Borna Barisic opens up on Rangers future as he insists he has no issues with Steven Gerrard

I feel the exact same. Defensively he's not done much wrong. That cross that went in yesterday went through his legs so was unlucky really. It's the back passing that's the issue for me. Albeit sometimes it's the only option. The times where there's space & the start of last season he would have ran at it, he decides to take the safe bet. Even then though, he still doesn't lose possession.

Tbh, some of these 'supporters' are wanking themselves into a frenzy with hate for the guy. It's like they just need a whipping boy. Both Flanagan & Halliday have had bigger howlers than any of his showings this season yet he's the one they're slating.
I agree with the supporters jumping on the band wagon with hate, his back passing is frustrating as %^*&, but when he does try to be direct and loses it he gets abused of the fans... so plays the easy option instead, hopefully this free kick regains his confidence as there is a player in there.

So he wasn't 'officially' awarded the goal at St Joseph's? How does that work then?
Always thought whoever scored was 'officially' the goalscorer.
On Rangers official site it says this...

"A super free-kick from the Croatian was over the line to Vera’s left before he clawed it back into the path of Goldson who rammed it in to make no mistake. It was the Englishman who celebrated – but TV replays confirmed it to be Barisic’s goal".

I'm stumped tbh.:confused:

So he wasn't 'officially' awarded the goal at St Joseph's? How does that work then?
Always thought whoever scored was 'officially' the goalscorer.
On Rangers official site it says this...

"A super free-kick from the Croatian was over the line to Vera’s left before he clawed it back into the path of Goldson who rammed it in to make no mistake. It was the Englishman who celebrated – but TV replays confirmed it to be Barisic’s goal".

I'm stumped tbh.:confused:
Ref's report I'd imagine.

McCoist and Hatley to name just two were booed their first season by some of the Rangers fans. It took both of them a season to settle and "Get It".
Hatley came in with an existing injury and it took him a little longer to settle.

Scottish football WILL and HAS always caught out players in their first season. Firsly the expectation of Rangers fans is much bigger than they imagined and they Type of football played in Scotland it not what they we're expecting or are used too.
I am still a believer that Borna will come good this season. He is a player hence the reason why he is picked for Croatia.
Kick on Borna and become a legend for the Famous.
NS.

Last edited:
Stands off his man too much and let's attacker's turn and run at him way too often.

He needs to be more aggressive in that aspect of the game and is what I believe makes Flanagan a better option.
Depends on the opposition. Flanagan is about as slow as a week in the jail and all too often gets spun or outpaced, resulting in him racking up yellow cards for fouling/pulling back opponents.

Back