Borna Barasic

Once players start reading his crosses we will get goals

He can swing a ball to back post from wide and deep without any back lift - we will get goals from that

He was brilliant today. Has an amazing abilty to find a cross with the absolute minimum of space. As stated on here, if only we had a lethal headerer of the ball to meet them. I think positions 1 through 3 are now nailed on.

He’s a talent.

His left foot and crossing on the run will be a great asset if we can convert the chances he will create.

Barisic strolled it today - mind you Hamilton were not for coming forward much and seemed to target Tav's side when they did venture into our half.

From a throw-in he managed to get the ball right into the box. Cant remember the last time I seen one of our players doing that. Looked composed and assured the whole game. If we keep this guy fit he will be part of 55 no doubt.

You can tell he is a level above your average SPFL player in about 5 minutes, his class is obvious.
There are still questions to be asked about his defensive abilities as he simply wasn’t tested at all today but going forward he adds some real class from left back we have been missing.

Grezda had a good first half and we look much better as a team threatening on both flanks. His confidence does seem low right now and is effecting his game but he can’t use that as an excuse forever

Looks good, but I don't think him and Middleton will work together. Both like to get to the bye line, I think we need one of them to step inside more often if they do play together.

Understand what you are saying, Grezda already does get inside, that is something which Glenn has got to work upon.

Hope you are able to see that soon !

This guy looks a great buy he strolled it today doesn’t look at all trying to find his fitness after a injury layoff up and down the wing and his crossing and set pieces are excellent pity we didn’t have someone clever enough to get on the end of them
He's a fucking player. That is for sure. ;)

He had an excellent match.

The quality of his crossing is just crying out for someone with a brain being able to read it and get on the end of them.

Alfie would have had a field day today with his service, unfortunately we had a useless streak of p1sh up front today.

He makes me very happy

I still see this absolute demon rampaging up and down the left for Osijek against Petrocub. Even scored an outside left foot goal.

Posting on here that we should do everything to get him.

He’s not even got close to that performance for us and still looks tremendous.

He will win us things.
He will be sold for 8 figures after Euro 2020

Getting him up to speed is going to make a huge difference to our team.

Of course he’s been out for ages but until he puts in this type of performance regularly or does it in much bigger games like today, in particular the games we have coming between now and the end of the year, then let’s not get carried away.

That goes for a good few of our squad actually.

When fully fit he'll be a big player for us.
Also good to have someone other than Tav taking set plays.

and doing them better

Borna Barisic is way better than any other option we have seen in years !

He is a Croation international and could have featured in the World Cup but came in when the then regular LB was long term injured.

He is a Class Act so sorry if there are those who have not, thus far, recognised that. He has just come back fron a significant injury so is only now just getting back up to speed.

Last edited:
Understand what you are saying, Grezda already does get inside, that is something which Glenn has got to work upon.

Hope you are able to see that soon !

Definitely, Middleton has chalk on his boots and has to come inside occasionally to open up the space for Barisic to overlap into. If Middleton adds that to his game we have serious options down our left hand side, i.e. Barisic plus either Grezda, Kent or Middleton. A nice conundrum for the Gaffer to have.

Had we had Alfie there the score would've been more emphatic. Can't wait til he comes back,but we really need to try and find someone similar,because the difference in the team when he's not there is huge.

We’ve really missed him, he has quality deliveries and the team is a lot more balanced. He should get a lot of joy against Whittaker on Wednesday so hopefully Alfie is alert to his crosses.

MOTM for me and our beet player out with Morelos
Including Morelos IMO

Alfredo has plusses and minusses in his preformances as we all know so in response to your point -NO !

One has to consider Alfredo's 'overall game 'in relation to his outstanding forward play but taken into consideration with his petulance and lack of discipline.

All things considered Alfie is nowhere near being considered as our best player overall !

Last edited:
Back