Broomloan Rear Toilets

Do we have an in-house maintenance team?
A multi-skilled maintenance team that can work 5-7 days a week going around the stadium and carrying out essential maintenance work?

Its not that difficult to organise and would cost less than £100k a year on wages.

The whole stadium and surrounding area needs a good wash. The roundabout at the Broomloan road end is over grown with weeds. The brick work all round the place needs jet washed and just generally cleaned up.

There should be a dedicated team that are responsible for this. A job I would love to be fair. Its our home. We should be house proud.

There should be family toilets in each stand.

Absolute joke having to take young kids into the Stars in your Eyes studio with neds smoking, drinking and tanning gear everywhere
Never mind the kids , they are not fit for anyone to use.
The idiots are easily caught who make the toilets an embarrassment.
Throw them out and remove their season tickets.
Most toilets in Ibrox are the same.

Toilets at gf4 are howling noticed how bad it was against Newcastle. Considering it was first game back. It’s a disgrace

The toilets in the west enclosure are a disgrace as well. Same issue with paper towels in there today, also. I had to dry my hands on my t-shirt ffs.

The stadium as a whole isn't a child friendly environment. Toilets have been an issue for years.

after seeing so many kids about today having to wear ear defenders, i was curious enough to measure how loud the music was pre match and it was over 90db - that’s crazy imo and just another hurdle for making it a friendly environment

The family stand is a joke, nothing’s family about it
It’s a disgrace. Although I didn’t get the joy of my seat today. For some reason my ticket wasn’t allocated/automatically paid for. Although only found out when i tried to enter.

Back on point. The facilities in the ‘family stand’ are disgusting/embarrassing/shocking.

A multi-skilled maintenance team that can work 5-7 days a week going around the stadium and carrying out essential maintenance work?

Its not that difficult to organise and would cost less than £100k a year on wages.

The whole stadium and surrounding area needs a good wash. The roundabout at the Broomloan road end is over grown with weeds. The brick work all round the place needs jet washed and just generally cleaned up.

There should be a dedicated team that are responsible for this. A job I would love to be fair. Its our home. We should be house proud.
We do have a Maintenance Team.

Your £100k figure is well out though. By the time you include NI contributions, pension contributions etc your £100k a year is getting you a max of 3 full time employees, probably only 2 if you factor in overtime payments. A £30k salary is probably costing the employer closer to £35k.

Sit in main stand rear, toilets are fine

However every time I go to Hampden toilets I think I’m in stars in their eyes with the amount of smoke in there

Could make the Donald Findlay comment but would probably be banned

The stadium as a whole isn't a child friendly environment. Toilets have been an issue for years.

I've never taken my daughter to a game for this very reason. Know she'd need to pee at least twice during a match and refuse to expose her to that.

Will wait til she's old enough to use the female toilets on her own. Presume they are a bit better

%^*& paying to weed the councils land for them.

We don't. The Main Stand toilets are howling as well and have been for as long as I can remember.

The women’s are brand new. I’ve obviously never been in the guys to know. Sounds like the toilets are something the club could be doing with improving in that case.

Your £100k figure is well out though. By the time you include NI contributions, pension contributions etc your £100k a year is getting you a max of 3 full time employees, probably only 2 if you factor in overtime payments. A £30k salary is probably costing the employer closer to £35k.

I'd be wanting more than 30k to sort out the toilets at Ibrox lol

Some laugh as well when you have a fruit shoot took off you at the turnstile yet get some zoomer a row behind dropping his half bottle of whiskey right infront of your kids feet
The woman in front of me in the queue got her bag searched a few mins ahead of time. The queue was long.

Her and her kid. She tried to stash some vodka and coke cans.

Classy

Rather than hand them over, she ‘negotiated’ being allowed to tan them before going in

Would soon be sorted if the Directors etc had to use them. It's a disgrace that they are so bad and it's also a disgrace that some of it is down to our own support.
I’ve said many times. Our directors should live the life of a fan on match day.

It would be an eye opener.

BR1 today. A queue of hundreds to get in from 40 mins before kick off and getting longer. An abomination of a turnstile - the ceiling missing and all wires etc exposed.

The facilities and I use that term loosely are rancid.

However.

In through the main doors, up the marble stairs, into the blue room and into the padded seats. Cracking. I agree. The rest. Feck it. I’ll be honest. Utter garbage.

It may be regarded as a sexist comment but put a woman in charge of the toilets in each stand.
Within a week you would see a massive improvement in hygiene standards and she would also shame the jackey drug taking bastards into altering their antisocial behaviour.
Next thing would be curbing the habits of the sad, pathetic, nicotine junkies who can't go 90 minutes without polluting the air with their noxious substances.

Last edited:
Usually sit in the Main Stand but sat in the Broomloan rear today.

Toilets are absolute disgrace..Absolutely stinking and no paper towel roll before h/t.

How hard is it to put air fresheners down the urinals and for some steward to check everything is in order throughout the game regarding paper towels !

They are a total disgrace mate. My kids refuse to use them and no wonder.

I've never taken my daughter to a game for this very reason. Know she'd need to pee at least twice during a match and refuse to expose her to that.

Will wait til she's old enough to use the female toilets on her own. Presume they are a bit better
I’ve wondered about the specific situation of a dad having to take a daughter to the toilets in Ibrox if it would be possible to use the disabled facilities. I assume every stand has to have disabled facilities. Kids in general shouldn’t be exposed to the state of the ‘gents’ but a wee girl never should.

