Can new boss spark Kamara revival?

He suits 4-3-3 far more than 4-2-3-1 and Beale loves him so I think so

The only benefit of re-igniting the spark would be how much we can sell him for. He is a supporting cast member in a midfield where we need a leading man.

An on form & eager to play GK is without any doubt something we could greatly benefit from IMO

How we can get that - is probably anyone's guess
I'm still in the dark as to what's caused his fall from grace

I'm not as sure as many on here are - regarding Gio's influence causing his dip in form - or that he's never recovered from the criminal racist incident - or that his own attitude means he's just given up

None of these things would help of course - & all of them together would be enough to ruin better players than Glen's form

I think he may also have suffered from his own lack of versatility - &/or ability to play alongside others shoehorned into unnatural positions

Whatever has caused this - I sincerely hope MB has it in his repertoire to reverse his decline - because writing him off seems absurd to me

I rate Kamara but he takes a good few games consecutively to get going, what at times he needs to do is quicken up his play as we need to be quicker in midfield and not take as many touches which slow our play down.
I believe not having watched Finland he plays a different way for them.

The wa nky term "Rolls Royce of a Player"

On his day he suits the title, makes the game looks easy. Clearly not rated by Gio and or downed tools.

I think he sees his career elsewhere which is fine by me but get him back playing to his best and sell for +£6m and reinvest back in the team with someone that wants to be there.

Wouldnt be devistated to see him leave but would want the club to make money on him to add back to the squad

It’s an attitude that is not reserved for the world of professional football, Scott.
In any job, if you don’t get on with the manager, your productivity can fall, and if the manager has a REAL downer on you, then it can mean that you subconsciously and effectively “down tools”.
If that manager moves on before you do, and a new boss comes in, then there’s a chance that you might start producing your best again under a new regime. With regard to Glen Kamara, I reckon he’ll be given the opportunity, along with everyone else, to show that he is still good enough to play for The Rangers!
Lot of "if's" in there but yeah, I fully agree.

It’s funny how Considering a large percentage on here didn’t want Beale as manager there’s now an expectation every player is going to be revitalised under him

I think we'll see a good few revivals - a sad inditement of modern day football, but that's the way it is. The players were completely void of any confidence and ideas under Gio.
Didn't Davie Cooper get back to his best form under Jock Wallace; I'm sure that's been written about, where his form may have drifted before that.

Yes from me we have really missed Kamara on form and injury free surely this will kick start his season.

Obviously there are questions over Kamara's commitment, if he can put that right then I don't see why he can't turn it around. Wouldn't be surprised to see him start against hibs after a few weeks under the belt with Beale.

I'm deep in wait and see mode, mainly out of hope that Beale can get an immediate tune out of a group of players he has already coached.

Thing is with Kamara is he seems to suffer from a self sabotage mode many other key players in the squad often fall into. So even if we get a bounce from Beale and Kamara returns to the form he's capable of, unless he sorts his head out he'll regress again.

Where is the opinion that Gio never rated Kamara coming from? 1 of the first things he did when he arrived was make Kamara the lynchpin in midfield, giving him more responsibility than he'd ever had under Gerrard. That blew up in his face spectacularly against the mhanks when Kamara had to get hooked at HT in the Feb game. We then spent most of last season trying to shoehorn him into the midfield, usually as a 10. Bizarrely, Gio then gave him a similar role this season against the mhanks and once again, had to hook him at HT. Kamara got plenty of chances under Gio, he just never took any of them.

Since when has it been acceptable for players to dictate when they can be bothered to play or not? Gio’s tactics was not responsible for the level of performances some players have given lately, Kamara and a few others need hounded out as soon as possible.

Since when has it been acceptable for players to dictate when they can be bothered to play or not? Gio’s tactics was not responsible for the level of performances some players have given lately, Kamara and a few others need hounded out as soon as possible.
Yes, this has been a problem with the same players even when Gerrard was here they played well when they felt like it.

Yes, this has been a problem with the same players even when Gerrard was here they played well when they felt like it.
certain players don’t have the right winning mentality to play for us now. When we were happy with just challenging them then fine but now we must be beating them, they will let us down.

Given other player contract issues, he’s arguably the most sellable asset we have. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him sold in Jan to help fund some additions. His international and Europa cup performances should hopefully have kept his value high even although he’s not be playing/performing to his best this season.

In my opinion Kamara has acted poorly and should be shown the door his time with us is over and we need players who want to be here and can adapt.

certain players don’t have the right winning mentality to play for us now. When we were happy with just challenging them then fine but now we must be beating them, they will let us down.
Yes, some switched off once they had won something even Beale said that they had gone as far as they could.
Some are just comfortable now and feel they have earned the right to coast we need rid of them.

Gio’s man management of Kamara was bizarre.

He would come in out of the blue, get hooked after 45 minutes then wouldn’t be seen for a few weeks. Then would come back in randomly and so the cycle repeated.

We obviously don’t know what happened behind the scenes, but Gio’s management of him was poor.

For me Kamara’s issues can be tracked back to those horrendous racism incidents with Prague. I don’t think we fully appreciate what he went through, including threat of prosecution.

This was followed up by the abuse he got from school children on his next game in Prague and continues to this day, even when playing for Finland. He just strikes me as a player who fell out of love with football.

Hope I’m wrong and Mick Beales team can get the old Glen back, as I was a big fan.
Don't forget he was made one of the subjects of a fraudulent politically motivated witchhunt that was led by a Scottish minister and a fabulist bigot MP, the national police force played along, and the Scottish media blew it up without a single critical voice in the media challenging the fake news. And this was within weeks of Slavia Prague. Bad enough being racially abused and hectored by the Czechs, but Kamara was then treated disgracefully by the country he lives in.

I do wonder if we'll hear about some of this when Kamara leaves Scotland.

This might upset a few. I think he’s rubbish and will never be the midfield player we need. A few cameo performances but far too inconsistent to play at the level me need. There’s a reason why he keeps getting “linked” with possible transfers but has never moved on.

Gio’s man management of Kamara was bizarre.

He would come in out of the blue, get hooked after 45 minutes then wouldn’t be seen for a few weeks. Then would come back in randomly and so the cycle repeated.

We obviously don’t know what happened behind the scenes, but Gio’s management of him was poor.
It seemed that way, looking from the outside; if he plays far more often under Beale, then obviously there may well have been a problem there.

Not to downplay what Kamara contributed to 55 and some of his outstanding European performances last season, or the influence players like him can have quietly over a team, but if you look at what we need to get us ahead of the scum - runs from midfield, goals, creativity - getting Kamara fit and firing would be a bonus (especially in terms of attracting bids) but should be well down Beale's list of priorities.

He’ll likely move on in the near future and I’d prefer to get as much as possible for him in keeping with the trading model we are starting to put in place. For that to happen we need an in form Kamara and for me that’s as the DM, the only DM. Give Lundstram the freedom to go forward as he’s a bigger goal threat.

Anyone that wants to start playing now that they prefer this manager can get fucked
Exactly you can never have a time when you have players picking who they play for this won't end well if we do not get rid of a lot of players to change the mindset in the dressing room.

I hope so but he wants away, if he can get in a decent bit of form the remainder of the season then he puts himself in the shop window, it would suit rangers and him.

Back