had also missed a big chunk of his last season with a knee injury that kept him out until November. The same knee went less than a year into his Leeds career. Never kicked a ball for Leeds in his final three years there.

We blew a double treble due to complete unprofessionalsm. Not only from the players but also Walter Smith who dismissed the fact we'd effectively chucked it after we won the league.

I'm sure we never managed a victory in our last few games.

Players turned up v Scumdee Utd like they'd on on the piss the night before.
Could say the same in the #55 season to an extent. In the (rightful) euphoria of winning the league, our shambolic elimination in both Cup competitions is often overlooked. We should 100% have won the treble that year.

Back