Can Kemar Roofe give us a significant contribution for the remaining 9 league games?

Dowell was warming up too, he's not on the bench.

Possibly in case there's an injury in the warm-up to someone else.

Regularly 2 extra players on the pitch prematch.

Usually been the likes of McKinnon, Fraser or Yfeko.

Ben Davies nowhere to be seen. We have an enormous squad and get very little from too many.

Roofe has 4 goals in his last 26 appearances over 2 seasons

He isn’t just injury prone. He has been poor when he has played recently

If he was a player that came back from a long term injury and went on a run of games that might be different, but he returns and is then out again for another long period , hes too unpredictable.

Was there any official word on why he wasn't involved yesterday?

"We had depth today and players to choose from. Kemar Roofe and Kieran Dowell did a good job in training but weren’t selected. They were unlucky but after injuries they’re not ready to play for 90 minutes so I had to find a balance. I couldn’t have half of my selection unable to play 90 minutes. I had to take all of that into account and I had a few scenarios in my head before making decisions. But it’s important to have depth and the level is really high now in training. It will rise again in the next couple of weeks because they will be fitter, with more competition for places."

"We had depth today and players to choose from. Kemar Roofe and Kieran Dowell did a good job in training but weren’t selected. They were unlucky but after injuries they’re not ready to play for 90 minutes so I had to find a balance. I couldn’t have half of my selection unable to play 90 minutes. I had to take all of that into account and I had a few scenarios in my head before making decisions. But it’s important to have depth and the level is really high now in training. It will rise again in the next couple of weeks because they will be fitter, with more competition for places."

Oh, that's great news.

At least having Sima back as an option allows Clement to play both Silva and Dessers in the same team.

Oh, that's great news.

At least having Sima back as an option allows Clement to play both Silva and Dessers in the same team.

Sima coming back in is going to be crucial. Don't think he'll start next week but post split he could be massive for us.

Silva and Wright just don't give us anywhere near the goal threat he does.

Reactions: cav

Much having Sima involved and getting minutes to build up to starting soon verses Roofe only ever managing 20 minutes or whatever.

Having sima back now you've technically Gotham, silva and dessers for that front spot. I'd be surprised injuries barring if we see Roofe in many squads again

No, in a word.

Has proven time and time again that he is never going to be a player who has a prolonged period of time injury free.

To be perfectly honest, I wouldn’t trust him to get my weekly shop in case he injured himself.

Everyone will have their part to play. It's great that we can now choose who gets in the squad as opposed to having to select only those available

Back