Borna - what a player

Best player on the pitch
I would agree with that

Absolutely superb. Tav defended very well tonight as well on the other side. Think they were told when one goes the other stays. Usually both bomb up in domestic games. Everyone played well tonight, a few individual brain fart moments, but that's to be expected.
I agree Tav put in a good shift as well. However I was raging he didn’t slip the ball through to Ojo quicker on that breakaway towards the end. (Had a bit of a minor meltdown at that)

Don't like to say it, but if he keeps up his form we'll struggle to hold on to him beyond the summer.

Can't believe I'm even saying that.

Sometimes criticism brings out the fire in a player but I couldn't be more glad BB made me eat my words.

Love the big man. Just shows you, give players time to adapt and play for the badge. He is full of confidence and loving his football at the minute.

A lesson we should learn stop criticising players early doors in the first team.

We could have lost him.

Credit Tav as well.

Borna is a Croation internationalist and it shows.

We deserved more tonight but Sunday's exertions told.

Steven Gerrard has us on the right track.

It's coming.

He really is a top quality left back, an absolute star tonight.

Brave on the ball.
Brave in the tackle.
Nobody gets past him.
Great Delivery.

Who would have thought that 3 or 4 months ago - what a transformation and now one of our 1st pick warriors.

He’s certainly proved a fair few wrong including me which I happily hold my hands up to. He’s been fantastic. Had to laugh at him wanting to square go the YB support too!

Fantastic player.
I always thought he'd come good, but I didn't think he'd improve for us SO quickly.

I still maintain that Kent and him could form a partnership on that left side that would terrorise any opposition.
But that would mean Kent being on the left, and using his pace a bit more.

Own goal tonight had to try and reach for the ball as the swiss forward would have had a tap in .
Rolls Royce of a player in our left back tradition .
Will always remember when he was out wanting to sort out the poles or Danes can't remember who , with the flip flops on brilliant

He was fantastic again tonight as he has been for the whole European campaign.

Just goes to show how big a part confidence plays in football. I just wish some of our support realised that.

He's said himself he struggled with the physicality of the league as well. Having a strong pre season has done him wonders.

Thought he was week at first but he has stuck in and is a vital first team player

Back