Butland's booking

First to the ball as well.

hope that St Mirren player is at least missing some teeth.

I seen someone say if that if a legit foul then its surely a red card.

Needs called out anyway.
I would probably think a red would be merited if they thought it was a genuine foul, last man etc?

He won't be missing any teeth, replay shows his arms are the only thing that makes contact with Butland.

Crazy to see that given as a foul.

I wonder how many strange decisions will be made in other games today.

A nonsense.

Unfortunate for the boy who got hit but that’s never a foul never mind a booking.

Disgraceful decision by Walsh. Butland was clearly first to the ball and it was well clear. What did Walsh expect? Butland to step aside? Walsh used to be decent. What has happened to him?

Was such a quiet match so easy to ref i was starting to think we might see 90 mins without any mad(biased) decisions... i was wrong. I am sure someone will be on to explain that is actually excellent refereeing ofcourse.

Was such a quiet match so easy to ref i was starting to think we might see 90 mins without any mad(biased) decisions... i was wrong. I am sure someone will be on to explain that is actually excellent refereeing ofcourse.
No, Nick Walsh is a shite referee, he is the hard part of the massive jobbie that make up the SFA Referees.

Maybe the worst refereeing decision you will ever see. Walsh ! What an utter clown. It was Butland's ball all day long. Idiot St Boo player should have backed out but runs into JB. Just unbelievable Walsh doing his best to get them an equaliser.

I would probably think a red would be merited if they thought it was a genuine foul, last man etc?

He won't be missing any teeth, replay shows his arms are the only thing that makes contact with Butland.

Crazy to see that given as a foul.

I wonder how many strange decisions will be made in other games today.

that's what I'm thinking.

but he wasn't out of control, yes he came out at pace and off his feet but it was at least 60-40 in his favour.

at no time was he out of control.

The player takes about 2 steps after Butland makes contact, how can that be a foul. He's committed at pace to try win a ball he has no chance of winning and his momentum makes him foul Butland!

that's what I'm thinking.

but he wasn't out of control, yes he came out at pace and off his feet but it was at least 60-40 in his favour.

at no time was he out of control.
Not even close to what could be considered as reckless or out of control, he wasn't endangering an opponent at any point.

Terrible refereeing once again.

In the pub and literally came on just to talk about this. An absolute fucking disgraceful decision.

What annoys me more than anything the lady's front bottom that went through the back of Dessers ten minutes before and doesn’t even get booked.

Guys a wanker.

For me the St Mitten player is going in to a 60/40 against him, at best, he should have pulled out, Butland plays ball and player runs into him, it's a free kick to us, never mind a free kick to them and a booking ffs

It was a genuinely terrible decision, not sure what he saw that none of us saw.

In the pub and literally came on just to talk about this. An absolute fucking disgraceful decision.

What annoys me more than anything the lady's front bottom that went through the back of Dessers ten minutes before and doesn’t even get booked.

Guys a wanker.
What pub ?

Absolute bloody farce. Butland did everything right but the officials saw an opportunity to hand the opposition a chance to score from a very dangerous position.
Butland man of the match.

Not even close to what could be considered as reckless or out of control, he wasn't endangering an opponent at any point.

Terrible refereeing once again.

This, his kicking leg was well away and his non kicking leg is tucked in, he runs into SJB.

I know we can't call out every decision against us, but this was on another level.

There was nothing subjective about this. The player came in late on a goalkeeper and won a foul and a booking.

You could spend years trolling through video archives and never find a similar decision given
This is how I see it. Bookings are generally subjective, but this was just unfathomable. He hadn't even blown for a foul, so who changed his mind?

We 100 % should be hammering this point home.

It was clearly Butland's ball to clear. He was always getting there first. If any player should be pulling out it's the St Mirren one. He's running down a ball he knows he's not getting to, gets there late (not surprisingly) and got hurt. If the contact had hurt Butland it would probably have been a foul to us. Fouls are not supposed to be awarded on the basis of who gets hurt the most but on the perpetrator of the non ball winning contact. That was not Butland

That isnt a foul anywhere else in world football, never mind a yellow for the keeper.

The fact Butland is a Rangers player says it all…

Back