Bournemouth’s message to Defoe

Have a wee soft spot for them

league one side punching above their weight andfor seasons they’ve held their own in the EPL

a team that plays attractive football or at least they try to

A very unexpected Sevco in the comments. Irish guy with Celtic profile pictures. A small part of me is holding out hope that he is also a Bournemouth fan but there seems to be some kind of bat signal that attracts them wherever Rangers are mentioned online.

Nice touch from Bournemouth.

I think it just emphasises what a top professional that Defoe is and how highly regarded he is in the game.

Their supporters seem fine except the odd one who think Bournemouth are a bigger club than Rangers because they play in the epl,

Defoe could do a job for bournemouth imo, I won't complain but I'll never understood why they let him go to us.
I love in Bournemouth and all the fans in my work wanted him back for the second half of the season. Solanke doesn't score and wilson is off the boil. I think they knew he wasnt coming back but they knew he could do a job

Have a wee soft spot for them

league one side punching above their weight andfor seasons they’ve held their own in the EPL

a team that plays attractive football or at least they try to
Aye me too, I grew up 10 miles from Bournemouth so used to go watch them often. I saw a few of the games when Defoe was on loan down there as a 17 year old including where he scored for 10 games in a row

Nice message from Bournemouth. I'm delighted we got JD for another year, he could easily still do a job in the EPL.

Haven't liked Bournemouth since that kunt Boruc played for them but that statement goes someway to repairing the damage caused when they signed that spunk bucket

A very unexpected Sevco in the comments. Irish guy with Celtic profile pictures. A small part of me is holding out hope that he is also a Bournemouth fan but there seems to be some kind of bat signal that attracts them wherever Rangers are mentioned online.

They're like a contagious rash which gets everywhere mate. Wherever there's Rangers there's going to be some unemployed mongo in his green and grey chirping up. They've got nothing else to do.

I don’t much like that the balance of power in English football has moved south in the last few years. Of course, money and the economy are the reasons for that. Teams like Bournemouth, Brighton etc are beneficiaries of this. However, despite my underlying antipathy for these sides, I’m not disputing that that is a nice gesture regarding Jermaine.

Back