Boli Bolingoli And Celtic Breaching COVID Rules - Sturgeon “Celtic and Aberdeen not expected to play for at least next week”

Surely they are not going to claim that the management team didn’t know they one if there players had been in Spain ?? They must have known he made the trip and it now looks like they are trying to fully blame the player when in fact it should be Lennon getting the grief for playing him

League won't have it in the competition rules for players being ineligible due to something that is currently only guidelines.

I appreciate your point but he wasn't ineligible.
Its not guidelines when subject to fine by plod. And he was ineligible to play as he should have been in quarantine.

Someone has played a blinder here.

They’ve known he was in Spain and they have waited until the weekend fixture to see if he played a part before getting it out there.
He comes on as a sub then the information is leaked.

Give a man enough rope!

Anybody know of another of their players, who's been in the headlines recently for breaking covid rules, that might be responsible for the "leak"? ;)

Not seeing the same uproar in the press regarding this , compared to Aberdeen issue.
Rules should be the same for both.
Minimum , games off for 14 days , maximum , points deducted.

This myth about negative tests the virus can take up to 14 days to surface hence the 14 day quarantine period !
In which case anyone in contact with him needs to isolate for 14 days also? They wont take any chances with this surely?

Rangers should be releasing a statement this afternoon.

We should be saying that Celtic fielded an illegible player at the weekend against Kilmarnock and Kilmarnock should be rewarded a 3-0 victory as a result.

We should then be saying that if Celtic knew about the trip, and played the player anyway, they have to forfeit their games within the next 14 days.

This is the perfect opportunity to apply pressure. Let’s see if our board are up to it.

Seriously?

League won't have it in the competition rules for players being ineligible due to something that is currently only guidelines.

I appreciate your point but he wasn't ineligible.
Not trying to cause an argument bud but I was under the impression if you were at risk of coronavirus you were ineligible?If tour not ineligible and didn’t test positive why didn’t Aberdeen play the St Johnstone game?Weren’t they all ineligible and they couldn’t field a team?

What an absolute weapon of a boy. His brains match his football ability. To risk the return of the game in this country for a 4 day break. There better be sanctions for this.

They must have known, no way did he disappear to Spain and none of his teammates knew he was away. They need to be given a point deduction, total disregard for the rules and front line workers, putting everyone at risk and think about tve NHS.:rolleyes:

All doesn't seem well at the knew camp, players doing what they want, pish performance on the pitch and scrapping about for free transfers and loan deals.
My thoughts exactly. Wheres there war cheast now. Pumped out of CL and they ll be selling eduard. Like last season wi biscuit hips.

No way a player goes to Spain for 4 days or however long without the manager knowing.
Also doesn't matter how many negative tests have came back he should be self isolating for 14 days.

Imagine this was a Rangers player......

Their game tomorrow and the weekend will definitely be off, he can become symptomatic anywhere up to 14 days

I can't see how they allow their next few matches to go ahead

Where are these supposed rules agreed between the SPFL/SFA and Scottish Government regarding CoVid published?

I know Nippy mentioned them in regards to the Aberdeen players being out in pubs, but what has actually been written into the laws of the game around this?

How's it possible for him to jet off to Spain and no one know where he is? Are players not supposed to be getting tested twice a week? How can he disappear for 4 days. Were the whole squad off for 4 days? Can't see it and if so, brilliant management lol.

Their game tomorrow and the weekend will definitely be off, he can become symptomatic anywhere up to 14 days

I can't see how they allow their next few matches to go ahead
Club saying he has tested negative twice since returning, they are panicking. If he was ineligible to play then we need to remember what they did to Legia Warsaw.
SFA will say they have no rules to cover the situation. If it was us, a new rule would be in place by now.

As above self isolation isn't law - it's guidelines.

Secondly - the current guidelines are to self-isolate on return from those countries, and for others to self-isolate if they've been in contact with anyone that's shown symptoms.

So unless he's shown symptoms there is no need for Killie players to self isolate. There's also probably no need for Celtic players to, but for the safety of other teams they should as a team be put into self-isolation until Bolingoli is known to be safe.

...and if you're an asymptomatic carrier of Covid-19? What then?

celtic being alowed to investigate something is absolutely laughable. we all know how that goes

Where are these supposed rules agreed between the SPFL/SFA and Scottish Government regarding CoVid published?

I know Nippy mentioned them in regards to the Aberdeen players being out in pubs, but what has actually been written into the laws of the game around this?

There won't be any rules written by the spfl regarding this. As we have seen , they make them up as, and when, needed.

It’s as clear as mud mate , almost so they could create and determine sanctions , on a club , to club basis

If the mentally challengeds are allowed to field players who should be 14 day quarantine then why should the sheep be made to have players sit out. This has to be result change to 3 point to killie and should see the mentally challengeds punished severely if it was a cup game instant expulsion required

Ok will wait and see what the outcome is.They will not be punished.Thats a certainty.
They are making it up as they go along.

One of the few leagues in Europe that wasn't played to completion and no rule changes to add punishments for teams not following the guidelines?

