Brit working for Qatar WC dies in unexplained circumstances

Imagine holding the World Cup where women supporters are being warned about reporting rape. The whole thing is disgusting.

I get your point but it is The Sun, if it was held wherever they said was top all comps would be held in Elche and Alicante because you can get pissed for under £40.

I get your point but it is The Sun, if it was held wherever they said was top all comps would be held in Elche and Alicante because you can get pissed for under £40.

But this isn’t the first time something bad had happened to people working there and it just keeps getting ignored.

But this isn’t the first time something bad had happened to people working there and it just keeps getting ignored.

Somet bad everywhere mind ain’t there, it shouldn’t have got it I think we all know that - I just don’t think our own nation is that perfect itself. You could have this in Holland and many folk saying they won’t be going to this one wouldn’t go to Holland either. Just something to moan about.

Not the first person to die in connection with this rancid world cup

I really don't care a toss about it or any team playing in it

No player has boycotted it which says everything about footballers that gets covered up when they act as do gooders for some cheap publicity
There will be no rainbow laces in Qatar.

This WC will be some laugh. I wonder how the female presenters will be treated, and the players will be in for a fright when they want to have a few drinks on their days off

And then there's the normal fans. It's not worth going to

This WC will be some laugh. I wonder how the female presenters will be treated, and the players will be in for a fright when they want to have a few drinks on their days off

And then there's the normal fans. It's not worth going to

Alcohol is going to be available, so I’d imagine it will be for the players as well. I doubt they’ll get a fright.

Somet bad everywhere mind ain’t there, it shouldn’t have got it I think we all know that - I just don’t think our own nation is that perfect itself. You could have this in Holland and many folk saying they won’t be going to this one wouldn’t go to Holland either. Just something to moan about.
Why wouldn’t they go to Holland? Hookers too expensive?

Mind teams were refusing to play, and a few bigger Nations said as much as well.

I take it that was all forgotten and no one cares now.

Missing the point, they wouldn’t go to these comps full stop - just want a moan about something.
See you saying Spain would be your favourite destination. I think mine would be Australia as a travelling fan. Think they would put on a spectacular World Cup. I'm planning on going to the USA/Canada/Mexico one.

See you saying Spain would be your favourite destination. I think mine would be Australia as a travelling fan. Think they would put on a spectacular World Cup. I'm planning on going to the USA/Canada/Mexico one.

I’d struggle to afford Australia to be honest, although I’d just do the usual I try and do - the full second round, long way to go for that mind. I hope we get put in Mexico City if we make it, I’d go the groups if we got that. I plan to go there off my own back before then mind.

I’d struggle to afford Australia to be honest, although I’d just do the usual I try and do - the full second round, long way to go for that mind. I hope we get put in Mexico City if we make it, I’d go the groups if we got that. I plan to go there off my own back before then mind.
Mexico City really interests me but I've fancied Toronto for a long time so swithering between Toronto and the NE of USA or Mexico City and Florida region.

Mexico City really interests me but I've fancied Toronto for a long time so swithering between Toronto and the NE of USA or Mexico City and Florida region.

It’s a bit different I guess if going and not following a specific nation, which I think that’s what you’ll do. Easier to plan etc in advance obviously. These World Cups for start to finish following a nation are rich man’s games now.

Whit?
A man just lost his life.
You’re not well.
Not that it makes it any less horrific but the guy has not just lost his life.
He was killed in 2019 and the The Times is clearly trying to update the story for their own purposes.
The idea is clearly to rightfully embarrass the regime.
As I had read the story, and seen the dates, I did not feel it was inappropriate to point out how dangerous Scotland has become.in recent years if you speak out against the Natsis!!!

Missing the point, they wouldn’t go to these comps full stop - just want a moan about something.
Every right to moan about the World Cup being held in Qatar considering how the country is. I’m sure many saying they won’t be going wouldn’t be going regardless but there will definitely be people boycotting due to the issues of a World Cup being held in Qatar. Ridiculous for footballing reasons let alone their horrific human rights.

Every right to moan about the World Cup being held in Qatar considering how the country is. I’m sure many saying they won’t be going wouldn’t be going regardless but there will definitely be people boycotting due to the issues of a World Cup being held in Qatar. Ridiculous for footballing reasons let alone their horrific human rights.

Agree but I got bored of it 6 month back and gave up.

