Boli Bolingoli And Celtic Breaching COVID Rules - Sturgeon “Celtic and Aberdeen not expected to play for at least next week”

I've received a good few messages this evening alleging that Bolingoli, who came on as a substitute today, should have been in self-isolation as he flew in and out of Malaga earlier this week from Prestwick and in the company of his girlfriend. Probably nonsense, however just wondered if anyone else had received same?

think you have let out a secret that MSM were keeping quiet on.

I'm not sure what punishment can be handed out. I don't think forfeiting games is right - and I don't think playing them is right either.

Look at Aberdeen for example - you'd either be handing Hamilton a 3-0 victory or letting them play against a significantly weakened team. Is that fair on St Mirren, Livingston, Ross County or any of their other relegation rivals?

Only fair thing would be a straight up points deduction but that's not going to happen. More than likely a fine if anything - but the lack of action regarding Aberdeen so far means that Celtic will get off lightly too.

Bolingolis breach is much worse, he has actually broken the law, the Sheep players just didn’t follow guidance.

Only fair thing would be a straight up points deduction but that's not going to happen. More than likely a fine if anything - but the lack of action regarding Aberdeen so far means that Celtic will get off lightly too.
That’s what should happen.Only way to stop it happening again.The Aberdeen one is still to be dealt with.The rhats one is much worse.He broke the quarantine laws.Now he put all those other people he came into contact with.He should be suspended and they should be sanctioned as well.Imagine it was Alfie and us?They would want us thrown out the league.

As above self isolation isn't law - it's guidelines.

Secondly - the current guidelines are to self-isolate on return from those countries, and for others to self-isolate if they've been in contact with anyone that's shown symptoms.

So unless he's shown symptoms there is no need for Killie players to self isolate. There's also probably no need for Celtic players to, but for the safety of other teams they should as a team be put into self-isolation until Bolingoli is known to be safe.
think the record are already saying hes been tested twice and its negative. this will be another stern warning from the government I think

Bolingolis breach is much worse, he has actually broken the law, the Sheep players just didn’t follow guidance.

I get your point - but technically i don't think self-isolation on return from a foreign country is law. No acts of Parliament have been passes. It is still government guidance.

No CL would be meltdown central but imagine it was awarded to us by UEFA :D

We keep Alfie and sign Harry Kane!

The behaviour of Bolingoli in this is a complete disgrace, he hasn't only broken rules he has blatantly broken the law.

The next move by the scum could be interesting. I've a feeling they might go as far as sacking and suing the player for gross misconduct. Anything to take heat off them and put it all on the player. As others have said it seems unlikely that nobody at the club knew where the player had been.

Now we know why the spfl/sfa or whoever it is failed to punish the sheep, they knew all about this Bolingoli and if they punished the sheep with a fine and points deduction then the mentally challengeds would be the same. shambles!

The tests are irrelevant as the incubation period is up to 14 days.
Not in relation to him being able to transmit the virus. If nose and throat swabs return negative he cant have passed it on to people who he has been in contact with. He must quarantine for 2 weeks but everyone else is fine.

No CL would be meltdown central but imagine it was awarded to us by UEFA :D

We keep Alfie and sign Harry Kane!

Maybe we should take the CL spot given their inability to play - and Livingston and St Johnstone {or whoever was 5th and 6th) should take our and Aberdeen's Europa League places.

I get your point - but technically i don't think self-isolation on return from a foreign country is law. No acts of Parliament have been passes. It is still government guidance.

It is law. Holyrood have passed several pieces of legislation on this.

This myth about negative tests the virus can take up to 14 days to surface hence the 14 day quarantine period !
Yes but if he tests negative then he cant have passed it on to anyone. He must quarantine the rest of the team dont have to

If football is ‘paused’, Celtic and others won’t be able to play their European qualifiers, just can’t see that happening.

Will Sellick be able to play anyway? Surely someone has the responsibility to inform Uefa that a member club has broken quarentine rules.

The full sellick team should still be in quarentine when this tie is due to take place?

This is difficult for Celtic, the obvious solution is to sack him.

But obviously Bolingoli knows exactly who he told about going to Spain, and also who he mixed with.

If his decent wages are pulled out from under him, he could cause them a lot of damage.

Surely the contact tracing should now be contacting every person in close contact with said individual. Everyone in dressing room and team bus should now be isolating. This is the law for everyone ?
No they should, he tested negative

They are making it up as they go along.