West Enclosure should have water sprinklers switched on at half time the stink of cigarette/cannabis smoke is bogging, that might get rid off the Neanderthals!

Was wanting to start a post about this exact same thing.

Family stand my hole. Place looks like a crack den and that’s putting it mildly

Taking a 5 year old in to a cloud of smoking glass bottles and unable to use toilet for folk coming in and out doing gear in the toilet.

This has happened 2-3 times in last year.

Fucking abysmal.
Same detail, tried to take my autistic son into the toilets on tuesday night, the cubicles fulla of smokers and the tuesday night snorters living in a bubble.

Need start clamping down on such plebs, trying to encourage the next generation into Ibrox without being met by this. Toilets are stinking.

I think that's why they don't bother spending money.

I avoid Govan Frint at all cost if possible.

T in the park portaloos were better than these
The need to employ stewards or security with enough balls to start grabbing the offenders and making examples.

I know the SJ lower opens exits for the dirty smokers at half time.

Its went on for aslong as i can remember but needs put to an end now.

The need to employ stewards or security with enough balls to start grabbing the offenders and making examples.

I know the SJ lower opens exits for the dirty smokers at half time.

Its went on for aslong as i can remember but needs put to an end now.
No steward is doing that job fir minimum wage. Got to also remember theres no cctv in toilets. They would be putting themselves as risk. I dont blame them tbh. You need police in every toilet to stop it but theres a very large cost to that so obviously rangers decide to look the other way.

It was the daftest thing ever closing the smoking area at the broomloan. I get the reason they didnt want the songs sung but its counter productive. Rather songs were sung than people exposed to smoke imo

3 bodies for £100k a year? To fire fight and clean up the stadium? Thats money well spent to me. The stadium and surrounding needs a right deep clean

The Copland rear isn't much better. I took my son in today and he asked why the toilets were so stinky and didn't want to do the toilet in there. Thankfully he only needed a pee because there is no way I'd let my son do a toalie in the one trap that is absolutely filthy.
Was in 15 minutes before kick off, absolutely honking with stale piss. No paper towels either, bloody disgraceful.
At the Newcastle game went in at full time, honking and urinals awash with paper towels in the troughs.

They're not lovely, but they're generally tidy and don't smell too bad at all. Always had loo roll etc when I have used them.

“First impressions are everything”

Im sure everyone would agree?

Ive been to stadiums all over the world. First impressions count. Trust me.

Our stadium and surrounding needs a deep clean and a freshen up.

The toilets on the whole are absolutely disgraceful. To have to sit on a pish stained block of wood if you have to take a shite is beyond embarrassing. It’s also just grotty & unhygienic.
Also there'd be no toilet paper and no lock on the door ...gives me the fear

Unfortunately we have an element of pond life within our support that don’t know how to behave. You could make them like the ritz and they would be ruined within a fortnight. Time for rangers to employ proper security in each toilet to stop the smoking, drinking and cocaine. That said there is no excuse for no toilet roll etc.
The club are well aware of what's going on and have been for years. They simply don't care. Would never dream of taking my kids into the place as it stands.

Unfortunately we have an element of pond life within our support that don’t know how to behave. You could make them like the ritz and they would be ruined within a fortnight. Time for rangers to employ proper security in each toilet to stop the smoking, drinking and cocaine. That said there is no excuse for no toilet roll etc.
Posted this numerous times.
The behaviour in the toilets are a disgrace.
Folk are taking young kids into toilets which putting it kindly are not fit for purpose.
The club need to have a police presence in the concourse to support stewards in trying to address the inappropriate behaviours of a section of our fanbase.

Last edited:
It's obvious little or no cleaning and maintenance is done.
Surely the time was close season to clean the stadium from top to bottom?
I work for the same company that cleans Ibrox and they’re massively struggling to get people to cover the shifts. Mostly agency workers, who are usually not as good and will cost the club even more money.

Posted this numerous times.
The behaviour in the toilets are a disgrace.
Folk are taking young kids into toilets which putting kindly are not fit for purpose.
The club need to have a police presence in the concourse to support stewards in trying to address the inappropriate behaviours of a section of our fanbase.

It’s not just in the regular toilets. Last game of the season I went into the toilets at club72 and I was the only one in so picked the urinal closest to the window.

Two guys come in and tell me to move mid piss and I told them to bolt. They wanted the window ledge to do cocaine. Club needs to stamp this out. Sniffer dogs the lot. Got absolutely no place at Ibrox

It’s not just in the regular toilets. Last game of the season I went into the toilets at club72 and I was the only one in so picked the urinal closest to the window.

Two guys come in and tell me to move mid piss and I told them to bolt. They wanted the window ledge to do cocaine. Club needs to stamp this out. Sniffer dogs the lot. Got absolutely no place at Ibrox
At least the toilets in there are decent though.

The club are well aware of what's going on and have been for years. They simply don't care. Would never dream of taking my kids into the place as it stands.
I’m sure your dad took you to use the toilet back in the day at Ibrox and other grounds as did mine when they were a million times worse than today.Your kids will survive as did you and I.

These toilet threads do amuse me.

It's the info about people taking cocaine in there that really annoys me. Can't be doing with junkies. They don't give a shit about anyone but themselves.
Without going to deep into the coke thing I really can't understand why folk would do it at the football. My heart rate is through the roof at most games, if coke was added to the mix I'd need a defibulator to see me through the match.

At least the toilets in there are decent though.

They definitely are but that should be the standard throughout the stadium. The main toilets are a complete disgrace but it’s the scumbags abusing them that’s the main problem. Half bottles everywhere

Back