Brian Wilson article in The Herald, "What did the SNP expect in George Square"

Rangers missed a trick by not revealing that the clubs suggestion had been rejected, with no compromise offered.

Rangers FC needs to stop being so “nice” in all of this.
The club in this environment remind me of the scene in the film Braveheart where the English King is thinking about who to send to negotiate with the rampaging Scots. He muses that he can’t send his soft effeminate son - as one sight of him would only encourage his enemies to attack.

Rangers are so soft in this propaganda-laden environment that we actively encourage attacks from our enemies. Not so much the effeminate son - but a very obliging target that doesn’t even seem to realise they are in a propaganda war against people who will never stop until their own bias and bigotry is called out.

The club in this environment remind me of the scene in the film Braveheart where the English King is thinking about who to send to negotiate with the rampaging Scots. He muses that he can’t send his soft effeminate son - as one sight of him would only encourage his enemies to attack.

Rangers are so soft in this propaganda-laden environment that we actively encourage attacks from our enemies. Not so much the effeminate son - but a very obliging target that doesn’t even seem to realise they are in a propaganda war against people who will never stop until their own bias and bigotry is called out.
100%

We invite so much of it by playing nice and not seeking to upset anyone.
It hasn’t worked in the last 30yrs that I’ve been conscious of it all.

If it's the Labour MP, then Wilson is pure Rangers hating filth.

His words are there to try and harm the Natsis and nothing to do with trying to stand our corner.

Some people are easy pleased.
There’s old school of Rangers hating then there’s this new breed who take it to levels of sheer dehumanising blind hatred and intimidation without reason or any semblance of Balance

Wilson doesn’t pretend he likes Rangers but he can at least see Saturday for what it was and put it out there

Brian Wilson was/is no fiend of Rangers pretty sure he was part of the Labour Westminster Celtic cabal that included Dr Death, however that said credit where it is due that was a well written and balanced article firmly pointing the finger at the SNP, GCC & PS who orchestrated this and all got what they wanted as they knew they would.
Wilson is a Bheggar, no doubt about it. As SSJack says - he is an old school Bheggar and I genuinely miss that attitude.

I don’t think the current climate sits well with him though. He is no supporter of the SNP and sometimes the enemy of your enemy is your friend.. for a while at least.

Wilson has certainly thrown a better light on the nonsense of Saturday than anyone else so far.

Back