Can Kemar Roofe give us a significant contribution for the remaining 9 league games?

whatever-shrug.gif

We all know his injury history , so like everybody else my expectations are pretty low.
However , for me , if able to play he is our best striker .
Hopefully we are pleasantly surprised .

Never mind his "when fit" abilities and for different reasons of course, but Kemar Roofe has proven time and again he's a player we cannot rely on.

Reactions: VGM
I’d like to hope so, even a couple of goals off the bench would be a big help, and he has the ability to score big important goals as well.

However, as always with Kemar, I certainly won’t be counting on him. A couple of goals, especially against the beggars, to help us win the league, would be a great way to end a very frustrating few years at Rangers for him.

I cannot see him lasting 8 games but if he can stay free of injury and utilised as a sub I can see him contributing with some goals

Would anybody be surprised if he was injured over the break?

If he is fit then he will have at least one big moment over the remaining 11 games this season. If is a very big word in that sentence though

It’s unlikely he’ll stay fit, even being used as a sub.

However, if he can, then absolutely. He’s easily the best finisher at the club and a level above the other striking options.

I know Easter is the time of resurrection but the very suggestion is so laughable as to be unfunny.

He hasn't looked very good in the cameos he has made recently, I think all the injuries have taken their toll sadly. He was a good player a couple of seasons ago but I fear not anymore.

No. Nothing to suggest otherwise for me.

He'll get injured between now and May. I'm absolutely convinced of it.

He’s played 5 of our last 6 games since his latest return from injury, sitting out Kilmarnock away on the plastic pitch. Average of 15 minutes at a time. Hopefully he’s been managed better this time and with the international break, we might be able to get 25/30 minutes out of him regularly. I think that’s probably the most we can hope for. Hopefully I’m wrong as he scores big goals.

It’s unlikely he’ll stay fit, even being used as a sub.

However, if he can, then absolutely. He’s easily the best finisher at the club and a level above the other striking options.
Hmmm, debatable nowadays.

That might have applied a couple of years ago, i am not sure it does anymore. He looks shot, completely shot.

He's done. But if all he does is score a winner next Sunday against them he can leave a hero, because that result would put us in an amazing position. The league would be ours to lose (if we do our job tomorrow).

He hasn't looked very good in the cameos he has made recently, I think all the injuries have taken their toll sadly. He was a good player a couple of seasons ago but I fear not anymore.

Hes had less than 15 minutes in all bar one, and 2 were against Benfica.

Difficult to make any sort of impression on a game in those times.

My hope is that he needs to show some sort of form for a contract somewhere else next year,

I think he has a big goal for us to come this year. If he gets minutes he will get goals.

Hes had less than 15 minutes in all bar one, and 2 were against Benfica.

Difficult to make any sort of impression on a game in those times.
Problem is he isn't fit enough for more minutes.

It is over for him here, he has run out of cameos. Finally.

But it typical football fan hypocrisy, of course i will cheer the house down should he bow out with an important goal! :D

This is all in my opinion:

At this point in the season, Kemar Roofe is no longer playing for Rangers, he is playing for himself and will do whatever it takes to get himself a contract next season with another team. That will require a fine balancing act from him between performing well in moments but also not playing too much to increase the risk of him getting injured.

He knows he needs to be fit around June to win a contract with another team in the summer. I think he'll down tools before the end of the season with another "injury" but he'll actually just be preserving himself so he is fit to join pre-season with another club to win a contract.

He is a very good striker but I'll be amazed if he plays a pivotal role in this title run-in.

A fully fit Roofe is a very good striker and would be an amazing boost if he were to stay fit for the rest of the season- a big If but you never know

Back