Braga on Thursday Atmosphere

Korova Milk Bar

Let’s put recent results behind us and get behind the team and cheer them on to victory.

First minute to the last, the place needs to be intimidating. Braga have been excellent recently winning the Portuguese League Cup and have climbed to the third in their league. Ibrox on a European Night can help the team perform better and beat the likes of Porto.

European Football is crucial for us to progress as a club in terms of prestige and financial gain.

Let’s Go!

Last edited:
WIll be a sell out and - the rafters will be lifted

fans need to show up - but i feel they well

They’ve played ten games in Europe this season winning eight and drawing two. They beat Brondy ( home and away), Spartak Moscow ( home and away), Wolves ( away- drew the home leg), Slovak Bratislava ( away, drew the home leg) and Besiktas ( home and away).

When we took care of Porto we were in form they were so so. As it stands we are badly off form and Braga are bang in form. But we have a great record against Portuguese teams, we are due to come into form and the conditions and pitch will be more favorable to us. So who knows for Thursday.

I can say without the slightest fear of being wrong, that the atmosphere on Thursday will be a lot better than the one on Sunday.

Keep in mind that we can expect some FARE representatives at the game so lets sing good Rangers songs and no naughty words that could lead to be being fined or worse.

For some reason I think we’ll win on Thursday and I’m pretty confident about that.

Something about European games just seems to make us click.

At least we will see a visiting team playing football.
We seem to go up a gear in Europe so lets hope we see it on Thursday.

Braga are third in their league, 17 points behind Benfica
They beat Benfica at the weekend away from home. They are also unbeaten in the 10 games they’ve played since their new manager came in. They have won 9 of those games beating Benfica, Porto and Sporting along the way.
This won’t be an easy game.

Just what we need. A really tough couple of games to shake us out of out lethargy. We have to be several levels above recent performances to even compete.

It'll start off with Blue Sea of Ibrox being belted out with gusto, then 3 stands will sit down and normal service will resume.

We should just go out and enjoy being in the knockout stages but that won't happen, unfortunately.

Anyone know why the game in Portugal is the only one being played on the Wednesday?

Both Teams won their groups but Porto being higher ranked had priority for the Thursday night fixture so theres no regional tv clash ie two teams from same country playing at same time.

Also why we can play Hearts at 5:30pm in the 1/4 final of the SC on Saturday 29th Feb.

I believe that Ibrox will be bouncing on Thursday night as long as we start well and put a good performance in.

If we start nervy, or God forbid concede early, it will become apparent in the stands.

Let’s put recent results behind us and get behind the team and cheer them on to victory.

First minute to the last, the place needs to be intimidating. Braga have been excellent recently winning the Portuguese League Cup and have climbed to the third in their league. Ibrox on a European Night can help the team perform better and beat the likes of Porto.

European Football is crucial for us to progress as a club in terms of prestige and financial gain.

Let’s Go!
Let’s go!

They’ve played ten games in Europe this season winning eight and drawing two. They beat Brondy ( home and away), Spartak Moscow ( home and away), Wolves ( away- drew the home leg), Slovak Bratislava ( away, drew the home leg) and Besiktas ( home and away).

When we took care of Porto we were in form they were so so. As it stands we are badly off form and Braga are bang in form. But we have a great record against Portuguese teams, we are due to come into form and the conditions and pitch will be more favorable to us. So who knows for Thursday.

One advantage that might help us on Thursday is that paddy field of a pitch at Ibrox, the Portuguese will not be happy with the field that we currently have and that could be an advantage to us...... here's hoping.

What happens on the pitch early doors will dictate the atmosphere. Let’s get at them from the off and the crowd will respond. I too feel strangely confident and absolutely no idea why based on their recent results versus ours.

Really excited to be playing in Europe in February. It's a massive achievement given where we have been in recent memory and shouldn't be overlooked just because of the dip in form since the break

Agree with OP, when Ecks team was bouncing around 2nd and 3rd place having a really poor domestic season, in Europe it was totally different atmosphere and everything else. I think it will be bouncing or as a fan base we’ve truly lost our way.

braga will obviously be our hardest game this year. The team really need a positive support.

If the team start brightly the atmosphere will be good.

If it’s a slow or patchy opening period then it’ll be back to the grumblefest we’ve become accustomed to.

Undoubtably, Braga are a good side, and are on fantastic form at the moment, I expect this to be the biggest challenge we've had in the Europa League this season - especially as we're now into the knockout rounds.

Their Europa League record was good in the groups as well, beating Wolves 1-0 away, and drawing 3-3 at home with them.

I'm not sure if Thursday night has came at a good time or a bad time tbh , ever since the winter break we have been in a rut football wise we just can't seem to get out of and if that continues onto Thursday I fear we'll get our arses handed to us , but on the other hand it could be the perfect game to get us back into our stride as I think most of our best performances this season has been in Europe. One thing's for sure, any player that ain't up for it on Thursday deserves to be punted in the summer

Back