Buzzing for Wednesday

Gazrfc

Added excitement for this given we’ve not got a game at the weekend.

Round about this point the last 2 seasons this would be a game filling me with dread, but the way we’re playing just now I just can’t wait for the next game.

Always a tasty game when we go to Easter Road and with them fresh off a 3-0 pumping off St Johnstone and us off a 5-0 thrashing of Ross County, I really fancy us to click once more and take 3 or 4 off Hibs.

Morelos always turns in a performance against them as well, hopefully he tears that rat Porteous a new one.

Going 4-1 Rangers!

Going by the reports, their pitch is looking more than a bit tired, throw in their neck-high tackles and I will be happy to escape with a point and no injuries.

Their pitch looks to be by far the worst surface we have seen this season. Yes, even worse than Fir Park. A complete leveller to begin with.

Be a scrap. That pitch will make it very difficult to play our usual stuff. A game for being more direct. Winning 2nd balls higher up pitch. Roofe back in for Hagi.

Dangerous to look at St Johnstone winning 3 nil thinking we can go there and roll them over. Hibs will play a totally different game plan, will play like their life’s depend on it and the pitch will be a shocker. Will take any sort of win at this point, and still expect us too despite what I’ve said about Hibs above.
Also think Hibs were getting well over praised after there last game against us

Clancy is in charge of the game so we need to be on it to win. After the Ross game I think we'll win by a couple.

Is Newell injured? I noticed he wasn’t playing against livi and their midfield looked decidedly weaker.

I’m sure Porteous will be jumping about neck high as usual with our players.

I watched the second half of the Hibs vs Fermers game at the weekend and the Leith team were worse than dugshite.

I expect to see them louping around like young gazelles on Wednesday.

Going by the reports, their pitch is looking more than a bit tired, throw in their neck-high tackles and I will be happy to escape with a point and no injuries.

Nah, wouldn't take a point now, we want to go there and destroy them, and I'm confident we can.
Our biggest obstacle will be Clancy, what he lets them away with & whether he gets the opportunity to produce a red for Alfie or another. We go there disciplined with the same attitude as Saturday and we'll take the 3 points. Bring it on.

A point? Did you see us and them at the weekend?

It wouldn't be disastrous but we go there expecting a win.

Last edited:
Tough tough match.

They will be absolutely kicking everything that moves, on a horrible pitch, aided by a cheating referee.

I still wouldn’t accept a draw but this will be tough.

Win this & 55 looks a whole lot easier.
Grigo the one thing we can expect is a serious reaction and effort, they will burst their guts against us - they always have done ). We cant approach this game in any other way than to win the battle and play for 90mins. Must win.

Grigo the one thing we can expect is a serious reaction and effort, they will burst their guts against us - they always have done ). We cant approach this game in any other way than to win the battle and play for 90mins. Must win.

100% with you 54.

We need our players to be ready for war, apart from Morelos, who would be shown red by Clancy for anything. He needs to be very careful.

100% with you 54.

We need our players to be ready for war, apart from Morelos, who would be shown red by Clancy for anything. He needs to be very careful.
Watched their back line against St Johnstone, the left back bombs up and down but left huge spaces for Kent to get in, turn their centre backs and you can cause havoc. Alfie can cause mayhem in there.
As for Clancy I think the entire club know where they stand on his performances.

If we produce the energy levels and intensity that were on show at the weekend, it's a Rangers victory.

Dangerous to look at St Johnstone winning 3 nil thinking we can go there and roll them over. Hibs will play a totally different game plan, will play like their life’s depend on it and the pitch will be a shocker. Will take any sort of win at this point, and still expect us too despite what I’ve said about Hibs above.
Also think Hibs were getting well over praised after there last game against us
Agree with this 100%. We just need to stick to our gameplan and not get sucked in. On our game it's easily 2 or 3 nil but if we get sucked in, I would be happy to get out with a scrappy 1 goal victory.

Watched their back line against St Johnstone, the left back bombs up and down but left huge spaces for Kent to get in, turn their centre backs and you can cause havoc. Alfie can cause mayhem in there.
As for Clancy I think the entire club know where they stand on his performances.

Excellent.

I didn’t see their game 54, but I was delighted with the result.

I don't think they have the character to bounce back from such a dissapointing result at the weekend, I didnt see the game but believe they were the better side before going behind. I think the game would be much tougher had they actually won & their season is over imo, out the Cup which they would have been favourites to win and no real chance of finishing 2nd.

I just can't see them raising their game to the usual levels against us and if we treat the game as you describe I'm confident of a comfortable win, I'm even going to predict we'll score 2 in the first 30 mins.

It'll be a lot easier to watch and enjoy whilst we're 23 points clear rather than a couple of points ahead or behind.

Honestly can’t wait for all our matches this season.

Suspect this one will be tough. HIV’s always throw everything they have at us and lose their next match to diddies, exhausted.

I’ll take a win of any kind, no injuries and Alfie not sent off by a cheat ref right now.

Confident we’ll win, nonetheless.

Back