What did you do to change it? How many world cups out the last 6 have you been to?

Why do we bother with these backward looking third world countries?

…oh thats right, oil

We pay these arabs a fortune to kill the planet

Still sickens me that these knuckle draggers have been awarded a WC. Amazing what FIFA greed and oil money can do eh.

I stayed in Qatar for a month and I have to say it'd odd beyond belief.

Stayed in a suit on the 73 floor of the intercontinental Hotel. Bigger than me house in Glasgow! Anyway an incredible view from the windows on 3 sides. So plenty of places I wanted to go an see and explore. All these sky scrappers and feats of engineering.

Anyway when I arrived travelled from the airport to the hotel on a Monday lunch time first thing I thought was what an amazing line up of buildings as I approached. Drive straight through the city centre at lunch time and my first thought is where is all the people. Maybe it's too hot and no one comes out for lunch maybe that's the culture. But I mean I saw like 2 people in a city centre equivalent to NYC or London.

Anyway as said previously I wanted to walk and explore all the sights I see from my window. All the buildings are empty and I mean empty the facades are there but there is nothing in them.

The streets are empty there is no one or anything anywhere. The only buildings I saw populated had ministry of or department of outside them so basically government buildings.

I found the whole place just very odd. Certainly won't rush back there to work.

Not that it means anything and it’s probably more than a little dense but I will not be watching a minute of it.
It might as a football fan be sacrilege, but I am with you…find the WC tiresome to say the least.

Give me the UEFA European Championships any day.

I hope the individuals family gets answers, I doubt they will, all covered up by the most open cartel in the world.

Someone dies and folk on here go straight to the Denmark kit, BLM and Harry Kane wearing a rainbow coloured captain’s armband.

Not normal or well adjusted people.
Simply calling out all the empty gestures. if there was any real meaning behind these, all the campaigns for to end racism, rainbow rights etc, the players would simply say they do not want to be selected.
That would feed up to the respective FAs who would then be obligated to withdraw. 4 or 5 big euro nations pull out and the WC is moved or axed.
Thats what would happen if all these gestures truly had any meaning behind them.

I am perfectly normal and well adjusted , thanks

I’m in two minds about it.

While their human rights record and ethics leave a lot to be desired, perhaps one of the best way to change attitudes in these types of places is to bring Westernised events like the WC to them.

I think that is the logic with it. We'll see how it goes.

Russia was meant to be awful as well, but I recall it going well.

Someone dies and folk on here go straight to the Denmark kit, BLM and Harry Kane wearing a rainbow coloured captain’s armband.

Not normal or well adjusted people.
Thousands have died in the making of this world cup. The Qataris have treated the labourers like expendable slaves rather than humans. It's a total disregard for basic human rights before you even look at their medieval approach to things like freedom of speech and sexuality.

Fcking sick of these desert petro-countries. A few decades ago they were just goat herders wandering round an arid shitthole.

Agree but I got bored of it 6 month back and gave up.

What did you do to change it? How many world cups out the last 6 have you been to?
Signed plenty of petitions etc but it’s clear there’s no way to change it now. I was however surprised that players with massive platforms had no issues with it, especially with the social change football was advocating for in the last couple of seasons.

Haven’t been to a World Cup yet mainly because of my age and the financial side of it. Not sure the current economy is making it any easier but it is something on the bucket list!

Signed plenty of petitions etc but it’s clear there’s no way to change it now. I was however surprised that players with massive platforms had no issues with it, especially with the social change football was advocating for in the last couple of seasons.

Haven’t been to a World Cup yet mainly because of my age and the financial side of it. Not sure the current economy is making it any easier but it is something on the bucket list!

All money mate. Loads of things I’m sure we would both like to change in the world but we can’t. Although it’s hard not to the more we prattle on about them ultimately it just depresses us. I can’t wait for this year to be over personally football wise.

The unexplained circumstances about why he was killed/died could be anything from being gay to holding hands with a woman on the pavement. A country with such disdain for human rights shows everything that is wrong with the botomfeeders that run football.
He was working for Qutar to promote the world cup and wanted to leave. Then arrested and claimed to be a Saudi agent. Next found hanged.

I’m not watching this World Cup.

I said at the time I don’t recognise it as an official World Cup, played in midwinter in a non football country. An absolute sham and won’t be part of my life.

Back