Bougherra new Head Coach of Fujairah

BrownBrogues

Good luck Boogie

Former Rangers and Algeria captain Madjid Bougherra has been named as new coach of Arabian Gulf Leagueoutfit Fujairah.

The Wolves, who stayed in the UAE top-flight by the skin of their teeth last season, have turned to their former player to replace ex-UAE boss Dr Abdullah Mesfer, who had originally guided them into the AGL last term following a narrow promotion play-off triumph against Hatta.
Mesfer eventually replaced Argentina legend Diego Maradona last April following a hasty decision to sack the former Napoli and Barcelona player within hours of April 28’s failure to gain automatic promotion. Mesfer did then steer Fujairah back into the AGL but was himself replaced by ex-Czech Republic, Al Ahli and Emirates Club boss Ivan Hasek – who returned to Fujairah Stadium for a second spell – in May.
Mesfer again answered the Wolves’ coaching call when Hasek failed to see out the 2018/19 season, which ended with a 3-1 final day triumph over Shabab Al Ahli Dubai that secured their survival and sent Emirates Club down.
The 36-year-old Bougherra will now take over on a permanent basis, with the club revealing the news on their Twitter feed.

E1-A83327-8-EBC-4-BDC-9085-86-A714276345.gif

Good as time as any to use this gif.

Absolutely great big player but trying to imagine his team talks “ when you get the ball, just run up the park as fast as you can , beat as many men as you can and blast it towards goal “ and that’s the team talk done :cool::D

As soon as I saw the thread title I was just waiting for the first snidey passport remark. God forbid anyone give any of our ex players a break!
God doesn’t exist mate, sorry to be the one to have to break it to you and ruin your Sabbath.

My fav CH I have seen at Rangers. A very solid defender but that ability he had on the ball I have never seen by any other CH to play for us.
He would have been the ideal type of player for us in the last couple of seasons when we struggled to break down some teams who set up with 10 behind the ball. A centre half who was so comfortable coming forward with the ball and making the extra man,making things happen.

Back