Build up to McCausland goal yesterday?

Gunnerger

Minor gripe from yesterday game. Did you notice the Hearts player going down holding his head hoping for the game to be stopped?
Even seeing it live he wasn’t touched by McCausland in the build up. Players that try this should be punished to try put a stop to this.

Bingo!!!!!!

I take that back, players that do have a serious head knock would try and cover up they are injured. A head injury is a special case, but VAR should look at it and see if he does have a head knock, and give a yellow card if not.

An independent Dr to view and determine if a concussion check is required.

Tbh I thought there was adequate space between the players to make it a safe movement by Ross .

Still wasn’t sure it would stand though

10 minutes recovery time on the sidelines for a concussion check would put a halt to it
Wasn't there talk of trialling something akin to this, where if a player is down injured for x amount of time, they then have to go off the pitch for the same x amount of time (down for 3 mins, stay on sideline for 3 mins)

Same before Lawrence scored v Kilmarnock. Actually made the player out of position when we ran towards their box. Can imagine the conversation after, you should have stayed on your feet, but gaffer it’s you that told us to go down!

yep it's every game against us now, mostly at corners. that stunt he tried to pull yesterday was ridiculous. If they go down holding their heads it should be 5 minutes off the pitch for a mandatory check.

It would cut all the nonsense out immediately and mean the serious cases will get dealt with correctly.

10 minutes recovery time on the sidelines for a concussion check would put a halt to it
I think a 3-4 minute precaution period for observation would stop the practice of going down with a head knock to break the flow of the game
a lot of teams are going down with head knocks at corners care more than ever before suggesting it’s a deliberate tactic
If genuine then it makes sure a player

yep it's every game against us now, mostly at corners. that stunt he tried to pull yesterday was ridiculous. If they go down holding their heads it should be 5 minutes off the pitch for a mandatory check.

It would cut all the nonsense out immediately and mean the serious cases will get dealt with correctly.
The mhanks are famous for going down holding there head now a few other teams seem to be doing it now really needs to be cut out

Minor gripe from yesterday game. Did you notice the Hearts player going down holding his head hoping for the game to be stopped?
Even seeing it live he wasn’t touched by McCausland in the build up. Players that try this should be punished to try put a stop to this.

It was Cochrane and he did it last season at Hampden and got Cantwell wrongly booked. Feigning a head knock is becoming one of my biggest bug bears in our game.

The rule is in place for all the right reasons but players are trying to exploit it

its so common... want to stop the game, grab your head... I agree any concern re a head injury should mean an off-field assessment as in rugby!

Saw that at the time.Maybe VAR should be used at the time and give them a red not a yellow card for feigning injury the tramps do it all the time

Said the same thing when it happened. They need to cut this out as its becoming ridiculous.

I'm struggling to say these words, but credit to Robertson for not biting.

We all know there would be plenty of refs in this country who would have chopped off the goal

Yes cheating at its best and I know another mob who do it

It was Cochrane and he did it last season at Hampden and got Cantwell wrongly booked. Feigning a head knock is becoming one of my biggest bug bears in our game.

The rule is in place for all the right reasons but players are trying to exploit it

Players are being told to exploit it by their managers.

You don't get more blatant than the Killie player a few weeks at Ibrox in the lead up to our third goal.

Mental that he's looking like a starter in a SC Final v Celtic. He's Motherwell-level.
So, after a game against Dundee where he gets a (important) goal and then an assist, he's just played against the 3rd best team in the league, scored one, put in the cross that Silva scored from and should have had another assist for the chance Dessers managed to somehow miss in the first half and that's your comment in a completely unrelated thread? The kid has just turned 21 and is in his first full season as a senior player. Maybe consider supporting him and see how he develops?

The problem with so long is that you are also punishing people who really have had a knock

How are we punishing someone who really has had a knock? He goes off immediately and is replaced. No questions asked.

The Killie player and that Hearts player should have been carded. A red would soon make the cheats think twice and those with a legitimate head knock, surely they should be replaced anyway?

How are we punishing someone who really has had a knock? He goes off immediately and is replaced. No questions asked.

The Killie player and that Hearts player should have been carded. A red would soon make the cheats think twice and those with a legitimate head knock, surely they should be replaced anyway?
i would agree top that if there was a head injury substitute that just came on for the 10-minute spell, but to punish a team with who had a genuine head injury I find too harsh.

Red cards for diving/simulation would soon solve a lot of issues.

Advocated it for a long time. Its cheating.

i would agree top that if there was a head injury substitute that just came on for the 10-minute spell, but to punish a team with who had a genuine head injury I find too harsh.

I can see where you are coming from. But with the deliberate cheating how can you tell?

Now I'd argue (not with you) most players and refs will instantly and instictively realise when an injury to the head is serious. Usually, they are out of it straight away. How many players do we actually see being stretchered off due to a head injury?

However, something needs to be done about the players diving around with non existent head injuries. That's coming from managers. Nothing will convince me otherwise.

Yep. I had a thought that it would go to VAR and get ruled out for high feet/dangerous play - as would be typical for us in this shitehole.

This feigning of head injury needs to be stamped out. It's pathetic.
It's horrific. You've got guys that have taken serious life-threatening head knocks but these fannies are pretending to have suffered likewise. It's altogether different from holding your leg for a bit long. It badly needs dealt with by officials.

I thought at the time the foot was high
The tarts player ducked out seeing it
I expected Var to rule it out seeing what I saw.
Then he holds his head when not being touched, did that affect the Var ref?

Modern day fitba', embarrassing as feck at times!

It's horrific. You've got guys that have taken serious life-threatening head knocks but these fannies are pretending to have suffered likewise. It's altogether different from holding your leg for a bit long. It badly needs dealt with by officials.

That's why ten minutes or so immediately on the sidelines will soon put a stop to it.

Bingo!!!!!!

I take that back, players that do have a serious head knock would try and cover up they are injured. A head injury is a special case, but VAR should look at it and see if he does have a head knock, and give a yellow card if not.
Good shout. Even retrospectively after the game, to stop it slowing down

So, after a game against Dundee where he gets a (important) goal and then an assist, he's just played against the 3rd best team in the league, scored one, put in the cross that Silva scored from and should have had another assist for the chance Dessers managed to somehow miss in the first half and that's your comment in a completely unrelated thread? The kid has just turned 21 and is in his first full season as a senior player. Maybe consider supporting him and see how he develops?
It's a race by certain people to see who can write off our academy players the quickest.

The same player does it all the time the cheating erse that he is

Slightly OT but the Chelsea left back yesterday was doing my tits in with his play acting nonsense. He did get booked and hopefully it was for the over reaction (simulation) to being pushed

Can’t remember the team earlier in the season but they had 3 players feigning a head knock, I want to say it was Killie or Hearts but it could’ve easily been Hibs or the sheep.

Back