Bournemouth Duo have apparently signed

Do we think that this means we aren't buying Zungu?
Potentially not, he looks tidy enough and useful to bring on later in games but I'm not sure he's at the level to lift us further. He probably done himself out of a move by signing a new deal before coming on loan as if he was cheap he'd be useful enough as a sub.

Given how deep we are into the season it's starting to look like the gaffer brought him in primarily as cover. I think he's been decent enough when he's played, safe but perhaps a bit cautious. Whether or not he stays will likely come down to a few factors. 1) how he features in the last third of the season, 2) the cost, 3) whether or not Kamara stays, and 4) other midfield options available
My primary problem with signing Zungu permanently is his age given his lack of gametime. He'll be 29 a couple of months after we pay close to £3 million pounds for him. If he had played more and impressed then ok, we won't get any resale value but we'll get a good player for 3-4 years. The problem is he hasn't played much and when he has, outside of Lech he hasn't been great (Not bad but not great either, just average). We even had a midfield crisis for a month and he still couldn't get a start.

If Zungu was younger say 22/23 then I would say he could be worth taking a gamble on, but from what we've seen is he really worth paying close to £3 million when he turns 29 a few months after signing? For me no.

Am I literally the only person who doesn’t get all gushy over him being a “unit”, “tank”, “big lady's front bottom”?
It's a strange way of admiring a young football player to me tbh but whatever floats peoples boat!

Zungu didn't start training with the squad until November, has been good to outright impressive whenever called upon and a few days ago the manager said he is delighted with his contribution so far.

It's getting really boring seeing this take on every thread about our midfield

Exactly! .... one word: .. Barisic

Zungu didn't start training with the squad until November, has been good to outright impressive whenever called upon and a few days ago the manager said he is delighted with his contribution so far.

It's getting really boring seeing this take on every thread about our midfield
He only asked a question lol. I’ve yet to give a judgement on Zungu even though I’ve been impressed with certain cameos as he simply hasn’t played enough but I think people are within their rights to ask questions when he isn’t starting vs Ross County at home.

He’s not going to play next season, he won’t have played for a year so he will need a loan for two reasons.

1. For match sharpness
2. To make up for lost development time.

He needs to go on loan to a team that have the ball, he needs to improve on that side of his game if he wants to make it here.
I don’t think Katic has a future at Rangers which is unfortunate as I like him but he doesn’t possess the technical attributes which haven’t even improved since he signed with us. Stuff he was already good at have gotten better. Loan him to a team like Middlesbrough whos play style suits him to try get him in the market.

I don’t think Katic has a future at Rangers which is unfortunate as I like him but he doesn’t possess the technical attributes which haven’t even improved since he signed with us. Stuff he was already good at have gotten better. Loan him to a team like Middlesbrough whos play style suits him to try get him in the market.
I would agree mate, we all love a siege defender but sadly we don’t need one. Those types get more sentiment though, I think it’s clear on the forum most of us love Niko.

Some of us can see his deficiencies though, he’s still only 24 & missed an important year of his development.

I’d like to think he can iron out those flaws, but a part of me thinks you can’t draw blood from a stone.

Regardless, think it’s fair to say he will be leaving on loan.

Potentially not, he looks tidy enough and useful to bring on later in games but I'm not sure he's at the level to lift us further. He probably done himself out of a move by signing a new deal before coming on loan as if he was cheap he'd be useful enough as a sub.

When you consider we have agreed to pay £3m to make the Zungu deal permanent the player IMHO will have to up his game a good deal to justify that fee and still be at Ibrox next season

For a few matches later in the season I’d like to see Zungu start in a midfield where he was the only change.

There’s something about his style I like and would hope he’d get more game time before a final decision is made.

I've said before he's struggled to get up to speed in matches when coming on as a late sub. I think if he started more matches he would get used to the speed and style of game up here.

Why do we want another centre half again? That’s 6 now I think.
Might be Balogan wants more money than we are prepared to pay for a 33 year old. Might be he doesn’t want to stay maybe downtown like Glasgow or something like that. Whatever the reason there is a reason that is for sure.
Gone are the days of us just signing players without a plan.

Might be Balogan wants more money than we are prepared to pay for a 33 year old. Might be he doesn’t want to stay maybe downtown like Glasgow or something like that. Whatever the reason there is a reason that is for sure.
Gone are the days of us just signing players without a plan.

We have the choice to activate a one year extension with balogun regardless of wether he wants more pay or not mate.

He’ll be here another year 100%

JASON Tindall confirmed Scottish giants Rangers had been in contact with Cherries duo Nnamdi Ofoborh and Jack Simpson.
Ibrox manager Steven Gerrard had also been in contact with the Cherries boss, who said the clubs would have to “wait and see” what happened in the coming days regarding the pair.
Both Simpson and Ofoborh are out of contract at Vitality Stadium in the summer, meaning Rangers, as a foreign club, are able to speak to the duo about potential pre-contract agreements.
As Ofoborh is under the age of 24, the Dorset club would be entitled to compensation if the midfielder is signed on a pre-contract deal. The Daily Echo understands Simpson would leave on a free.
Asked for the latest regarding the duo, Tindall told the Daily Echo: “Obviously both players are out of contract at the end of the season. Stevie Gerrard did make contact with me a few days ago.
“They are free to talk to teams due to their contract situation and Rangers are in a position to be able to do that now.

“Nothing has been finalised as yet in terms of ‘are they signed, or are they going to be signing there?’
“But they are in a position to talk to them – to see what the opportunities might be for them in the future at Rangers Football Club.”
Academy graduate Simpson has made nine Championship appearances for Cherries this season, starting on six occasions.
Ofoborh has been used from the bench on three occasions in the league this campaign.
Asked whether Cherries were still in talks with the duo about their futures at Vitality Stadium, Tindall replied: “We’ve been speaking to both of those players for a number of weeks now, about their future here at the football club.
“But those conversations are kept private in terms of negotiations and where that goes.
“But with any player that is out of contract in the summer – that has only got six months or so to run on their contract, you are always going to be in a position where you’ve got to accept that other clubs might want to speak to them and might want to sign them.

“That’s where we are. What happens now moving forward, we will have to wait and see in the next few days.”

I expect George to be sold, Katic will need a loan season somewhere to get game time next season, no use him sitting on the bench and effectively not playing for 2 seasons. Leon King still too young to be thrown in to much so expect a loan for him too. That leaves us with 3 (assuming we trigger Baloguns extension) so it makes sense to get one more in tbh.

Back