Can Hibs come 2nd?

Was going to post asking the same myself.

Its unlikely, but as you say if hibs can go on a run til the split, they could be 6 points behind going in to the split and play hibs at East Road.

There's no certainty celtic will win every game the way they're playing.

It would be great to have won it and be able to watch the split with the chance they'll fall even further.

Can you imagine the irony of Jack Ross leaving the team who finished second to take up the roll at the team who finished 3rd!!

Surprised that folk are handing 2nd to them now tbh. The scum are 3 games from officially losing their title. Heads will drop, their fans will protest and I can see the wheels coming off big time! As said, 2 wins against them from us potentially puts Hibs within a single win of them.

Oh one of these threads again.

It was “can Aberdeen finish second ?” A month ago. Then Livingston.

No, is your answer.

They don’t have the consistency to win enough games to close that sort of gap
Third time lucky pal, you got to admit it would be fabulous seeing Hibs get into the CL hahahaha

Must be seen as a travesty by the sheep and hibs fans that they never put up a fight for 2nd this season. Reality is sheep would be happy with a europa league place and hibs are delighted to be in the top 6. Such a pathetic league we play in.

The beggars would need a massive collapse, which would be nice, I doubt it will happen.

The sheep should have been challenging, they are meant to be the 3rd team in Scotland, but they shat it.

Third time lucky pal, you got to admit it would be fabulous seeing Hibs get into the CL hahahaha

Oh it would be terrific, but it’s not gonna happen. Every time someone touts one of these teams as possibly catching Celtic, they then go and lose their next game to St Johnstone or something. :))

And no, we’re not gonna deliberately lose to Hibs either before someone asks. And yes, I can remember the mentally challengeds losing to Hearts and Aberdeen to screw us.

Entirely possible.

Hibs, as much as they are complete roasters who are just another tinpot outfit plagued with their anti-Rangers bias and inability to see the wood for the trees, would probably contribute more to Scotland’s coefficient than their paedophile sisters from the east.

Oh one of these threads again.

It was “can Aberdeen finish second ?” A month ago. Then Livingston.

No, is your answer.

They don’t have the consistency to win enough games to close that sort of gap
Around November / December Aberdeen and Hibs both had multiple chances to leap into 2nd temporarily, albeit having played a game of 2 more. I never thought they'd stay there. But would have been funny just to embarrass them and ramp up the pressure. And time one had a chance they took the opportunity to demonstrate that lack of consistency you mention dropping points in eminently winnable games.

So the short answer is no. Unfortunately.

Oh it would be terrific, but it’s not gonna happen. Every time someone touts one of these teams as possibly catching Celtic, they then go and lose their next game to St Johnstone or something. :))

And no, we’re not gonna deliberately lose to Hibs either before someone asks. And yes, I can remember the mentally challengeds losing to Hearts and Aberdeen to screw us.
Hehehehehehe.

I know what you mean, the FF curse if you like.

Anyway it is not about them, it is about us and 55, f*ck the rest.

You’d be better off asking if celtic can finish first. They can, but there’s no fucking way they will!

Around November / December Aberdeen and Hibs both had multiple chances to leap into 2nd temporarily, albeit having played a game of 2 more. I never thought they'd stay there. But would have been funny just to embarrass them and ramp up the pressure. And time one had a chance they took the opportunity to demonstrate that lack of consistency you mention dropping points in eminently winnable games.

So the short answer is no. Unfortunately.

For what it’s worth, I doubt it matters that much.

I’m not entirely sure what route the Scottish runners up would have to navigate to get to the CL group stages....but I’m fairly confident it will be more challenging than the more straightforward ‘champions route’ that they’ve consistently fucked up over the last number of years.

If the sheep and hivs had been anything other than rotten this year septic would be fourth.

Nah, that's like the vermin giving themselves 9 points for games in hand and 6 points for the next OF matches. Hivs and the scum will drop plenty of points as it is and the top 4 will remain the same

Hibs killed any chance of this by throwing points away last month to County and Dundee United. They also should have 6 points from their games against Celtic, rather than 2 - they played them at Parkhead post-Dubai and should've won, while they bottled a 2 goal lead at home to them earlier in the season. Those games pretty much explain the gap between the two teams right now.

Celtic are shit enough this year another team could make a push, unfortunately (and to be fair, probably partly due to COVID and no fans hampering these teams financially) no team below them has a squad capable of the level of consistency required to usurp them, especially at this late stage.

Very unlikely but not impossible. I do not think it will happen but would love Hibs to prove me wrong. The difference with Celtic catching us and Hibs catching Celtic is that Hibs dont have to catch team who have been formidable. Hibs win their next game they go on to 55 points and with the power of 55 the season could get even better.

Hibs would need to win most of their remaining games. Celtic will drop points so it's possible but unlikely. Hibs could win a few but then they'd throw away points against livi and St mirren.

If they did manage to get close then it would be great. The beasts would bottle it.

Back