Brian Laudrup in stark Rangers 'trust' claim as he pulls no punches over Aaron Ramsey and Amad Diallo

BlueMeanie

The Dane is convinced is convinced the lack of impact is playing a significant role amid their current domestic malaise.

1_Annan-Athletic-FC-v-Rangers-FC-Scottish-Cup.jpg

Laudrup wants more from Rangers (Image: SNS Group)

Beloved Rangers hero Brian Laudrup fears his former team's transfer business in January is having a sizeable impact on their stuttering title bid.
The Premiership champions have toiled since the winter break - having dropped points in five matches since the restart and trail Celtic by three points with 10 games remaining.

And Laudrup is convinced the lack of impact from their mid-season arrivals is playing a significant role amid their current domestic malaise.
Marquee Juventus loanee Aaron Ramsey has been beset by injury niggles and Manchester United winger Amad Diallo has struggled since a quick-fire debut against Ross County.
Both James Sands and Mateusz Zukowski have found Rangers opportunities limited in recent weeks.
And now the Danish wing king believes manager Gio van Bronckhorst has decisions to make over what comes next.

Speaking in his Daily Mail column, he said: "Giovanni van Bronckhorst's team have simply failed to gather necessary domestic results since the winter break. You could argue about a need to change personnel. But, for me, there is now an obvious concern on that front when you think back to the January window.
"At the midpoint of the season, you are looking for players who can offer fresh blood and impetus. But it just hasn't happened for Rangers. At least not yet.

"Look at Sunday as a perfect example. After Motherwell pulled it back to 2-2 with 14 minutes remaining, you think it's time to put on someone capable of making a difference in an attacking sense. A player who can create things and deliver a breakthrough.
"But Amad Diallo didn't get off the bench. As Rangers looked in vain for a winner, the Manchester United loanee wasn't asked to contribute. In fact, Kemar Roofe was the only substitute introduced with seven minutes remaining. That surely says something.
"Then you have the fact Aaron Ramsey again didn't make the squad as he tries, I assume, to get to the right condition after his well-publicised injury issues at Juventus. No one doubts Ramsey's huge quality but time is running out for this loan move to be effective. The Wales star has not been able to make the difference many hoped he would.
"James Sands was the other player added in January. We've seen bits and pieces from the American international, but not enough to say he is demanding a place in the starting line-up.
"In truth, it looks like Van Bronckhorst only truly trusts a certain portion of his squad to go and start games right now.

0_858772.jpg

(Image: SNS Group 0141 221 3602)
"Without that new blood from January being effective, and with Rangers still being in Europe, this relative lack of options can start to take a toll. It's not an excuse for under-performance or not getting the job done, but it can be a factor if the manager doesn't feel able to freshen things up.
"We all know it takes time to gel at a new club. But, for differing reasons, it seems Diallo, Ramsey and Sands haven't convinced Van Bronckhorst that they are yet able to go and take on major responsibility in this title race. For me, that's a huge problem.
"After Sunday's match, the Ibrox manager firmly defended the mentality of his players. Footballers, as I know very well, will always bristle at that being suggested as a potential reason for not winning matches.
"The problem, though, is that we're not talking about random results. There is an obvious pattern since the New Year. Eleven points have been dropped in eight games. Rangers have been unable to keep pressure on this newly-assembled Celtic team.
"There would have been upset players in the Ibrox dressing room on Sunday. I've no doubt they will talk to each other and try and deal with things in-house. But the only way to avoid people speaking or writing about mentality is to get the results. You must find a way."

Laudrup admits title rivals Celtic aren't at full throttle, however, he believes his former team have more questions to answer.
And he insists winning the next clash against Ange Postecoglou's side at Ibrox is a non-negotiable en route to the title.
He added: "The challenge for Rangers feels starker. It's uncomfortable territory for Van Bronckhorst's men right now. They haven't won an away league game since beating Hearts on December 12.
"That must change in Perth.

"Because they know if they drop points again, even with the next Old Firm game at home, it might end up being a deal-breaker come May.
"This is life at the sharp end of a high-pressure title race. We'll soon find out which side is better equipped to handle it."

According to plenty on FF the ones with concerns over the likes of Ramsey and Diallo are panty wetters - they’ve only been here weeks and have plenty time to shine.

Let’s be honest, it was another poor transfer window and not one of the four have contributed (not having a dig at Sands or Zukowski).

According to plenty on FF the ones with concerns over the likes of Ramsey and Diallo are panty wetters - they’ve only been here weeks and have plenty time to shine.

Let’s be honest, it was another poor transfer window and not one of the four have contributed (not having a dig at Sands or Zukowski).
I dont understand the Sands one either though

Someone who played alot of games at cb for new York but Gio decided to play Lundstram there on Sunday? Does he trust him?

Who is the last player we brought in who is a regular starter for us? Kent maybe?

