Can no longer watch with sound on

Exact same. The commentators add no value and come out with shite like 'it was a great cross and a superb finish.' I'm not fucking blind.

Agreed - McCoist patter is rank - Craggs this and Craggs that.
And 'Craggs' talking like he's having a sh!te when co-commentating.

Mccoist was a hero as a player. His managerial exploits have been covered elsewhere. The complete flip he did between Friday night's commentary where he wouldn't have given us the steam off his shite to last night's fawning is cringeworthy of the highest order. He is I'm sorry to say pathetic but he is keeping excellent company on that programme.

Would it be fair to assume that McCoist is there as a balancer, after their terrible panels early in the season? A very, very poor choice.

It's impossible to take anything he says with any authority. We all know how clueless he is tactically, sitting there listening to him telling people what they should have done after the event really adds nothing. It's what you'd get from a pub bore. "Should have done this", "should have done that", "see I told you".

Like the Alnwick one handed save. Great header, and an even better save. Both worthy of praise. "Should have headed it down the way" was the analysis, even though you couldn't really fault the guys effort.

Don't even get me started on the chummy nicknames.

Agree mate.Ally and Craigan last night were awful.
Calling Craigan Craggs and Sutton Sutts is cringeworthy.

This. It was like banter between 13 year old kids in the playground. And how many times did they get the names of the players wrong? Mind you, when the alternative is Sutton and Butcher I suppose we have to be careful for what we wish for!

Last edited:
ally first criticising tav for being at the opponents byline at 3-1 to us then two mins later praising him for being up there and almost scoring the guy has no clue about football beyond the playing side

I watched via a dodgy live stream that didn't have any commentary just crowd noise.

It's amazing that without the constant drivel, you actually concentrate more on the game and are more aware of the shape and performance of the team.

It's the future!!

I can no longer listen to the inane ramblings of any commentators or pundits and have to watch with the sound off. I just wish I could hear the crowd without the commentary.

I have been doing this for years, its mostly the co-commentators that annoy me though, Mutton being the worst obviously.

Was losing my rag with McCoist lastnight.with his so called expert opinion(no laughing at the back)hes definitely forgot the shite he made us watch.oh and its the pitch, wind, and every other benign Fucking excuse he could come up with

BT sports commentary is awful and sadly, I now include ally in that as he speaks some amount of nonsense at times along with the rest.

Cancelled BT sports long ago, they don't even hide their anti Rangers agenda, from the way they talk, to who they employ to cover our games, glad 1 penny from me doesn't got towards them, i pay ÂŁ5 to RTV even though the commentary is shite, i'd rather fund my club than these nonces.

Have to agree.
Everything Partick Thistle did was "brilliant, excellent" and when we had a good bit of play it was "good"

They also showed Partick fans when the teams came out and when they scored but never showed our fans.

It is pretty petty (imo).

Big fan of McCoist saying "As a manager I wouldn't do that, I'd do this" several times.

If you were manager Ally, you'd be playing Louis Moult at centre half for Rangers.

McCoist sounds like someone doing a parody of McCoist.

The main commentator Rory Hamilton was ok. But anything is an improvement on Rob McLean.

I just can't take McCoist seriously. I keep thinking "Aye, and you were a tactical genius Allistair!".

At one point he was having a right go at either Windass or Candeias for not hitting the back post. Going for the back post then pulling back..........the fact the cross was blocked at the front was irrelevant of course.

Thought that McCoist was better last night - would have got 10/10 if he had flung "Craggs" aff the gantry!!

Would people really prefer McLean, Sutton and Butcher?

I can no longer listen to the inane ramblings of any commentators or pundits and have to watch with the sound off. I just wish I could hear the crowd without the commentary.
Me too, they're a complete joke.
This is what passes as a pundit in this country, total pricks.

I'm on holiday just now so watched the last 2 games in a bar with no commentary. Thought that we've been decent in spells in both games and should have won convincingly if we'd taken the clear cut chances created.
Visited borh match threads at halftime and fulltime and I'm convinced I was watching a different game.
I wonder if at times the negative comments influence some people's views on the game

McCoist's ramblings last 2 games were cringeworthy
Did you miss him praising Pena for a great goal.

Did you miss him praising Ross McRorie for his display.

Did you miss him last week when they highlighted Windass gesture and could it lead to a ban, he mentioned Lego Muncher kicking Hamilton player in the face?

I manage to get to most of the games but the commentary last night was awful and I just couldn't listen to that every week.

Fingers crossed the Heart and Hand alternative commentary isn't too far away

Did you miss him praising Pena for a great goal.

Did you miss him praising Ross McRorie for his display.

Did you miss him last week when they highlighted Windass gesture and could it lead to a ban, he mentioned Lego Muncher kicking Hamilton player in the face?
Seems most posters missed the couple of digs he had last week.
As I said on another thread, I would love a link to a Mexican channel if they show the game on Saturday as at least wouldn't understand them but they will be brilliant when the Mexicans score

McCoist sounded sedated last night, what he was saying was mostly sense but the way it was delivered actually made me wonder if he's OK.

McCoist's ramblings last 2 games were cringeworthy
Much as I admired Ally as a player, as a pundit he has much to learn. I think that he forgets that he was a manager when he states opinions of tactics that never seemed to occur to him at the time. In saying that, it is a step in the right direction to have Rangers minded guys like him and Rae on the panels.

W.A.T.P.

Last edited:
Rangers TV don't even follow the match at times. Tom Miller asking the guest questions about their experiences in football etc.

More commentating Tom !

Rangers TV don't even follow the match at times. Tom Miller asking the guest questions about their experiences in football etc.

More commentating Tom !

I'll take Tom any day although I hardly listen, mainly watching. I know Tom isn't going to be having sly digs at the team/club/fans. I only watch Rangers so my 18 quid is well spent instead of half the fucking jokers that do commentate on our games outwith RTV.

TV companies business model have a weird outlook on fans if they think we want Andy Walker, Davie Provan, Derek Rae, Chris Sutton and any other reptile that love a dig at us.

I would never pay their wages, never.

I'm the same. Been that way for a while. BBC used to have an option on the red button where you had the crowd noise, but no commentary. Quite liked that, but it seems to no longer be an option. Choice is now the normal TV commentary or the 5live commentary.

David Edgar and co have talked about doing a live pod thing for bt games. It wouldn't be commentary but think they would be talking about the game.

An interesting idea. I hope they go for it

We really do scrape the bottom of the barrel when it comes to commentators,except Ally of course......
Got him straight outta some mothers do have him.

I couldn't agree more OP, I don't know how many times I've said it to the missus. A red button for crowd noise only.

Have said before the only reason I have BT is because it's free with my package. That said it can't be that difficult to have a crowd only option on the red button. Sky had it a few seasons ago along with their fan commentary.

normal telly commentators are sh*ite .

even Rangers tv is awful .

the only time Rangers TV is good is when hughie burns is on it .

I'm with TNT on this, just cannot take McCoist's analysis seriously. He should watch some of our old games when he was in charge then perhaps he might not be so smart with his comments. But then again! Ally doesn't do embarrassment.

Back