Brian Rice Interview on Heart and Hand

Tormusk1872

Absolutely top drawer interview by the two guys from Heart and Hand and an outstanding bit of journalism. Brian Rice was a fabulous, honest, straightforward, funny and insightful guest. He has had a great career and is very interesting.

I would encourage all to listen to the best 90 minutes interview you will hear in a long time, and it’s free on the Heart and Hand site.

Last edited:
He did one on Radio Scotland with Brian McLuaghlin last week and it was very good. Very funny and insightful stories about Brian Clough.

Do I need to have signed up through Patreon to hear this? Used to be all signed up but Christ knows what happened. Bit of a technophobe.

Do I need to have signed up through Patreon to hear this? Used to be all signed up but Christ knows what happened. Bit of a technophobe.

If you’ve had a new bank card you will have to update your details on Patreon or they’ll lock you out as they can’t take payment.

I'm sure the Heart and Hand boys said it was going up for free on Friday to allow non subscribers to listen.

Really enjoyable listen. Brian Rice comes over as a really decent guy. He seemed really comfortable with the 2 heart and hand guys and had some great stories to tell. He's a real football guy with no agenda. Scottish football would be a better place with more managers like him.

How long before he gets abused for daring to appear on a Rangers minded pod . And It won’t be from accies fans .

I look forward to listening in later

Started it earlier and looking forward to hearing the rest of it. Well done to the boys done on getting a current top flight manager on.

Excellent interview. Really enjoyed that this morning

Brian Rice comes across as a really decent guy and immersed in football

I hope he beats his addiction and good luck to him

Well done H&H. Proper sports pod interview and putting the SMSM to shame

Glad you highlighted the shameful Sunday Mail headline which was way out of order. Sure it was that tadger Waddell who made very poor taste comments regarding Brian Rice and his gambling addiction

Typical of the gutter press to shame someone who was brave enough to admit his issues. Good luck Brian Rice

Brian Rice is a top bloke and a thoroughly decent human being.

The interview is superb - something you won't hear in the Scottish MSM unless it's Si Ferry.

Funny, engaging, serious, open.

I'm 1 hour in on it driving to work this morning - absolutely brilliant.
To be honest, I didn't really know too much about his career but finding it really interesting.
Seems like a decent big proper football man!
Hoping to hearing the end of it and fit in the Daily update on my journey home this evening.
Great job to all involved!

I'm about halfway through it so far and it's a really good listen.
I like his philosophy on how the game should be played, Aberdeen and Hearts should take note.

How long before he gets abused for daring to appear on a Rangers minded pod . And It won’t be from accies fans .

I look forward to listening in later
He appears to ge doing quite a few interviews. The Ev Times are quoting from a talk he had with a paper called Lanarkshire Live!

Listened to this today and really enjoyed it,for a man who has no connection to Rangers,talking so openly on a Rangers podcast,I came away really liking the guy,came across has the type a guy anyone would enjoy having a pint with.
So refreshing to hear him talking about Scottish football and how teams that park the bus does his but in.

Grew up a Celtic man but a true football man. Compare and contrast to the others in the game here.

Grew up a Celtic man but a true football man. Compare and contrast to the others in the game here.
He claims not to be a Celtic man or a Rangers man (or boy). His father took him to see Rangers, Celtic, Hearts, Hibs and mostly Falkirk.

Brilliant listen. I would imagine he has a future on the after dinner circuit after football.

We'd mornings are always the Advocat McLeish and Le Guen docs for me but I was intrigued about this and out it on 1st. Wow what an I terview. 100 minutes of honesty interest and informative chat. Loved it. Stephen and Chris asked all the right questions and Brian Rice was such an engaging person to listen to. All the interviews that have been on Hand H have been fabulous and the best thing is that the listener is not treated like an idiot. These are the kind of interviews the MSM should be doing, but can only dream of!

We'd mornings are always the Advocat McLeish and Le Guen docs for me but I was intrigued about this and out it on 1st. Wow what an I terview. 100 minutes of honesty interest and informative chat. Loved it. Stephen and Chris asked all the right questions and Brian Rice was such an engaging person to listen to. All the interviews that have been on Hand H have been fabulous and the best thing is that the listener is not treated like an idiot. These are the kind of interviews the MSM should be doing, but can only dream of!

I didn’t think it needed 2 interviewers and I’ll refrain from stating which one of them the interview didn’t need.

Not having that, I thought Steven and Chris were both really good with him.

It is possible for 2 folk to have differing opinions. Mine is that the interview didn’t need the pair of them to conduct it.

Have that :))

Back