One of the few leagues in Europe that wasn't played to completion and no rule changes to add punishments for teams not following the guidelines?

Another resounding success for Doncaster to add to his CV.

Thats what I don't understand. Surely before an agreement was reached and football was allowed to restart all clubs should have been made aware of what was expected of them, the players and what could happen if they weren't compliant. It's absolute amateur hour and it's why IMO Aberdeen's match should have went ahead minus the 8 players - it would have sent a message to other clubs and players to act more responsibly and professionally.

Wee Burnie isn’t a Tim she is from Dreghorn for gods sake ! However I fear she may stop the season also the the rotten mobs participation in Europe is now in doubt as at the least they will have to isolate for 14 days now their entire squad and coaching team
Ffs she is from dreghorn so how come she could be raised in such a place and no be a loyalist is the pertinent question

Interesting to see if St Mirren have anything to say, given they're due to play Celtic tomorrow.

Surely at least some of their players arent comfortable with this.

Shouldn't the whole mentally challenged squad from Sunday have to self isolate as they have been in contact with Bolingoli?? Possibly the Killie players too.

No, if someone comes back from Spain, fails to quarantine and then comes into close contact with you, you do not need to self isolate. Unless they test positive, but then the fact they've been to Spain is irrelevant anyway, you'd be self isolating if they picked it up in Tesco.

If football is ‘paused’, Celtic and others won’t be able to play their European qualifiers, just can’t see that happening.
Its a pandemic, Government are trying to save lives and balance a re-opening of the economy. A response here may depend on their priorities. I just cant see sport being given special treatment, esp as its blown one chance already. Two clubs have fecked up everything for all the others. There must be some form of punishment.

My thoughts exactly, my wife and I came back from Spain and as per the law,had to self isolate for 14 days, this guy has broken the law, but the only punishment is a fine by the government, and I’m sure he can afford that, he hasn’t broken any football rules, merely failed to follow guidelines, which might mean another small fine.

Interesting to see if St Mirren have anything to say, given they're due to play Celtic tomorrow.

Surely at least some of their players arent comfortable with this.
I doubt the Kilmarnock players and staff will be feeling too happy this morning also.

So essentially all we’re looking at is the player getting a fine he could pay with the change in his pocket.
Pretty much.
Although I’d imagine the Lurgan Bigot will probably also fine him as well.

For everyone demanding blood, I’m not really sure there’s anything they can do other than punish the player themselves, it’s not like the Shettlestons knew anything about it. And contrary to opinion he wasn’t actually ineligible.

Surely they are not going to claim that the management team didn’t know they one if there players had been in Spain ?? They must have known he made the trip and it now looks like they are trying to fully blame the player when in fact it should be Lennon getting the grief for playing him
Surely you don't believe they are incapable of lying through their teeth?

Costing us our European qualifiers if they pause Scottish football, would we have no choice but to forfeit?

Their game tomorrow and the weekend will definitely be off, he can become symptomatic anywhere up to 14 days

I can't see how they allow their next few matches to go ahead
as above - there is no other action to take ? I know dim minded media, henchmen in the right places - but this is so blatant and would go against the rules of the whole of the UK ???

am afraid also dimmy must not be able to participate in europe - they cant fulfill their match obligations in time - maybe Rekyjavik will make this point ;-)

what must Killie be thinking this morning, are they even safe to play their games for the next two weeks ??

Pretty much.
Although I’d imagine the Lurgan Bigot will probably also fine him as well.

For everyone demanding blood, I’m not really sure there’s anything they can do other than punish the player themselves, it’s not like the Shettlestons knew anything about it. And contrary to opinion he wasn’t actually ineligible.

Pretty much my thoughts

So essentially all we’re looking at is the player getting a fine he could pay with the change in his pocket.

Pretty much.

Although the profile of a footballer blatantly doing it and putting his own teammates and the opposition at risk will see further action taken by his club. I said it earlier that I think he will be sacked for the blatant misconduct. But then again this is club used to sweeping things under their carpet of shame.

What will Neil (I don't talk about other Clubs) Lennon have to say on the Sports News programmes, today?

Will Nicola have a wee comment to make or will the Exam Results be her excuse?
The Aberdoom fans will await in anticipation of their great leaders words.

I just hope that SG is hammering into our players that we (as always) need to be whiter than white.

Keep safe a fellow Bears.

Bolingoli will have to isolate for 2 weeks, the rest of their squad is in the clear.

games will go ahead.

the point here is was Bolingoli, due to covid rules, ineligible to play

Back