World Cup 2022 Cameroon v Brazil, Serbia v Switzerland, Ghana v Uruguay. South Korea v Portugal - Friday 2nd

FS1 commentator says there is a bit of tension between these two groups of players.

Talk about stating the bleeding obvious.

Apologies if asked a dozen times but has there ever been a WC where no team has taken maximum points in the group stage?

Really good game that.

Xhakas team mates telling him off for inciting a riot, they obviously don’t fancy a fight with the Serbs.

Which player was it that thrusted his crotch and pissed off their bench?

Shaqiri joining Messi and Ronaldo as the only player to score in the last three World Cups. That's a good fact.

There have been so many twists and turns.

Some results have blown my mind.

Cameroon, Saudi's, Iran.

If I didn't know football I would say this has been scripted like the WWE.

There have been so many twists and turns.

Some results have blown my mind.

Cameroon, Saudi's, Iran.

If I didn't know football I would say this has been scripted like the WWE.
Weird because I thought as the game went on Cameroon would win it but thought not a chance.

Possibly some form of teams just manipulating their paths

There’s been very little negative football this week. The past 3 nights have been brilliant.
I think most teams other than the 6 favourites are negative the first 2 games. Try not to lose. Stay in it til the final game. The last half hour of the final group games has been a laugh. Why not play with that abandon earlier? Because the cautious counter attacking coaches would catch them out.

Still can't get my head around that Uruguay game tbh.

Ghana get a fairly soft penalty where the Ghanaian attacker anticipates contact from the keeper so just falls over, gets the pen.

Uruguay are denied a pen where the Ghanaian defender gets the slightest touch of the ball but comes through the side of the Uruguay player to do so.

The Cavani incident in stoppage time was a disgrace though. Considering the penalty Ghana were given and a few other penalties so far (Ronaldo), then this was a stonewaller.

I've seen people saying Cavani slowed down and played for it, so? There's nothing to say an attacker can't slow down or he must sprint for the ball. End of the day, Cavani gets his body in front of the defender, slows down and the Ghana defender clumsily stumbles into the back of his leg.

Back