Can’t think of many we’ve signed over last 2/3 years who start and make any kind of difference to us

That’s appalling

He’s not wrong but if they’ve hardly played they can’t be made scapegoats for shockers like Motherwell at the weekend - the right people need held to account
I know what u are saying but I don’t think that the point he’s trying to make, 3 of the 4 are fit and if not getting on them you must assume they are not better than what’s on the park and if Ramsey was 4-6 weeks off fitness when he signed then what’s the point (given what we mush be paying him?)

Someone who played alot of games at cb for new York but Gio decided to play Lundstram there on Sunday? Does he trust him?

I like Sands from the glimpses we've had so far, but Gio must be seeing something else.

If you want that ball-playing defender it's surely Sands over neutering our central midfield and putting Lundstram back.

I like Sands from the glimpses we've had so far, but Gio must be seeing something else.

If you want that ball-playing defender it's surely Sands over neutering our central midfield and putting Lundstram back.
Makes no sense to me mate!

Especially when Gio threw him into the game at Pittodrie and has hardly kicked a ball since

Did our manger swing the lead and depart for fûck all?
Departed for a good fee.

Didn’t exactly exert himself in his final season, and his injuries miraculously healed when he could leave.

Not really sure though what the cheap dig has to do with his main point?

Do you disagree with him?

What exactly was the point in signing Sands or Zukowski when we could have bought Souter ? A proven SPL defender.

As for the kid from Man U. Never heard of him before he arrived. Doubt I’ll hear of him again once goes.

Ramsay, a gamble that hasn’t paid off.

We’re a club obsessed with squad fillers and it’s been like that for over 3 windows now.

I got a ban from FF for saying far less than that about the quality of our January signings and the fitness of a certain Mr. Ramsey!!

The Lundstrum selection had me worried before the start of the game,I don't feel Kamara is contributing he slows the game by continually going sideways or backwards and on Sunday from early in the game it was clear that Arfield was not performing as I don't know what his function is in the team now,we need a lot of new faces at the end of the season,a keeper who comes off his line at least 2 forward going midfielders and some fit centre backs,it's a tall order but some of our players have been so long with the club and need either retired or moved on.

Brian Laudrup is spot on

The 4 new additions in January have not helped push the existing squad to maintain high standards and push the rest of the squad

Diallo scored on his debut but he’s not coped well with the expectations and after the OF game he looks scared and hardly featured since

Ramsey was clearly unfit and not able to stay in team to build up his match fitness

Sands and the back up RB haven’t contributed either

After Thursdays mental and physical exertion we needed others to help and that didn’t happen

Having 5 subs and only using 1 on the 82nd minute shows the manager didn’t think the others could contribute which is clearly worrying

Tomorrow v St Johnstone will tell us whether this squad and management team have the fight in them in the SPL to get a win

The highs from both Dortmund games to lows in the following league games have been hard to take

The manager must demand the same level of hunger and desire to win and win ugly if necessary but just win ffs

The inescapable elephant in the room that nobody really wants to face up to here is our finances.

This is having a big effect on our ability (or lack of) to add the sort of quality to the squad we really needed to build on last season.

Failure to qualify for the CL deprived us of a bigger budget that might well have been enough to persuade Gerrard to stay.

As it was we didn’t and our summer recruitment was more or less just a process of augmenting the current squad rather than improving it.

January was no different.

There needs to be significant outgoings at the end of this season, even if we win the title, in order to rejuvenate the squad and bring fresh impetus and verve to our play because the money simply isn’t there otherwise.

My memory’s a tad hazy but didn’t Laudrup publicly ask to leave after 9IAR so we’d get a fee and Rangers didn’t want to sell?
That’s what happened. But still might as well ignore the content of the argument for a cheap dig at a player who more or less carries us to two mammoth titles.

Sakala and Lundstram both have.
Lundstram has only came good the last few weeks. Most wanted him hunted the first few months of the season.

Sakala granted looks a good player but again I wouldn't class him as an automatic starter that can be relied on for goals

The inescapable elephant in the room that nobody really wants to face up to here is our finances.

This is having a big effect on our ability (or lack of) to add the sort of quality to the squad we really needed to build on last season.

Failure to qualify for the CL deprived us of a bigger budget that might well have been enough to persuade Gerrard to stay.

As it was we didn’t and our summer recruitment was more or less just a process of augmenting the current squad rather than improving it.

There needs to be significant outgoings at the end of this season, even if we win the title, in order to rejuvenate the squad and bring fresh impetus and verve to our play because the money simply isn’t there otherwise.
But according to Stuart Robertson we should be financially stable and painted a rosier picture,according to the Sky interview. The past two or three transfer windows have been poor and if the Board shelled out on one quality player in each of those windows there's absolutely no doubt we'd have been far better off now and I just think they should've speculated to accumulate. So how rosey in truth is the picture behind the scenes.

I think this is it a nutshell.

I’ve said before I’m grateful to the board, and think they are well intentioned. I don’t think they are wealthy enough to bring sustained success to us.

After the Australian fiasco, their judgment is also certainly questionable at best.

Back