Bosmans

govanfront85

Official Ticketer
Having a check through transfer market site and noticed these are all available.

Graeme shinnie lb/dmf 27 Aberdeen
Chris cadden rb/rmf 22 motherwell
Glen kamara dmf 23 dundee
Gary mackay steven lw 28 Aberdeen
Gary hooper cf 30 Sheffield Wed
Alan Hutton rb 32 Villa
Will vaulks dmf 25 Rotherham
Lewis mcleod cm 24 Brentford
Jordan archer gk 25 Millwall
Stefan johansen cm 27 Fulham
Steven Davis cm 33 Southampton

Couple of ex mhanks there that I'd not necessarily want but open to opinions.

Hooper could be a decent option on a free as a 2nd/3rd choice striker in league games.

Certainly knows how to score at this level.

The lad Kamara at Dundee had a decent game against us last season and he did score for Finland in the last international. He's a good age and might be worth looking at. That said I have no idea how he's played this season

What Rangers fan lists Gary fücking Hooper.

He’s been injured for 2 seasons anyway.

You can understand if a manager really wants someone the support will generally gradually come to accept it but to actively seek out an scum player is baffling.

Having a check through transfer market site and noticed these are all available.

Alan Hutton rb 32 Villa

Not one of those mentioned are fmgood enough to take us forward all pish

Not the best list but fully agree with the OP we should be utilising the bosman market and paying a good wage rather than spending millions on transfer fees.

The lad Kamara at Dundee had a decent game against us last season and he did score for Finland in the last international. He's a good age and might be worth looking at. That said I have no idea how he's played this season

Agree. I’d look closely at him. And Lewis. And trust our scouting team on their judgment.

Not the best list but fully agree with the OP we should be utilising the bosman market and paying a good wage rather than spending millions on transfer fees.

Agree. Another two like Shagger & Scott & id be happy.
I do think we look for FIRST TEAM guys & no more squad players though mate.

Glen Kamara played well against us last year, we will certainly have tabs on him.

He’s also been capped 7 times by Finland, although I couldn’t tell you if it’s hard or not to get chosen for the Finnish national team.

No, I’m suggesting you should know better than to list THAT.

End of the day he knows how to score goals at this level. If bringing him in on a free guaranteed us 15-20 goals in the league like he got with the scum, we'd be daft not to do it.

See Walter bringing back Miller for his 2nd spell at us if you need a comparison. One of the most crucial signings in us winning 3 in a row.

Jesus Christ if the OP thinks that's options then he's never A. Played football or B. Got a clue about it.

Absolutely horrendous list apart from Davis but he's in the Twilight of his career now.

If that's our level we are as well closing the doors.

Out of all the players that left Rangers in 2012 Davis is the only one (could argue McGregor) that if signed again will come back a better player

Jesus Christ if the OP thinks that's options then he's never A. Played football or B. Got a clue about it.

Absolutely horrendous list apart from Davis but he's in the Twilight of his career now.

If that's our level we are as well closing the doors.

It's just players on a list who are out of contract. Not necessarily my opinion.

Can you just delete every name until the last one

* Edit. Spotted Lewis MacLeod among the mentally challengeds

Out the list I'd take shinnie, kamara and Davis. Rest I'd leave.

Shinnie would be an upgrade on Flanagan as back up lb, kamara looked promising last year and Davis offers a bit of guile in the middle of the park.

Reactions: cav
The Sheep will be hit hard if they lose both Shinnie & McKay-Steven. They start every game.

Others available for free at the end of the season are a full team of Man Utd players:

David De Gea

Antonio Valencia
Phil Jones
Chris Smalling
Luke Shaw

Matteo Darmian
Andreas Pereira
Ander Herrera

Juan Mata
Anthony Martial
Ashley Young

Can’t believe I’m saying this..........
But at one time I was adamant that Will Vaulks would be a great addition to Warburtons first team:confused::cool:

Alan Hutton rb 32 Villa

There must be more players available than that surely? Or is that just your wish list out of the Bosmans?

Either way I wouldn’t take any of them

I’d take Hutton as a back up right back. He’s still doing ok for Villa at 32 years young and knows how to win.

McLeod and Davis on free transfers also make sense. Halkett has also impressed at Livi - could be anything.

Is Shinnie an upgrade on Halliday coz I’m guessing that’s who’s place in the squad he’d take.

We’ll take in a few smart freebies hopefully, it should free up funds for real quality in key areas.

Unrelated to actually suggesting signing him, I was always surprised Hooper flopped in England, especially considering the comparative success of the likes of Murphy and Waghorn.

Pains me to say it but he was a great finisher and I thought decent footballer playing in Scotland and Champions League.

Back