Another resounding success for Doncaster to add to his CV.

I doubt SFA will have done anything. Govt will likely have said 'we're cutting you some slack, doing you a favour, show us we can trust you'. A bit of a test for all concerned.

If the mentally challengeds are allowed to field players who should be 14 day quarantine then why should the sheep be made to have players sit out. This has to be result change to 3 point to killie and should see the mentally challengeds punished severely if it was a cup game instant expulsion required
I prefer the idea someone else posted of calling the League and having a Hibs v Rangers play-off for the title.:D

Rangers should be releasing a statement this afternoon.

We should be saying that Celtic fielded an illegible player at the weekend against Kilmarnock and Kilmarnock should be rewarded a 3-0 victory as a result.

We should then be saying that if Celtic knew about the trip, and played the player anyway, they have to forfeit their games within the next 14 days.

This is the perfect opportunity to apply pressure. Let’s see if our board are up to it.

What a ridiculous idea.

If the SFA/SPFAL really want to pre-empt / stop Scottish Government action they'd impose two week isolation periods on both Aberdeen and Celtic.

They play each other Saturday anyway so minimises impact on others.
What punishment should they face?

Nothing will happen, Bheast FC have operated a paedophile ring for 50 years and the victims are still waiting for justice.

Sheep had two positive tests , they will ( pause ) all games to protect them from a fixture pile up, mentally challengeds will sack Bollingdolly.

From the sun:
PAUSE BUTTON Coronavirus Scotland: Government could PAUSE resumption of football in Scotland over Bolingoli and Aberdeen breaches
  • Stewart Fisher
  • 22:52, 10 Aug 2020
  • Updated: 23:19, 10 Aug 2020
THE Scottish Government say they could put football back into cold storage as they attempt to get to the bottom of the Boli Bolingoli affair and what appears to be another 'serious' breach of coronavirus protocols.
We told you earlier tonight how the Celtic star was under investigation by raging club chiefs after sneaking off on holiday to Spain in defiance of strict Covid-19 quarantine rules.
The 25-year-old didn’t tell Hoops bosses he’d been to the high-risk country, failed to isolate when he returned — then played in Sunday’s game against Kilmarnock.
The affair comes just a week after two Aberdeen stars tested positive for the virus and six others were forced to quarantine for 14 days after visiting a pub after the Dons' match against Rangers.
Celtic ace Leigh Griffiths was also reminded of his conduct after pictures showed him at a party in his own house which breached social distancing protocols.
Government patience is clearly wearing thin - a point re-inforced by national clinical director Jason Leitch on a 5pm Zoom call with managers and captains of all Scottish Premiership club this evening.

And now a Scottish Government spokesman has told the Scottish Sun that they were aware of the Bolingoli incident and were attempting to establish the full facts of the affair.
If confirmed, a spokesman said the authorities would have little choice but to consider PAUSING the Scottish game.
The spokesman said: “The Scottish Government is aware of reports of a Celtic FC player having broken quarantine rules last week.

"We are currently in discussion with the club and football governing bodies to establish the facts.
“If confirmed as another serious incident within Scottish football, where protocols have been breached at the risk of wider public health, then the Scottish Government will have little choice but to consider whether a pause is now needed in the resumption of the game in Scotland.”
there is an excuse in the making here

If the SFA/SPFAL really want to pre-empt / stop Scottish Government action they'd impose two week isolation periods on both Aberdeen and Celtic.

They play each other Saturday anyway so minimises impact on others.
SPFL should pre-empt this by doing exactly that. They wont as will sit back and say sorry decision out of our hands.

There won't be any rules written by the spfl regarding this. As we have seen , they make them up as, and when, needed.

I wouldn’t be surprised at all, but without some clear rules written then I think any argument of ineligibility dies on its arse to be honest.

Unless the existing laws of the game in Scotland have a specific eligibility factor in them that would relate to this, I don’t see it being a realistic argument.

They should have drafted specific rules in relation to what was agreed between the government and ruling bodies so things like this could be penalised.

Instead there’s probably more of a gentleman’s agreement in place that Nippy will just shut it down if folk don’t behave. Which is a more likely outcome IMHO.

What punishment should they face?

I'm not sure what punishment can be handed out. I don't think forfeiting games is right - and I don't think playing them is right either.

Look at Aberdeen for example - you'd either be handing Hamilton a 3-0 victory or letting them play against a significantly weakened team. Is that fair on St Mirren, Livingston, Ross County or any of their other relegation rivals?

Only fair thing would be a straight up points deduction but that's not going to happen. More than likely a fine if anything - but the lack of action regarding Aberdeen so far means that Celtic will get off lightly too.

He should not have been at work.

How to self-isolate

You must not leave your home if you're self-isolating.

Don't
  • do not go to work, school or public places – work from home if you can
  • do not go on public transport or use taxis
  • do not go out to get food and medicine – order it online or by phone, or ask someone to bring it to your home
  • do not have visitors in your home, including friends and family – except for people providing essential care
  • do not go out to exercise – exercise at home or in your garden, if you have one

Back